Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

HI Everyone

As promised I have written the article promoting Bid4bears, BearPatch, Bearpile, Etsy, Artfire and Teddy Bears and Critters Australiasia and pointing out some of the problems artists have had with Ebay........I also put in a plug for a few of the forums such as TT.

The mag is still with our layout people but I see no problems with the article staying in this issue .........I'll let you know if for some reason it is delayed but I thought I'd just let you all know because the mag will hit the stands in Australia in early March, around the 6th.

It would be nice if those of you making the push to get collectors and others to notice these sites have a bit of showing there.......of course the mag will then make it overseas to the UK, Sth Africa, US and Europe 2 months later.

I don't think I will be doing much in the following issues to promote the sites as none of them, at this point, have offered to advertise with the mag and I have other editorial obligations to advertisers. So sorry,  I'll have to throw the ball back to you guys to make the other sites attractive to collectors.

I will try and watch how you are going in getting sales and traffic and will help if I can but can't make any promises for more promotion at this point.

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

That sounds great! How can I subscribe to your mag? Vicki

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Hi Sandra
Thank you for going that extra mile for the bear world and its time for ALL to do their bit. So easy to sit back and complain but not do anything about it.

I am wanting to take an advert out in your magazine as I think more teddy bear "people" in South Africa are purchasing and reading this magazine, although more expensive than our so called local Stitches and Bear magazine which is focused more on the craft maker.

Of course our rate of exchange, as those buying from Lou Bear is in your favor, so spending internationally is more expensive for us sitting here in SA.

Wishing you, the magazine, an exciting 2009.

Lynette

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
bearhug07 wrote:

HI Everyone

As promised I have written the article promoting Bid4bears, BearPatch, Bearpile, Etsy, Artfire and Teddy Bears and Critters Australiasia and pointing out some of the problems artists have had with Ebay........I also put in a plug for a few of the forums such as TT.

I don't think I will be doing much in the following issues to promote the sites as none of them, at this point, have offered to advertise with the mag and I have other editorial obligations to advertisers. So sorry,  I'll have to throw the ball back to you guys to make the other sites attractive to collectors.

That was nice of you to put us in the mag Sandra, TBACA is very appreciative...but we did place advertising with you.

Sandi - TBACA Admin

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Sandi

Sorry Sandi I was told that none of the sites supported the article.....in that case you will have follow up editorial on the shows and forums etc etc.....as you know my I will always go the extra for those who support us.

beahugs
Sandra

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website
Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Hi Sandra.  Just a note that one of the other sites to be promoted is actually theteddypatch.com and not Bearpatch as you noted.  Just want to make sure it's right in the article.

Peggy

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Everyone

The magazine went of the printers yesterday and unfortunately we had to drop a number of articles due to three unexpected events....one very sad one....Australia lost a lovely artist in early December due to cancer and I wanted to pay tribute to her....Pauline was not only an exceptional artist but a ggreat advocate for the industry. Two other article also needed to be included for various reasons and we just ran out of room......so this article and two others had to pulled from this issue to be carried forward to the next.......I will let you know which issue it will be in.

Sorry everyone at them time I pt this up it had been allocated pages and laid out and I wanted to give you all time to  get yourselves organised.

karenaus Melbourne
Website
bearhug07 wrote:

Hi Everyone

The magazine went of the printers yesterday and unfortunately we had to drop a number of articles due to three unexpected events....one very sad one....Australia lost a lovely artist in early December due to cancer and I wanted to pay tribute to her....Pauline was not only an exceptional artist but a ggreat advocate for the industry. Two other article also needed to be included for various reasons and we just ran out of room......so this article and two others had to pulled from this issue to be carried forward to the next.......I will let you know which issue it will be in.

Sorry everyone at them time I pt this up it had been allocated pages and laid out and I wanted to give you all time to  get yourselves organised.

Oh Sandra,  it wasn't Pauline Wong was it? I know she's been very sick... I hope not, she is such a lovely lady!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Karen

Yes Pauline Wong lost the battle on Dec 9. I have spoken at length with her husband Casey and we have put togther a two page tribute in the mag of her work. She was in remission and thought she was doing well but it returned and she has no reserves left and the went very quickly..... Oliva Russell barely had time to let any of us know.

It is extemely sad.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Oh dear that's so sad. Pauline was such a lovely lady. I'll treasure the little Wee Paws panda in my collection all the more! A sad, sad loss for our Australian bear community.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Oh Sandra thats terrible, Pauline was always so lovely and happy.. she will be sorely  missed.

Board footer