Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Blimey I'm Bored!  :wacko:

There's nothing on the telly - i'm all on my own (Mr.Health & Efficiency is at the gym - idiot), i don't have anything to do - can't sew at night as it makes me go all boggle eyed, so what can i do?

What do you girls do to relieve the boredom of the long dark winters evenings - please don't suggest going out jogging as it's freezing cold outside and i don't look good in trackies even in the dark.

There must be something i can do(housework is not an option)............learn to play the violin...............learn another language.............play patience................twiddle me thumbs.................EAT CHOCCY...............ho hum..............

help me, i'm going stir crazy here  :wacko:

Penny  :whistle:

100x35_01.gif

just fiddling around................

Deb Upstate New York

Make Matilda's cake!
Take pictures.
Post.

:hug:

You forgot to add 'Eat' at the end of the list Deb  :P

Can't make cake i'm afraid - no goodies in the house to make it with.........sigh

Maybe i should try cutting my hair...........it's getting a bit long and i can't be bothered to book an appointment with the local hairdresser. Is it worth the risk? I always used to cut the kids hair when they were little lads although i can't be sure that a pudding bowl hairstylie would do me any favours!
: :rolleyes:

ho hum...........boring boring wintertime

Penny bear_whistle

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Don't do it Penny! You know what'll happen...one side will look longer than the other so you'll trim it up a bit...then the other will look longer still....and before you know where you are you've given yourself a puddin' basin hair cut!!! Eeeek!

There's always 'What not to wear' on the telly, which is usually good for a giggle... bear_cool

Deb Upstate New York

I know, why don't ya remove those glasses and that mustache from your piccie (am I close?) and post it back to the user photo gallery.

Play solitaire.

Shop Intercal.

Put in a Walt Disney movie (I like Polyanna and The Great Mouse Detective).

Call the servants all in for a tea party.

Make list of chores to do some other day.

Read.

Eat.

Sleep.

Gosh Pen ... I'm plum out of ideas now.

P.S.  I've cut my hair before.  Cool thing about hair is ... it grows.  I'm not sure I'd use a BOWL though.  If you decide to cut your hair ... think TRIM and tiny amounts ... so that the trained professionals have something to work with when you have to turn to them for help in a couple weeks!

OOOOOOOH Skinny and Pianna are on!

How did i miss that?

Off to watch it - be back soon

Penny bear_tongue

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I cut my hair once when I was drunk. I'd been on a course on how to do all those fancy techniques and went out on the town with a bunch of hairdressers and got pretty tanked up. When I got back to my hotel room I thought..( as you do)...'right I'm gonna try out some of those techniques...on myself"...

I got few sideways glances at breakfast.........

I do cut my hair now and then...but no fancy techniques...I save them for the unsuspecting victim in the chair!!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

That's soooo funny Jenny! The things we do with a glass (or two!) of alcohol inside us! I hope your new hair-do grew out quickly... bear_grin

Pipa UK

Oh Penny i don't know when i'm bored i normally play Hearts online in the zone hehe

BTW - i'm waiting on a delivery (from my aunt) for a box of 200 choocolate frogs.........  bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York

Now .............. is that 200 chocolate COVERED frogs, or 200 chocolates shaped like frogs?

Pipa UK

heehee  chocolate shaped frogs ;)
a whole 200 of them.. just for me.. they are about 2 inches tsll and an inch wide and they are pure solid chocolate.... delicious ......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love you guys... always good for a whole-hearted chuckle at the least!

Ah, the days of cutting my own hair... what am I talking about? That is my plan for tomorrow! I have a big show this weekend and don't have time to go to the hair dressers. I'm trying to let it grow so getting it done professionally will set me back two months! Jenny, why do SOME hair dressers think a 'trim' or 'just the ends' means 2 inches??????? Anyway.... I'm a pro at bangs!  :lol:

What to do on a boring night.... 

Clean out that closet that you can't even open the door to without risk of bodily injury!

Go through photo albums.

Call an old friend.

Rearrange the furniture. (That's my favorite thing!!! Hubby is always in for it when he goes away for an over night as the house never looks the same!)

Clean out the fridge. DON'T even think about doing the oven though!

We'll be asking this a lot as the long dark days of winter have only just begun! SIGH!

:hug: Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lucky girl, Pipa . . . 200 chocolate frogs!!

Pipa UK

hehe gotta love this.  i don't know about anyone else but i sure own a few closet's like this ;)

Daphne wrote:

Clean out that closet that you can't even open the door to without risk of bodily injury!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Penny and all you others who use dark evenings as an excuse not to work on your bears. Get yourself an OTT LITE!! They aren't cheap they are worth their weight in gold! I used to avoid working on my bears in the evenings due to lack of good lighting too...but with my OTT LITE....I can see every stitch...even on darker bears.

I would kill for some time alone in the evenings to work on my bears...my biggest enemy is tiredness. bear_noexpression

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love my Ott Lite too, Hayley!
My Studio is north facing and living amid the trees has it's downfall.... darkness in broad day light! So I use it ALL the time!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh dear, I so seldom get bored.  One of the advantages to having supplies for doing so many things.....but if I were to get bored I would nair my legs.....it's been way way way too long.

