Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi girls,
I have received a message saying that my last posting here was inapropriate and asking me to remove it - i have, it's gone. The message also said that i had upset other members here at Teddy Talk, if that is the case then i apologise to you ladies /gents for offending you.

I did'nt swear or anything like that so there's no need for anyone to clutch their handbag to their chests old lady style he he he

Once again. i apologise profoundly for upsetting you all  bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry

Penny

Densteds Densteds
Website

I'm perfectly comfortable thanks Penny....haven't felt any uncomfortability in the least???????  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin...don't know which posting you're preferring too, whatever it was it mustn't have bothered me, and due to the aging process my hide is as tough as Jessy the elephant ....so not a lot worries me anyhoooo..
I always get a giggle out of all your postings...
hugs,
Denise

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Ditto, I'm comfortable too.   :lol:
and I don't know which one was it... but I hope you don't feel down .:hug:
Here is my kiss, kiss, kiss,kiss, hugs,hugs,hugs!!
   == umm ba ! umm ba ! umm ba! tickle tickle tickle ! ==
Did you feel it ?? he he  :whistle:

Hi Denise, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new avatar ! so adorable !  :love:

Hugs/Marie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I'm quite comfortable, thankyou. A bit bog-eyed from not waking up properly yet, but otherwise ok  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Seriously, I completely missed whatever post you're referring to but can't imagine you deliberately offending anyone, Penny, so no need for any apology as far as I'm concerned... :hug: :hug: :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I'm very comfortable thank you Miss Penny. I can't think what they were refering to but I think I read all of your lastest posting and I'm not offended.

Jane.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Pen Pen...if everyone was able to cope with being pulled up and just 'get on with it ' as well and as humbly as you just did, the world would be a better place. :hug:
I think it's great that you can just be yourself in here...but it's inevitable that some people will be offended by some things that others wouldn't bat an eyelid at.
The fact that you apologised and are ready to get on with 'it' makes you a model Teddy Talker in my eyes and I hope others will take a leaf from your book if ever the need arises.
It's amazing how much can happen around here when one is absent for a few hours!
Love ya! bear_grin :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

who was that...? I'm so comfortable I fell asleep. No problems Penny. I'm still waiting for the joints to finish your bear, so I will get comfy and spring into action when they arrive. bear_rolleyes

Densteds Densteds
Website
Marie_ wrote:

Ditto, I'm comfortable too.   :lol:
and I don't know which one was it... but I hope you don't feel down .:hug:
Here is my kiss, kiss, kiss,kiss, hugs,hugs,hugs!!
   == umm ba ! umm ba ! umm ba! tickle tickle tickle ! ==
Did you feel it ?? he he  :whistle:

Hi Denise, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new avatar ! so adorable !  :love:

Hugs/Marie

Thank you Marie, Hayley made it for me, isn't she clever?? I love it toooooo!!!!
hugs
Denise.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am ok.... very rarely does something that someone says bother me... but you penny, never have said anything that would even come close to offending me....

:hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I'm feeling quite comfy myself ! Maybe I missed something, but  I don't recall reading anything offensive from you Penny !   :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hayley,
Very well said.  :clap:  :clap:

It does take a bigger person to accept a bit of constructive criticism, be sensitive to others, apologize and move on. Way to go, Penny!

There are a LOT and I mean a LOT of TT members out here now, male and female, from all walks of life, ages, beliefs, etc. and we do need to be sensitive to that. Especially with jokes. Jokes tend to make fun of someone, be it a stereotype, male or female, etc. and with the great number of members here, odds are that someone will take it personally. Some may have tough skin but most are also sensitive. Would we love teddy bears so much otherwise?

Personally, I think it's our compassion and respect for eachother that makes us such a great bunch of people and I'm happy to 'know' you all!!  bear_wub  :)

Big Hugs,
Daphne
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, I didn't sleep very well. My daughter woke me up in the middle of the night, then I had two 65 lb. dogs in my bed slobbering all over me way too early this morning, but I'm sure I'll get in my comfort zone soon. I appreciate you asking though.  :lol:

Oh, wait...uncomfortable with something you did? Nope!

