Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I am off to what I hope to be a big show today.  Back in the spring I had inquired about this show.  It was booked at the time.  About a week ago I was contacted because there was an opening.  I agreed to do the show on such a short notice.  I felt like this was a great opportunity.  This is an art show with only hand made items allowed.  It is the From Our Hands Show held in Columbus.  I am a bit nervous about doing this show.  I don't know what to expect.  I am also a bit down at the time.  On Wednesday my German Shepherd, who has been my shadow for more than six years, suddenly died.  We had no warning.  He had not been sick and the vet is totally baffled by his condition.  An autopsy told very little.  So I have to go to the show with a smile and, while I am there, forget what has happened.  Wish me luck please.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GOOD LUCK, Nina! :)

And lots of hugs.  I lost my beloved cat, Emme, this summer, and even though we had two cats left... and have since rescued two more... there's just no replacing those special friends.  Especially the EXTRA special, best-friend, friends.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

:hug:

Deb Upstate New York

Sounds like a good opportunity!  Hope all goes well at the show.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your shepherd.  They're such beautiful dogs.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

:hug: hugs to you on your loss..... :dance: :hug: dance and hugs to wish you luck on your show. Hope to hear tomorrow that it went well.

Are you near Columbus? My son lives there......
Ellen

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Nina, GOOD LUCK :pray: :angel:

Julia

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

IM000929.JPGThanks everyone.  I realize that some people don't understand grieving over a dog.  But Andre was not just any dog.  He has been  a major part of my life for more than 6 years.  If you asked me to define loyalty, I would have to say "Andre".  He will be greatly missed.  Here's a picture of him.

Ellen - I do live near Columbus.  I am about 50 miles east.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Nina big hugs to you on the loss of your loyal companion , Andre.  I understand grieving for animals, they become such an important part of you and your family.  I know you will miss him terribly.    b007.gif

I hope the show goes really well for you.  Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

So sorry to hear that Millie!   bear_cry   :hug:

Good luck at your show though!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Millie

Good Luck at the Show!

And like everyone else I'm so sorry to hear that you lost you Dog. I too have a Dog who is my very best friend. He's a Corgi and guess what,  his name is "Corgi". When we go some where and some one says "there's a Corgi" he thinks they know his name. It's kind of funny.

Have a Great Day !
Marilyn and Corgi

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I understand you :hug:

I cry even now over my sweet doggie Musya when I look at the picture of her.  bear_cry But she died 12 years ago.  bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry I still remember my best dog ever. If I have another dog someday I'll definatelly pet toy-terrier. Just like my dog was...

HUGGS, Julia

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :pray:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Millie, I am so very sorry to hear about Andre, I do understand how hard it is to loose a dear animal friend.. they really are family to us.  I hope the fair goes well.

BIG hugs,
Catherine

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sorry to hear about andre  :hug: losing a pet is very hard....

Good luck on your show today

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

So sorry to hear about your dog.  :hug: Andre must have been very special. Having pets too I can fully understand how losing one is so hard.

I wish you the greatest success on your show!!!

Kathy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Nina, I'm so sorry about Andre. What a beautiful dog. Pets aren't just animals that we care for, they're part of the family. And grieving for a family member is really tough. So hang in there and remember all the days that you were blessed with his presence.  :hug: Best of luck with your show. I hope it goes well for you.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

How sad to loose a dearest pet!! I am so sorry you lost your dog! Life is so unfair  :cry:!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Good Luck Nina

the Gollies are dancing with the teddies and everyone is cheering that you got in!  Go for it!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:   :dance: :dance:

bear_tongue

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

good luck with the show today .......hope you have a great day

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great luck with the show, Nina and we'll want a report!

I'm so sorry you lost Andre . . . and then not to have a reason for it.  For people who love animals, losing a pet IS very traumatic and sad, and I think most of the members of TT know what you are feeling at this time.  Big hugs to you!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Celena Oxford

Hi Nina

Sorry to hear about Andre,  :hug:

Good luck with the show.

Warm hugs
Celena

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Nina,

I completely understand your deep sadness at losing Andre, it is like losing part of your family,  I'm so very sorry...

I hope you have a successful day at the show, much goodluck!!!!!

great big hugs,  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Denise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww honey,

I am still grieving over our baby, a burmese cat that had a congenital disease that killed him at 4 years old.  This was 5 years ago.  But as much as I love the kids we have now, he really was the best in a 50 year history of cat owning.  It is hard to loose someone you love, be he human or feline or canine or whatever.....it  just hurts.

I am really sorry for you.   :cry:

:hug: :hug: bear_wub  :hug: :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm so sorry about Andre.   bear_cry  I'm sure he was a wonderful boy and I know it must be so tough to lose a family member.   :hug: :hug:  The picture of him is so cute. 

I know the show is probably over by now, but I hope everything went well and the teddies brought you some comfort.   :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Nina,  this place is the BEST - most of us seem to be animal lover, so we know exactly how you feel....   I just want to say I'm very sorry to hear your loss.

Good luck for your show - I'm sure you'll do very very wel!! Sue Ann's right - we want a show report... but we also want loads of photos!!

Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Nina,

Wishing you all the luck for your show - hope it is a great sucess and we look forward to hearing
about it.
So sorry to hear of your beloved Andre,  a lot of us here know it feels to lose a pet and it is very
hard when they have been your best friend and we know how you are feeling at this time.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer