Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Deb Upstate New York
Dilu wrote:

Oh OH OH

Sweetended condensed milk,  my auntie keeps an open can in the fridge and takes a spoon of it as she walks by....I love it too, but not quite that much.....

Eww ...

Okay ... now Dilu, when are you making yours?  I'm going to shoot for Friday or Saturday.  Rolos are sometimes hard to find here (believe it or not).  I'm short on time this week, so may try the box cake version this time around.  Hubby can hardly wait.

Yum, yum, yum!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Deb!!! I once used curly wurlys. I just laid them on top of the first layer of batter , poured rest of batter and layed more. I poked the top ones down into the batter with my FINGERS yummmmmmmm :love:
You could use aero bars. Peppermint aeros!!!!even yummmyer :love:

DILU!! Is there chocolate in heaven do you think?.....

WA

Sorry Julie, I keep forgetting to tell you that I have been drooling over your cake pics :lol:yummmmm
seriously yummmmm :lol:

Helena!! pics please. Have you done the taste test yet?...or is that to be hubbys job?

I hope you all survive the experience!!! :pray:I'll be back in a couple of days :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

Oh no!  What are curly wurlys?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, exactly, Deb!  And my next question is... do the eggs HAVE TO BE free range?

bear_tongue bear_original bear_whistle

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Good question, Shelli...but what does free range mean?  :redface: Does that mean cage free?  :redface:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes.  I was being silly, actually... of course eggs don't HAVE TO BE free range!

My understanding, not being a chicken or egg farmer myself, if that free-range refers to animals that are allowed to basically roam around... rather than being stuck, their whole lives long, in tiny little cubbyholes, or cages.

Many people insist on eating only free-range eggs, and even free-range chicken for their dining, because it is said to be better, healthier, more organic, more environmentally friendly, less cruel, etc.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

cakes.jpgCakes that make you go mmmmmmm.....  bear_grin

Deb Upstate New York

oooooooooooooooooooo .. yum.

They made me just think ... I have a recipe for cheesecake cupcakes I haven't made in a LONG time.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I LOVE cheesecake....please share, Deb!

This forum is not good for my waistline, that's for sure.... bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

Soon as I find it, I'll post it!
:hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Thankyou Deb! I'll look forward to that...  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Not only is there chocolate in heaven but no one will have diabetes and no one will have problems eating things with fat.....

Curly wurlys?

Deb, I couldn't get all the ingredients today-the store just didn;t have them.....small town...but I have the print out and I am trying to figure out good substitutes if I can find stuff.....

curly wirlys?  oh dear......But it will be o so so so so good.....

bear_tongue

is it hard to type when your arteries harden?  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

bear_tongue

WA

HELENA!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this topic.
Deb thanks for the cheesecake recipe. Havent made it yet. BUT....it is on the agenda. It is to be my next treat.

CURLY WURLY'S......are just another chocolate covered caramel sweet. They are thin and narrow & twisted into a plait.  Yummy. :thumbsup:

You all know that this is treat food. Not every day food.? bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Sorry almost forgot......Free range or barn laid eggs are the best, because the chickens arent under any stress.
And even if they didnt taste any better, I would still buy them because I dont want to eat an egg that has been tortured out of a chook. Duck eggs are better, if you can get them. :hug: bear_grin bear_grin

Board footer