Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Deb Upstate New York

Cheesecake Cupcakes

Ingredients for Cheesecake
3 Packages (8 Ounce) Cream Cheese
5 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Blend cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Bake in foil cupcake liners at 300 for 40 minutes.

Ingredients for Topping
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Jelly

Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla.  Place in indent on top of baked cupcakes.  Add spoonful of jelly.  Return to 300 oven for 5 minutes.

Yield: 1 Dozen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow Deb, thank you for new recipe.  :hug:
My hubby loves Cheesecake ~ !!! and I never made one but
I want to make that Cheesecake Cupcakes.  bear_wub  bear_wub
only.... I wish you can come over to my home and teach me about
baking.  bear_laugh bear_grin bear_laugh

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Ummm,they sound delicious but where's the chocolate???? Oh,never mind,I see it,it's hidden under my bed  :redface:  :redface:  YUM  ! bear_wub bear_wub

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hey Shari!
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a secret stash!!
I remember telling my mom that it is pretty sad when I have to sneek a candy bar into the bathroom without my kids big sad cow eyes  bear_cry looking up at me trying to make me feel guilty. But of course it always worked  bear_wacko

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

mmmm...cheesecake!
This is my all-time favorite. And my fiancee's. In fact, he just asked me yesterday to make one. Except I was too lazy to go to the store for missing ingredients.  :lol:

I have something to tell you all but I'm scared.  bear_cry I so enjoy this forum but I think you all might decide to kick me out if I tell.  :(

Okay, here goes (me being brave right now)...

I don't like chocolate.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

kid-surprised.jpgWhat?????!!!!!?????

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Shelli!  That babies face and your exclamation after Sandi's post is priceless!!  :)

Warmest hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

My dear Sandi,
How does one NOT like chocolate?  Surely there must be some mistake!  Have you tried milk chocolate (not my personal favorite), dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate with raspberry, chocolate covered cherries, grand marnier truffles, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge sauce, chocolate ice cream, hot chocolate...........????  Nothing, huh?  You poor dear!

Has anyone tried the chocolates from Target?  You know the one's......they're advertising Choxie like mad here on the west coast.  They're yummy, yummy, good!  The bears ate a whole box of them today!  heehee

Sticky chocolate fingers typing,  :)
Aleta

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

that's ok Sandi - that just means all the more chocolate for everyone else on the forum!!  So really, you could say you are merely helping everyone else here!!!   bear_laugh

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sandie you're a brave girl admitting to that one here on teddy Talk...don't worry my friend we will see you get the counseling that you obviously need!  bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes bear_rolleyes

Have you ever tried Cadbury's chocolate.........YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't like Cadbury's chocolate then there is NO hope for you in the chocky world.  :wacko:

Shelli Just love that picture!

Jane  bear_flower

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hey Shelli,love the picture ,looks like my neice  bear_grin  bear_grin

Sandi,when the girls try and send you chocolate to help you reform...just send it to me,I won't tell them hee,hee  bear_rolleyes

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Sandi - i am soooooo glad that you don't like choccy.....

...no fat bum for you girl and we get to eat your share - well, Pipa does anyway. Have you heard about her 200 chocolate frogs??????

Penny  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_thumb  bear_wub

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))TA(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))(((((((((((((((WILL ENJOY THIS)((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
                                                                      :hug:  :cake: :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

images.jpgI don't like Cadbury chocolate! French chocolate is much tasty (sorry to disappoint you about that). We've got lots of choice there: Nestlé, Poulain... I love too Swiss cholcolate Lindt. Of course, Belgian chocolate is definitely the best ever...
The Cadbury chocolate i have tried in England had far too much sugar  :(...
Impossible to find good chocolate when I was in England. They did not even had my favourite chocolate powder "Poulain Grand Arome" I drink every morning with my milk. So i had to bring it from France.

Almost all the chocolate powders I found in England were already containing some powdery milk and always too much sugar. They had Nesquick but this was not my favourite (again too much sugar). Not any good enough. So disappointing.  :mad:

Out of food, I loved England...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yummy, thanks for the recipe Deb  bear_thumb

Deb Upstate New York

Shari ~

I thought I saw a recipe for brownie bottom cheesecake squares at www.msn.com the other day.  Check there ... that's where the chocolate is I think!
  bear_thumb

I made a brownie bottom cheesecake once. Everyone else loved it, but I just stuck with the plain one.

Okay, I do like chocolate ice cream. Actually I really like that. And if I make choc. chip cookies I can eat one. My fiancee loves chocolate. He's always making me try stuff.  He's from Europe so he doesn't like hersheys and things here in US, but whenever his mom comes she brings a whole grocery bag full of chocolate bars and candies and cookies. He'll eat that stuff for breakfast. But I don't like any of the "good chocolate" (as he calls it) either.