I guess next I would tackle Benbar.  I brought him out to the living room so I would feel guilty about not finishing him and get busy.

PenPen, are you totally caught up here?  That's step one for me always....try to get caught up!

Never seems to happen.....

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu wrote:

I were to get bored I would nair my legs.....it's been way way way too long.

HAHAHAHAHA!  bear_grin bear_tongue bear_grin

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

There are several things I would love to have the time to do.

Organize all the recipes I have collected through the years and type them in Word and make my own cookbook

Organize all the family photos and put in albums

Make photo albums for the grandchildren so they have a record of the good times with grandma and grandpa

Learn how to use HTML and make my own website

Play with my camera and learn more than I now know about it

Make my own Christmas Cards and get that list started NOW!

Play with my Photoshop Elements and learn everything there is about it

Do the bear bookkeeping which is way, way past due and tax time is coming

Make at least one of the bears I have floating around in my head, from start to finish without any interruptions like, "what's for supper?" .... "The phone is ringing, can you get that?" .... Time to go to work, ugh! .... "we need groceries" .... "I can't find any clean socks" .... "where's my drill?" ..... (Yeah, Like I used it to bake a cake) ... "help me get the goats back in" ... or "help pen these dumb guineas" ....

I can probably think of more, but have to go fold laundry now .... need those socks!!!

Hugs,

Wanda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Play spider solitaire, Penny!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Penny,
I did learned Violin about 3years ago for 1.5years(every week) and it is very fun to pray
but I think if you pray at night, you will wake up everyones in your neighborhood !!  :P

When I get board at home...
1) I talk to my bears..... they respond to me only when they feel like it. :whistle:
2) Study .....HTML, PHOTO PROGRAM, that thing I really need a time to understand. 
3) Draw....... I love drawing with color pencil...
4) Make a schedule for my self....what to do , when, with who thing.
5) Knitting..... I can Knit scarf & hat only do.
6) eat a chocolate !!!  :lol:

Jenny wrote:

I cut my hair once when I was drunk. I'd been on a course on how to do all those fancy techniques and went out on the town with a bunch of hairdressers and got pretty tanked up. When I got back to my hotel room I thought..( as you do)...'right I'm gonna try out some of those techniques...on myself"...

Jenny, you are so cute !!  bear_flower

Hugs/Marie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Marie, i absolutely adore you!!

Marie said

I talk to my bears..... they respond to me only when they feel like it.

Dilu

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Marie you little darlin' you!   

but I think if you pray at night, you will wake up everyones in your neighborhood

Heavy going there with your prayers, I think you mean Play not pray...you're so precious!  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Jane   bear_original

Well, i made it through the evening without doing too much damage to my barnet - i only trimmed the fringe - I CAN SEE AGAIN!!!!!!!! That's better, i think! It looks great if i hold my head to one side.
bear_wacko
What's an OTT Lite? Over The Top Lite or Off The Table Lite or Old Timer Tries Lite? Let me know i'm intrigued.

ooooooooh, don't like the sound of Spider Solitaire Sue Ann  bear_shocked One solitary spider is enough to send me climbing up the curtains so i don't think i'd like to PLAY with one!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie - you are so so sweet. Your bears are very lucky to have such a lovely mummy like you  :hug:

HA HA HA Jenny - cutting your hair when drunk is soooooo not a good idea, but a great laugh (for us anyway)
:lol:

I've done quite a lot of html work lately so i'm laying off it a bit at the moment - it makes my eyes go all funny and it drives me nuts when i miss out a teeny weeny dot or dash and i have to through the work to find where the bloomin heck it should be or should'nt ! Working with html is great though, you can do a lot with it.

Photoshop eh? Wanda. I have bought the thing but lose the will to live after about 20 minutes working with it as there are sooooo many steps you have to go through to get anywhere - did i mention i have NO patience? Why do all applications have to be so long and boring? Why can't i just take superb photos and be done with it? What did people do before digital came along, how did they manage to produce great pics? Oh Well, i'll persevere with the thing but only in short bursts.
bear_wacko  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue

bear_shocked NO WAY am i cleaning out my closets - scary places closets! bear_shocked

PIPA - you can't be getting MORE chocolate frogs!!!!!! Surely you have'nt got through the last lot already?????? You little piggly wiggly you - and where's my share? I'm hopping mad (frogs, hopping geddit?) he he he

I eventually ended up going to bed early, sleeping like a log all night and waking up at an obcenely early hour this morning - had to get up and make coffee which meant there was absolutely no chance of me going back to bed for another hour or so (drink coffee girls - do stupid things faster ha ha) and ended up reading yesterdays paper because todays one had'nt arrived yet - well, at 5 am it would'nt have -  my paper boy was still dreaming the dreams of innocent youth at that time of the day bless him (or her, never seen 'em to be honest but the annual Christmas tip always disappears so i presume the kid does exist).

I shall try to do better today folks - no boredom no surrender!!!!!!  bear_thumb

PenPen  bear_tongue  :hug:  bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

gotobedbears wrote:

Photoshop eh? Wanda. I have bought the thing but lose the will to live after about 20 minutes working with it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!   bear_tongue bear_grin bear_tongue

Board footer