Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I got two emails from too different people at the same time, one said hello ebay member could you tell me more about your bear on ebay,The another one said what is the lowest price you will go . so i went to ebay to have a look at my messages, and no messages in there so i pressed delete ,do you think i done the right thing .You see i put my email address in there but i was to scared to reply so i have taken my email out .

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no, I'm sorry Fran , I can't tell you if that was fake e-mail or not but how scary is that !?  :(
Maybe they saw your e-mail address in your website ? 
If I was you, I'm glad to tell them more about my bears on eBay(such as more details or
our work) but I don't think I will tell them how lower the price I can sell....    bear_wacko

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Fran...you probably did the right thing to just be safe.  If they are truly interested in your beautiful bears they will go through the proper channels and email you through ebay as they should.  Don't let Ebay scare you...it's that ALL bad.

You can always play dumb and pretend like it's the first time you've heard from them... bear_whistle  bear_whistle

And...I wouldn't answer the last question anyway...it's kinda rude...or just tell them some outrageous price and see what they say... :):)

Shantell

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fran, they are more than likely fake emails, I have also received a few emails from other members of ebay the last few days, I have not used ebay in months to buy or sell anything. One message was offering a buy it now on an item I am selling, which I am not.   Another two emails stating I am the second highest bidder and offering a chance to buy.

When the message says

hello ebay member

its more than likely a fake.

If you are not sure forward your emails to spoof@ebay.com to deal with them.  I would not respond to them.

Deb Upstate New York

Fran ~

Don't be scared of Ebay.  Just be aware of the idiots out there sending spoof emails.  For all the quirks, Ebay is really still a pretty cool thing.
:hug:

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi Fran,
Sounds like the ebay "spoofers" have found you too. I receive probably 3-5 of these a day. If you have paypal, you will probably be getting fake e-mails telling you to update your paypal info too. Do not fall for it! They never as you to do anything like this. If you think that it is a legitimate letter you can always forward it to: spoof@ebay.com   first and they will tell you right away if it was from them or not.
It's a frightning thing at first but you begin to recognize the fake ones after awhile.
Best of luck.  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Fran,
If you include your email in your listing, chances are someone wants to contact you outside of ebay.  The best thing you can do is NOT include your email.  If someone wants to contatc you they can send you a message right from your auction site.

If you have a complete description you shouldn't need additional information...but it may still be a good idea to tell them more...they may be very interested in bidding...and want to hear more from you, especially if you are new to ebay and have not built up a positive reputation yet.

I would not compromise your auction by offering a lower price.  Wait until the when many bidders wait to place a bid.  If your bear does not sell, then you can always consider a lower price.

I would make all communications go through ebay.  EBay really is a very good organization. They aslo try very hard to make thing legitimate and safe.  The bad thing is that hackers and no-goods want a piece of the action.  Just be aware.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would get rid of your email on your listings... Ebay will protect you from lots of things but if you contact them outside of ebay, you run a risk.... I dont email any buyer outside of ebay unless they are a regular customer...

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

You are all right i have taken my email address out and if they need me then can go through ebay. right thanks to all of you lovely lady

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh, I will take out my e-mail address from next auction too!

However I had my e-mail address in auction page but
No one, No one contacted me.   bear_cry  :doh: hee hee

Hugs/Marie

Board footer