Penny, I am always laughing and giggling at your posts. You're such a clever gal! I can't understand why someone would get upset, however it was very big of you to apologize even though you didn't intend to offend anyone.  :hug:

Sandi

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Well you have never offended me, Made me laugh til I pee'd bear_grin bear_grin
Such a funny gal.  :P
Kathy

Deb Upstate New York

I agree whole-heartedly with Hayley and Daphne.  I work with a great bunch of people and we have some seriously open lines, and it makes for the best working conditions, and great friendships.  It's far better to speak up if you're offended or have an opinion (in a nice way of course), than to simmer and risk blowing up and ruining a relationship. 

We share openly, and accept what is said graciously as Penny has done and move on.  I'm never surprised when, if I get a deserved or needed jab, I learn just a wee bit more about being sensitive than I knew before.  It's kinda cool really, if you're of an open-mind. 

Penny, I wouldn't fret or be paranoid if I were you.  Your humor is infectious and I look forward to your posts.

:hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Im very comfy!!!  Didn't read anything that was offensive from anyone including you Penny. bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower :clap: :hug: Good for you, Penny!!  :hug: :clap: bear_flower

I ditto all the above! I really look forward to your posts, both the funnyones and the instructive ones. It's hard to imagine someone getting all hissy over anything you've said, and I don't think I've missed any of it. 

bear_thumb I really admire you for coming out into the fresh air an sunshine with this!!  bear_thumb

We're all different, we've all got different sensitivities (mine's somewhere between a rhino's and an armadillo's, but I have the advantages of advanced age and surviving 3 adolescent daughters). We owe one another the benefit of the doubt, if a problem arises. I think we've been very good about avoiding potentially divisive political and religious topics, not because there's anything wrong with one side or the other, but because we all know that people tend to get excited about these topics, and disputes arise too quickly.

I appreciate the willingness of our Dear Help Advisors to step in when feelings are hurt and somebody needs a mediator, but this is different. I'm afraid I don't see the point of deleting a post just because someone doesn't like it, or thinks it might offend someone else. I would rather see the Help Advisors join a thread that seems to be getting touchy, whether they notice themselves, or get a heads-up from a participant, and then publically smooth the waters.

Or maybe our Help Advisors could post a set of No Uncertain Terms. I'm willing to behave myself, up to a point, but I like to know where the fence is. I'd hate to see TT turn into a sour-pussed, party-pooping forum for people who enjoy disapproving of other people. We can be serious about our art and have fun at the same time. Actually the thought of a solemn forum for Arctophiles and Artists doesn't sound too appealing.

I remember that when one participant dissed Judi, the outcry was deafening. But except for some supportive private emails to Judi, this issue was apparently public. I think it's important to keep these things in the open as much as we can. I'd like to know when I offend someone, but I'd also like to have the opportunity to make amends in public, as Penny has.

Eileen

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Hi Penny,

well, I guess I missed the post, or it didn't bother me in the least.  I like reading your posts Penny, they usually brighten my day.  So, not offended here either!  bear_grin  :hug:
Susan

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think it is how things are said and it is often times hard to tell what someone actually means by email and posting.... When I get upset from something that someone has said or typed to me, it isnt WHAT was said but HOW they said it.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Very true, Kim!

A question can sound like a challenge. A formal style can sound cold and critical. An offhand style can sound dismissive or worse, if someone takes a topic seriously. What would we do without our smilies???

Eileen

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I have never been offende by anything I have read on this site, so I i read your post it certainly didnt make me uncomfortable. The person who keeps creeping in at night and shrinking all my clothes does a good job making me uncomfortable so the jobs taken  :doh:

Deb Upstate New York

Estelle ~

Shrinking your clothes?  Like a gremlin?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO!  I have gremlins, they steal one sock! LOL I have soooo many socks that are missing a pal!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Kim, I totally agree....and I think that's when the 'offendee' has to realise that the lack of mannerisms can put a whole new slant on something that was never meant to be offensive. Then there are cultural differances of course - something said in one place may be totally harmless but said in another may be the most hurtful thing in the world!

Ha! It's all these differences that make life interesting, don't you think?! And for me it's only the intent that really matters.

Penny, are you there? Are you ok?  bear_original

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

So far, i haven't been offended by any post...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh you naughty Penny!  I don't know what you said but I have noticed there are quite a few sensitive souls out there lately.  It was awfully nice of you to apologize and pull the offending note though......whatever it was about. 

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer