Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

baby-bear8a.jpgbaby-bear7a.jpgbaby-bear3a.jpgHi Everyone!

I've been gone for a while (haven't been feeling too well) but I certainly missed everyone! :hug:javascript:insert_text('%20:hug:',%20''); The board has so much new to read and see.... you've all been very busy little bees.

I thought I would share the only thing I' been able to produce in several weeks time - Baby Bear and her bunny, Thimble Tea.  I'd so much like to hear what you think!!!!  Any suggestions?  I've considered adding some very tiny barely there claws to her hands and feet but can't make up my mind.  I can't seem to make up my mind about anything lately... thought about listing this pair on Ebay but can't decie about that eitherjavascript:insert_text('%20:redface:',%20'');

They're both made from sparse matted mohair from Intercal.  Baby has five joints; head and arms are wobbles.  The little sweater is knitted from lace weight alpaca and closes with vintage pearl buttons.  Baby is about 6 inches.  She fits perfectly curled up in your hand. ( It was a heck of a job to turn her bent legs!)  The little bunny is about 2.5 inches long and and close to 3 inches tall including her ears.   :redface:

Okay... now I'm going to savor all the beautiful bears you've been making!  Thanks for looking at baby bear!

(((hugs)))

LuLu

P.S.  Special note to Penny.... I swear I did note steal your diaper idea.  I thought I was being so clever... until I saw your darling   Timmy!  You beat me to it!!javascript:insert_text('%20:(',%20'');

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super, incredibly, unbelievably cute, Lulu.

Sorry to hear, though, that you've been under the weather.

Feel better soon!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I echo what Shelli said - sorry to hear you have been sick.   :hug:

Gorgeous duo - they are sooo cute!

Danni

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hope that Teddy Talk helps perk you up!

This duo is cute - never would have guessed they were that small until I read your description.

LOVE that cardigan - I have a ballet sweater half knitted for one of my ballerina girls - and I don't think it'll ever get finished - when people see me knit, they laugh because I am so awkward!  :redface:

I think little claws would be cute...

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Wow!! Cute!! I love thise eyes of a baby bear. bear_thumb bear_grin :love:

Hope you'll feel better very  very  soon!!! :pray: :hug:

Julia

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Welcome back Lulu!  :hug:

What a sweet baby! Claws would be great, and don't worry about Penny's diaper--I'm going to steal it too one day soon!  :lol:

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Lulu - Eileen........

YOU WANT MY DIAPER??????????? I'm not that old yet girls!!!!!  bear_tongue  bear_grin  :D

It is absolutely fine - i think this sort of thing is called zeitgeist or something girls, when a group of individuals get the same idea at the same time although they have'nt conferred about it.

Strange how it works is'nt it?

Lulu, i adore your baby bear and little bunbun. Your style is enchanting, well done!
bear_thumb  bear_flower  :love:

Eileen - can't wait to see YOUR diaper! ha ha ha ha

Penny  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Adorable little one!  She is sweet! 

I tried to make a diaper for my Teddies 4 Charity bear (when I made him back in August).  I couldnt get it to work right, which is why he is "diaperles" LOL

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Lulu !
Oh my my my what a adorable bear you made !  bear_wub bear_wub :clap:

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK
Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh my what a darling, super cute pair.  I just love that baby bear !  Great job Lulu.  I hope you feel better too, sorry to hear you aren't well.   :hug:

Board footer