Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

now this is the best thing ever invented...dont even think about calories!!!  It's an adult version of chocolate crackles - couldnt be easier to make and makes a great gift!

Mars Bar Slice

Ingredients
3 Mars Bars
90g butter
3 cups rice bubbles
200g melted chocolate (cooking or normal eating chocolate)

Method
Grease and line slice tin with baking paper
Melt Mars Bars with butter and mix with rice bubbles.
Pour mixture into tin.
Melt chocolate and pour over slice.
Let slice set in a cool place (or the fridge).
Remove slice from tin and cut into pieces.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Malissa, we used to make this as kids - I think Mars promoted the recipe, but I'm not sure (?). I imagine it did the trick and increased their sales of Mars Bars! This recipe is sticky and delicious and perfect for us chocoholics! Thanks for reminding me about it  bear_tongue :lol:

Oh, and by the way, what we refer to as Mars Bars are called Milky Ways in the USA. Which is confusing, because Milky Ways are a quite different confectionary over here... (I wonder why they did that? Use the same name for different chocolates in different parts of the world?!?)

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Mars bars are called Milky ways?  seriously???  huh - I never knew that! We have both here.  Im not a big milky way fan. When I was little, our Mars bars were made in the UK but now we get them from Australia. I love Mars bars but have to say I haven't eaten one in years!  We have a kiwi equivalent called Moro.

In New zealand, English marmite is sold as "our mate".  The English company sold the rights to the marmite name here so can't sell English marmite as marmite.  Apparantly ours is inferior to true British marmite!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Here in Canada, we have Mars bars.
I thought milky way was a totally different thing??

As for the chocolate, I love the stuff, but even as a pastry chef, I never learned to like the 'good' stuff. Guess it's milk chocolate for me!

Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

All right- I have to wade into the chocolate soup here:

Sophie IS right French choco is pretty darn good- better than almost anything found in American grocery stores......there's an awful lot of wax in Brachs  yuck it is not allowed in this house

However, Sophie overlooked German ( excellent ) and Austrian, and Italian , Mozart Kugelin are to die for, Peruggia,  wonderful,  and a little known German RITTER SPORT is wonderful-if they still exist.

Gosh I wish we had a German Beary sis or bro here.....

Ritter Sport uses whole hazelnuts in one of their concoctions-- yummmmm

It's been what?  30 years and I still miss it?

Toberlone is good for every day fun

Lindt needs to be savored

and Nutella is a staple of life.

When the Israelites traipsed through the desert for a million and a half years and they were served "manna"  it must have been chocolate flavored....how else could they eat that and nothing else for so long.....Our dear Sophie would have been in big trouble.....oh dear.......

Just a silly thought on a long ago remembered Bible story....

:hug: :hug:

:P

Sandi, I still love ya even if you don't like chocolate.....maybe you like brussel sprouts?  I'll trade you!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

My fiancee is from Poland so our cabinets are stocked with Polish chocolate which, of course, he will say is the best. Most of it is from E. Wedel and I think there is also a company called Wawel that he likes too.

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Dilu - look at this....in the second post she bought her Ritter Sport in the US - ok probably a million miles from you but it is out there!!  Our supermarkets are chocka full of European chocolate at the moment because of Christmas...I'm trying not to look - puts a strain on the waistband and the purse!!

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/category/germany/

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Yum yum - I love Ritter chocolate too...

Yoooohoooo, Diluuuuu....not wanting to put temptation in your path or anything, but have you seen this???
http://www.germandeli.com/rittersport.html

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Tonight, we are eating waffles. Yummy yummy. Have to wait one hour to leave the mixture (?) rest.  We have some Nutella and sugar waiting to accomodate them. chocolate powder too is great, honey too....

bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu, Simone is from Germany . . .

Pipa UK

Hah i just spotted this post hehe. my choccie frogs have not arrived yet!!  bear_cry i fear iam going into withdrawls which is why i am missing some posts here and there.... !!  :wacko:

gotobedbears wrote:

Sandi - i am soooooo glad that you don't like choccy.....

...no fat bum for you girl and we get to eat your share - well, Pipa does anyway. Have you heard about her 200 chocolate frogs??????

Penny  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_thumb  :love:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Melissa, you brought tears to my eyes,  Ritter Sport was the last thing I loved in Germany that I hadn't been able to get here, and then Helena gives me a web site to order from......YumYikes!!!

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The last thing I had to search out was Strohs Rum....tastes like butterscotch on a binge.....I use it for cooking.

Actually too strong for drinking- but it bakes up wonderfully

Pipa- I am sorry the froggies aren't there yet.....soon soon.......

Oh Sophie!  I know if I suggested this dinner my honey would think he had died and gone to heaven.......It does sound so good......

I am thinking as a surprise for Christmas morning.....since he already opened his main gift.... bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

We are bad that way.....

Simone, we are calling you, darling Madchen, where are you.....come join the decadent chocotarians and chocoholics as we wallow in syber calories, while waiting for e-orders to come through!!

:hug: to all

Dilu

PS  no Umlat- sorry

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

tee hee Dilu - sounds like you'll be in chocolate heaven then!

I saw mozart kugelin in the shop the other day - I buy them for my friend who misses them from Germany - I don't think I've ever tried one though
:(

I think I must treat myself to some Lindt balls this week.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yum Melissa, the Mars Bar Slice, I have had this before, thanks for the recipe.  bear_wub

Pipa UK
Dilu wrote:

Pipa- I am sorry the froggies aren't there yet.....soon soon.......

Dilu

PS  no Umlat- sorry

i sure hope so Dilu !!  bear_grin maybe if i have any left over after Christmas i can take some to that good Dr  (i gotta go back and see him in January) who kindly gave me the most painful ever injection and share them with him..

but then again... maybe not.. i seriously doubt i will have any left a week after they arrive, i'm going to have to take a photograph of them now when they arrive and show you all LOL!!!!  bear_smile

Board footer