Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

:lol:I was at a craft show this weekend at Clarkson University, 5 miles from my house. 2 days of standing and freezing on the ice in the arena paid off. ( the ice was covered with boards) I put my Moon Bear up intending to take orders and just in general to get information out about their plight. As I returned from the bathroom, my friend who was watching the booth, was talking to a woman, and holding the Moon Bear. Moon Bear sold, without a second thought!!!!! I was soooo happy! Later in the afternoon, this same woman came back and wanted one of my "fur" bears (from vintage fur coats). She was looking at 4 bears, finally deciding on my Persian Lamb Lamb!!!!!!  bear_smile Other things I sold were incidental, but my Life-size Penguin went!  bear_wub I think that all that went will have good homes........one Clarkson student stood and stuffed a penguin for her mother for Christmas!  :dance: Just wanted to share my joy,,,,,but now I have to get a Moon bear made for next weekend when I have a craft show in another town about 40 miles from me.........all this with the right arm in a splint with acute tendonitis!  bear_whistle When it rains, it pours!

I wish all luck who have shows coming up..... bear_wub
Ellen

Deb Upstate New York

Ellen ~  :dance:

That's very exciting.  Sorry to hear your having trouble with tendonitis.  My husband has had two surgeries for tendonitis.  It's no fun.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: bear_thumb Way to go, Ellen!!!  :hug:

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yay! Congratulations Ellen.  :dance:
               Sorry to here about the Tendonitis, I hope it is soon better.  :rose:
Good luck with the next show.  :thumbsup:

Jane  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Its really nice to hear people are doing well. Jenny had a good fair yesterday too. Now all we need is ebay to get better!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Well done Ellen  :thumbsup:

YOUCH! - tendonitus, even the name SOUNDS painful  bear_shocked  bear_sad  :cry:

I hope that it gets better soon, don't knock yourself out to make another moon bear though Ellen - your health is more important than bears (yeah, ok - bears come a close second)!

Penny -  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yay!  More good bear show news!

It occurs to me that there might be a correlation between the season -- fall/winter, holiday -- and the recent upsurge in interest at bear shows, with people buying more than in recent months.  Bears are furry little guys, after all.  And this is the season to think "gifts"... but also, snuggling.  And wha could be better to snuggle than a teddy bear?

Maybe something to keep in mind, in determining which shows to attend... and for promoters, in deciding when to stage the big ones?

Just musing here... I have no particular experience or insight.  Do any of the more experienced exhibitors have this same sense?  That the fall/winter/early spring timeframe is the "best" one for sales and shows?  Would be curious to hear your thoughts...

Pipa UK

Wow ellen tha is GREAT news. well done !!!  bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Ellen,

That's great news!  Glad you did well.  I'm sorry about your tendonitis.  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Ellen,

glad that the show went well for you and sorry to hear about the tendonitis and to have your right
arm in a splint - I don't know how you are managing to make a Bear. Good luck.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Ellen well done ... it is a wonderful feeling when someone buys your bears and very humbling.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is super news, Ellen . . . big congrats!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow Yay! Congratulations Ellen.  :hug:
It's so nice to hear your good news.   :thumbsup:
Sorry about the Tendonitis, I hope you will be soon better.    :pray:

Hugs/Marie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great news on the bear sales Ellen,  :clap:
Now you need to get better though  :hug:

Board footer