1/3 cup cream

INSTRUCTIONS

cream butter and sugar until fluffy
add eggs, one at a time. Beating well between each
Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together
add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream and crushed chocolate

Grease and line 22cm cake tin
break up caramel chocolate
Pour in 1/2 batter and add chocolate (caramel)
Pour in rest of batter
Bake at 180oC for 45 -60 minutes or until set
leave in tin for 10-15 minutes before turning out on to the rack

GLAZE; mix the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat, stir until smooth
           let the glaze sit for 5minutes before pouring over top of cake.
This glaze mix can be made thicker , fudge like consistency

To make this even more interesting  bake TWO cakes, when cooled place in refridgerator to chill
Cut slight hollow out of the top of one cake , pour in ' nestle 'caramel filling
Place other cake on top ,pour over glaze, top and sides. CHILL
Use Ice Magic to make swirly designs on top. CHILL
Cut cake into 1/4's and freeze
Use sharp knife to slice VERY THIN SLICES from frozen cake

SERVE FROZEN bear_wub bear_wub

this can be made with a good quality packet cake.
The idea is to add as much caramel and chocolate that is humanly possible to this cake.

EXPERIMENT & INDULGE
I have used peppermint chocolate and lollies is this cake as well.

HOW MANY VARIETIES CAN YOU COME UP WITH????? bear_grin bear_grin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAYS GIRLS :cake: :bday:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

fadge.jpgI love this pie sooo yami!
Happy birthday ladies!!!

Deb Upstate New York

YUM!  Thank you!  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower What a wonderful way to go!!  Thanks, Matilda. I've wrecked my appetite for breakfast just reading the recipe!  :love:

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO PLEEEEEEZE NO NO NO - DON'T MAKE ME DO IT

o okay then

Penny - whipping out the cake mix as i type  bear_tongue

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on my chocolate cravings ....I give up !....Winney

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oooooohhhhhhhh that looks so good, I almost had to lick the screen !!!!!  bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my goodness gracious . . . that recipe is DECADENT!!  Aaaaahhhhhhh - death by chocolate.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've printed it out with the full intention of baking it tomorrow....yummy!!! Will let you know how it goes. Slurp bear_tongue

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

ive gone up a size and i only had a quick look  :doh:

Pipa UK

heheh all this chocolate talk, i will have to keep this recipe. thankyou matilda bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thank you Matilda for the recipe - are you wanting us all to be plump Bear makers?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I've printed it up....but I have questions:

1.  What is ice magic, white and milk?

2.  Do you mean like the caramel that can go on ice cream?

3.  when you say double cream do you mean to double the recipie or is it something you buy that is called double cream....perhaps like whipping cream?

I am planning on making this soon.....

bear_tongue

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Mmmmm welcome to chocoholics anonymous.  bear_grin

Heyyyyyy youuuuuu guyyyyyyyssssss

I need answers or I can't make it- come on Matilda.....grocery shopping tomarrow.....

Ice magic?    ????

double cream?    is this similar to whipping cream?

caramel filling?    like what Americans put on ice cream....its kind of runny

OK?  Translations needed seriously here.....Chocolate fix needed desperetly here too!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Hi my name is Dilu and I am a chocoholic......

Deb Upstate New York

Dilu ~ you're sounding pretty desperate there hun!  ;)

I think the caramel filling is the Nestle caramel filling, and is only for the 2 layer variety.  She says to pour it, so am assuming it is indeed the goop we put on ice cream. 

Double cream I took to mean heavy whipping cream.  (Can you feel your arteries clogging?)

No clue though, what ice magic is.

My teeth hurt already.

I'm seriously loosing weight waiting here!!! and I'm not fat to begin with, though you would think I should be what with al the chocolate.....but you see I only have a little taste......frequently but little tastes.....I can't eat much cuz the fat does to me what it used to do to our Jane from England-except I don't have a gallbladder......so there is nothing to yank out.... :(

But the Hubster loves this stuff, and I love the hubs, and he doesn't get it all the time.........but his birthday is coming up and io KNOW HE WOULD love this.......

Hello my name is still Dilu and I am still a chocoholic........ :lol:

a chocoholic wondering what white magic is.....

bear_tongue

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  Work schedule's been tough -BUT I have to read this forum or go nuts!