I don't know what's wrong with me.  bear_sad

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Ooooh Deb, thankyou!  :dance: :hug:
Hubby will wonder what's happening to me....I'm sure it's the cold weather and dark nights....I feel compelled to stuff calories down me! I will definitely be trying these cheesecake cupcakes sometime soon, and will keep you posted.

Sandi, don't worry, you're not alone. My brother-in-law detests chocolate. In fact he doesn't have a sweet tooth at all. It's a strange concept to me...but it leaves more for the rest of us!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Sophie, most of our chocolate powder in the UK has milk powder and sugar added. It's called drinking powder, whereas 'cocoa' has the better chocolate content and is what i usually buy for baking etc. Maybe that still not chocolate-y enough though. I have seen the higher chocolate content powder on sale in our local supermarket, so there is surely demand for it! Yum yum!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Sandi, we cannot all have the same tastes!!! 
Talking about chocolates things, I have just prepared some chocolate porridge with some oats I have just bought at the bio cooperative. Of course I added my favourite chocolate powder. It looks yummy but I have to wait a moment to have it a little less hot!!! Yesterday evening, my sweetheart had for dessert a huge bowl of chocolate porridge (he used almost 1 L of milk!!!). So he finished our stock of oats...  bear_tongue  :(.
Actually, I do prefer replacing oats with wheat semolina... and I often add a bit of vanilla flavour.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: Very kind of you girls to give recipes!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Finally, oats are as tasty as wheat semolina when they are good quality! My porridge is delicious! Maybe i should hide it to get sure my sweetheart won't finish it before I have time to eat more  :P!!!
Yummy yummy!

Well, i should be careful, though, not to take back the weigh I managed to loose these last months... but has anyone ever said that chocolate or porridge could be bad for our health  bear_innocent bear_innocent bear_innocent? I don't think so. Good food cannot be bad for us, as true as good is the contrary of bad  bear_cool bear_cool bear_cool.

So let's eat MORE CHOCOLATE (well, sandi, there must be something you must like at least as much as we are crazy about chocolate!)! Why should we feel guilty after all. I was hungry, so I hate chocolate porridge...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pipa UK
Sandi.S. wrote:

I don't like chocolate.

:doh:

hehehe

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sandi . . . really - it's okay and we still love you!  But think you're mad as a hatter!!  No, not really - just - ummm - different . . . well, no - ummm - well - shoot, what's wrong with you, girl???!!!  I'm kidding!  My sister isn't a chocoholic either . . . I think they must have switched her in the delivery room! 

Aleta . . . I have discovered Choxie at Target and can't get enough of that heavenly stuff!  I am a confessed chocolate sneaker/hider . . . I gave my hubster one plastic container of Choxie espresso beans and myself three containers (all with dark chocolate) and didn't share with him.  (I don't like coffee, so didn't need to have any of his.)  Mine were the peppermint shortbread, cinnamon, and raspberry . . . soooooo yummy!

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I like chocolate, but can't eat it right now..... Anything too sweet makes my stomach hurt. My sweetest thing I eat now is apples. I'm hoping after the baby, I will be able to eat the yummy chocolate!!!

Oh, that's too bad Kirsten. I always drink a big 'ol glass of milk first thing in the morning, but after I got pregnant I got the most horrible stomach pains if I drank it before any food. Even three years later, I still have trouble with it. Darn kids!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Sophie - European chocolate is the best....I love Lindt too especially the balls with the wonderfully melty middles...mmm I want one right now!  Ooh and those Belgian chocolates um Cote D'or (yes I know its a place but is it also a type of chocolate??) are soo fantastic. In my home city, we have a wonderful chocolate shop owned by a Belgian family.  The father used to be the choclatier to the Belgian King and they make the most fantastic handmade artisan chocolates.  Luckily the fancy department store here has a choclate shop and you can buy them but ouch they hurt the pocket.  My favourite is one that has a freeze-dried blackberry enrobed in a rich chocolate shell.  YUM!

Cadbury's is different wherever you go in the world - you are totally right - European Cadbury's has a high milk powder content, and it has a "rough" feel on the palatte - by contrast European chocolate is much more refined and has a "smooth" feel on the palatte.  Even between Australia and New Zealand Cadbury's have totally different flavours...and we have completely different flavours to the UK.

I will forego the chocolate porridge - yeugh porridge - I had to eat it every day for the first 13 years of my life and along with margarine consider it to be the most evil food on the face of the earth!!  Every couple of years I buy some and try and eat it cos I know its good for me but I have come to the conclusion that porridge not for me!

oh and check out this blog if you like candy - even though I cant get half the stuff here I am still compelled to read it!

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/

Board footer