Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I haven't posted much in the last two days...
I just bought a new Palm Z22 organizer...
I needed something that I could put more information into then my day planner.
This thing is so cool... I can put pictures of my bears, bunnies, and most importantly my niece in it.

I changed my avatar...
This is a picture of my 4~5X great-grandmother Calferna Gilbert.
I would like to have that little teddy bear.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! What a fantastic picture Jared and what a cute granny you have there! Yes that would be awesome to have that very special little teddy bear.  :love:

Jane   bear_original bear_original bear_original

Polo, IL

Yeah...
Well little MaeLynn looks very much like her.
Maybe someday I'll try to re-create that bear.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_thumb What a wonderful picture, Jared! Your great great great great+ grandmother does look very like MaeLynn.

Have you ever researched the little teddy to figure out who the maker might be?

Eileen

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Your granny is beautiful on this photo. She has the sweetesst bear ever!!!  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Oh, by the way, i am very pleased that you have finally put a picture of you in the users' gallery. We can finally know what you look like!!!  :)

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh  Don't be sorry Jared,  as long as you come back here , we are all happy.  bear_flower :teddybear:

Is that your real grand grand grand grand + mother ?? wow !!!  she is very beautiful as child already so
she must be beautiful when she glow up. the bear is so cute too, I wonder where he is now...  bear_tongue  :hug:

Hugs/Maire

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

It just shows how those genes keep going. I once saw a photo of my great great grandmother and my grandad was the spiting image of her. Crikey I wonder what my family will inherit off me when I am long since gone. bear_wacko

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

when was that picture taken?  do you have it labled?

Pipa UK

Congrats on your new buy!! love that pic. old photos are just great. i love them !!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jared, what a gorgeous gorgeous photo.  I hope you have that framed and up on your wall somewhere.

Do you know what ever became of that bear?....oh if they only knew back then how precious these "toys" would become.

My mom had a jointed mohair bear from Germany when she was a child.  She grew up in England.   She wishes she still had it.  They did not have as many toys back then so they really played with and apprecited what they had.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You're kidding!

Having just seen your little niece I thought it was she!  Oh my we are talking good strong genetic lines it seems!  :)

Don't apologize, while we may miss someone when they are gone, we surely are happy when they return.  It is fine.  We are just glad you are part of the family.

Hi to mom for me 

bear_tongue

Polo, IL
Pipa wrote:

Congrats on your new buy!! love that pic. old photos are just great. i love them !!

Pipa dearie,
This is a family photo.

Everyone,
I don't have a date on this photo. I was going to ask my grandmother or there are some cousins that are doing the family's history that I need to ask.
I don't have a clue as to the maker.
Maybe I should submitt the photo to the magazines and see if anyone knows who made the bear.
The photo is from mom's side and most of the family is German, so prehaps the bear is German or an early American bear, after all the family settled in Wisconsin.
Who knows?

Pipa UK
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:
Pipa wrote:

Pipa dearie,
This is a family photo.

Yep i saw ! i meant your buy as in your Palm Z22 organizer...

i love old photos. and i love black & white photos !!  i have a photo album passed down from my fathers side of the family from the 1800's of his family. dcoumenting deaths and births aswell as photographs, it's amazing.. and also scary because they are some of the most ugliest people i have ever saw and to think i'm related to them.. haha !

bear_tongue

Polo, IL
Pipa wrote:
Pipa wrote:

Pipa dearie,
This is a family photo.

Yep i saw ! i meant your buy as in your Palm Z22 organizer...

i love old photos. and i love black & white photos !!  i have a photo album passed down from my fathers side of the family from the 1800's of his family. dcoumenting deaths and births aswell as photographs, it's amazing.. and also scary because they are some of the most ugliest people i have ever saw and to think i'm related to them.. haha !

:P

Opps...
Yeah I really like my new organizer. It is working out great for me.
People at work ask to see what it is that I do and now I can pull up the pictures on the screen and not have to lug around a photo album.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jared,

Congratulations on your new Palm organizer.
I loved your new Avatar,  the photo of your great (4/5) grandmother - very sweet.
Wouldn't it be great if you were able to have that special little Bear.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jared, the photo is outstanding and your great x 5 granny is really a cutie.  To me, the bear looks similar to the very early American Ideal bears.  It's got that triangular head - or at least it appears that it has.  I bet John Paul Port would be able to identify it.

Polo, IL

Yeah I was thinking of sending the picture to him to see if he could identify it.
But I think that you are right Sue Ann.

Pipa UK

Opps...
Yeah I really like my new organizer. It is working out great for me.
People at work ask to see what it is that I do and now I can pull up the pictures on the screen and not have to lug around a photo album.

my ex bought himself an organiser like that, i woke up one night to find him sitting up in bed at 3am fiddling away with it.  bear_rolleyes
That's great you can get photos on it aswell, very handy equipment to have !!!!  bear_thumb

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Jared, it looks like an ideal to me. I am comparing it to the one I saw in Pauline Cockrill's book. Pam O

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LISA . . . . . . where have you been???  We've missed you here on TT.  That's a wonderful hangtag you created, you clever girl!!!  Great to see you posting!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awesome picture! What an adorable little Girl! Lucky you!

Many Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lisa's back!  Yayyyyy........twins woud keep anyone on their toes....

what a beautiful hang tag you made....

Very clever lady you are...

Jared, still grand mom looks like the little one-  how cute, absolutly!

Dilu

Polo, IL

Lisa,
Your grandma was quite the looker...
O love what you did with your tag.
What a nice idea.

Mom used this picture for the convention piece for April '05 in Schaumburg.

Board footer