Matilda, I hope you don't mind...  :redface:

So...  I GOOGLED "Ice Magic" and this is what I came up with:
"If you're as old as me then you will probably be able to remember Ice Magic Chocolate Sauce. When I was young Ice Magic was a novelty as when the thick chocolate sauce was poured over ice cream it immediately set so that it was rock solid, and as the spoon was dug into its smooth surface the chocolate cracked into small pieces adding an unusual taste texture to the ice cream."

There is something like this available here in the US, but I can't remember the name..  bear_rolleyes Not very helpful, I'm afraid. And the recipe looks like you need both white chocolate and milk chocolate flavors.  I hope I am not messing this up, Matilda!

Double cream can be best explained by one of our British friends, I think.  ( I've never seen it in person - I gotta go to England!   bear_tongue ) The internet says "Double cream is the British term for heavy or whipping cream in the United States, but it is a little thicker than our whipping cream."

It all sounds mighty good to me!  I'm off to have a snack.  Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds!  :dance:
Lynne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Matilda, I'm trying to loosing my
weight now but I can't stay away
this !!  :doh:
Your recipe sounds so YUM ! :lol:

Julia, is that your cooking ???
The cake looks wonderful !!!!
I need to go shopping now !  :whistle:
Hugs/Marie

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Far as i know ice magic comes in a plastic squeeze bottle for poring over icecream or sucking out the top  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Deb Upstate New York

Fran ~

Sucking out the top ... hahahahahahahahahahaha!   :hug:

I love it .... and you.

Ice Magic ... Dilu maybe like Magic Shell?

Where the heck is that Matilda?

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
jazzyrags wrote:

Far as i know ice magic comes in a plastic squeeze bottle for poring over icecream or sucking out the top  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

bear_grin bear_grin :clap: bear_grin :clap: :lol:Brilliant, absolutely brilliant bear_grin

LYNN? you are a wonder you are bear_thumb this recipe is so decadent it cant be messed up bear_grin

DILU......I hear you!!!ice magic is that chocolate sauce that sets on ice cream.  The idea is to have both bottles and squeeze over finished cake and then with the edge of a knife make little squiggles. Ice magic isnt a compulsory ingredient. :lol:white is the white one :doh:& milk is the light brown one called dairy milk. bear_wub

Caramel is as Deb says.....it comes in a can like condense milk.( It is condense milk. ) Nestle have already turned it into caramel for us. It is thicker than the one usually used for icecream. bear_wub

Double cream... is the real thick one. the one that you can cut with a knife bear_grin :lol:in aust it comes as thickened cream or "King Island" double cream. The English do a wicked dble cream as well.
Ask Judi, shes a dairy farmer bear_grin bear_grin

Now you all know why it took so long for me to post this recipe.  Please enjoy it. Play with it and make it your own.  I'm not allowed to have it any more. I only ever made it on request . It's too deadly to be anything more than an indulgence. bear_wub bear_wub   Yummmmmchocolate bear_wub

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Mmm....double cream....now you're talking!!!! Or how about extra thick double cream! Even better :cool:. Of course, it's full of all that nasty FAT (blurrghhh) but we'll forget about that.... :whistle:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/glossary/d.shtml?double_cream

Well, I made up this recipe today and have to say...it's delicious! I didn't have a baking tray big enough so used paper cake cases instead and it worked a treat (about half the cooking time was needed). Topped them with a vanilla frosting and chocolate curls. I don't have a photo to show you though, 'cos i ate them already!!!

Noooo, not really, only joking!!!!

(Hubby will be delighted when he gets home. He has a really sweet tooth and always complains that I never bake anything!).

Oh OH OH

Sweetended condensed milk,  my auntie keeps an open can in the fridge and takes a spoon of it as she walks by....I love it too, but not quite that much.....

ok and the ice magic, I think we have similar......l

I think we can do this......

thank you Pipa for the internet search... :doh:  I could have thought of that but I was too busy whineing..... bear_grin

I'll keep you guys posted, but if you don't hear back, know I loved you all....incase the arteries harden and the blood sugar rates go up into the stratosphere....and they say no autopsy because it is perfectly obvious the cause of my demise was Chocoshock Syndrome
:dance: bear_grin :dance: bear_grin :dance: bear_grin :dance: bear_grin :dance: bear_grin

At least I die happy?

I'm still Dilu and still have this weee little problem.....

Do you think there is a Chocoholics Annon.?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Dilu wrote:

Heyyyyyy youuuuuu guyyyyyyyssssss

LMAO this reminds me of the guy in the Goonies - HEY YOU GUYS lol

Board footer