Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

We are at a minus 22F this morning (about minus 30 C) the 4th day in a row of below 0 temps, another cold one tonight, then a warming trend. Daytime hasn't been above 0. I know there are other places in the US colder,  and presumably, Canada will be colder........................How cold are you?

Pandamac

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

It was -30 c ( yup, MINUS ) here last night....even the schools have been closed for two days!!!!   We also are due for a warm up starting tonight, even now it is -22 c. Which is better?????   Anyway, everyone stay home, make bears, and stay WARM.  Lots of warm hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

freezing.gif
Just got back from driving my daughter to school because it is -34C with the wind chill today. TOOO cold to walk that far.  The car doors were frozen shut for awhile.  It's supposed to be cold all weekend.  I know the folks in Western Canada have been having these  freezing  temps for  a few weeks now.      BRRRR......

On the other extreme..... how HOT  are you teddy talkers in the southern hemisphere ????

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

how's about 42C and very humid with thunderstorms forecast?  Bring on the cold I say  bear_grin

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

While all of you in the upper USA are having COLD brrrrrrrr temps, us in the southwestern part are having record highs.  We are in the upper 70's.  My husband looked at the temp on our back patio yesterday afternoon when the sun was shinning on it and the temp was 94F.  Now that is way to hot for this time of the year.  Everyone in the north stay inside and make bears  bear_happy

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

It was -33-1/2 C this morning....wind chill -40C.  My car very reluctantly turned over and didn't really warm up during the 30 k drive to work!

Marion

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am with Eva,  I can wear shorts today!!! I can brag this time of year, but not in the summer when it is beautiful everywhere, and 115F here.
Joanne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

We may make it up to 0 today!!  Hubby got a new automatic start installed on his truck the day before this cold hit.  Talk about timing!  It even as a feature that starts the car every couple of hours during cold like this so it can start easily in the morning.  Works great!  MY car gets to stay in the garage  bear_whistle

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, it's so cold my dogs won't stay out there long enough to pee!!! It was -19f this morning when I got up. That sounds so warm compared to the temps in Canada.

Me thinks I'll go to Arizona!!! Scottsdale perhaps... do some shopping in all those boutiques.... 75f and sunny there today! Perfect!!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Not all of Canada is that cold! Out here in southern Alberta we've been getting +2 to +5 C temps almost every day for the past two weeks (below freezing at night though usually). When I got up early this morning it was already +3 C and we have forecasts for double digits above for the next 4 days! I'm lovin' it!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

It is warming up here in Colorado, suppose to be in the 50's the rest of the week  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub It is 11 degrees here in New Jersey, but should be 30 by the weekend, I too have an automatic car starter from in the house, best Christmas present I ever got, had it about three years, I guess there are better models now.  Everyone keep warm or south west keep cool or enjoy. Have a great day!

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

52 degrees here in sunny Florida. I live in FL for a reason and it is to avoid the cold while going to work in the morning. This is cold for us! You guys in below zero, to think we were considering moving to New York in a few years!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We here in north central Texas got sideswiped by that intensely cold arctic air.  We had been having record highs in the 80s (F), but this weather event took care of that.  Last night was our coldest in many years . . . we slipped down to 26 F and today won't get out of the 40s.  I don't care for cold weather, so I look forward to our warmup in the 60s this weekend.  Brrrrrr.

FrizzyBear New York

Ellen, I wondered about you this morning living where you do!  We were -7 which is higher than they forecasted (-15).   I don't love it this cold.  bear_wacko  Stay warm everyone!   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

We live near Toronto and we were about -20 and about -25 with the Wind Chill Factor - too cold to stand at a bus stop with a small child!  We got a drive bear_grin   I really don't mind winter but this is a bit cold for me - it's not fun to go outside at all.

hugs,

Brenda

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

I'm near Niagara Falls...it was -17 this morning with a wind chill of -27...just too cold! We usually get a few days of this really cold arctic air around this time of year. When it warms up to near freezing again, it feels warm bear_wacko  I would love to move south and have warm weather all year round! Too cold here!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I got cold just reading this thread!! I'm in Florida too. We are below normal at 58 for a high today. I am sewing with a blanket over me. Even though I grew up somewhat north(Maryland) I know I couldn't take those really cold temps now.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

This is an email I received today.......It is true, cold is in your head!! Enjoy!
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Cold is in your head ---

When the temperature is:

60 above zero:

Floridians turn on the heat.

People in Upstate New York plant gardens.

50 above zero:

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Watertown sunbathe.

40 above zero:

Italian & English cars won't start.

People in Upstate New York drive with the windows down.

32 above zero:

Distilled water freezes.
The water in Saranac Lake gets thicker.

20 above zero:

Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.

People in Upstate New York throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero:

New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Lake Placid have the last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero:

People in Miami all die.

People in Pulaski close the windows.

10 below zero:

Californians fly away to Mexico

People in Upstate New York get out their winter coats.

25 below zero:

Hollywood disintegrates.

The Girl Scouts in Upstate New York are selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero:

Washington DC runs out of hot air.

People in Carthage let the dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero:

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Folks in Potsdam get upset because they can't start the Mini-Van.

460 below zero (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale):

ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Upstate New York start saying..."Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero:

Hell freezes over.

Upstate New York public schools will open 2 hours late

Stay warm/cool whichever you need, and enjoy whatever you have!

pandamac

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  I sort of understand that mentality.  We were at Wal Mart the other day and it was in the 50s (F).  Noticing another couple in the store, I couldn't help remarking to Paul that "Those folks must be from the Northeast".  They had on shorts and t-shirts while I had on a flannel jacket and jeans.

Titusville, FL
Website

We see that all the time here in Florida, SueAnn. We are wearing coats & hats while the "snowbirds" are in tropical shirts and shorts.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Nancy, we have the same here in Arizona.  Snowbirds with shorts and us with a coat on.  We can always tell who are the snowbirds. 

On another note, you said you moved from Maryland to Florida.  That is funny because, my daughter moved from Titusville to Leonardtown Maryland about 8 years ago.  She hated Florida, was there 13 years.  SIL works for Boeing and worked at the cape on the shuttle and is now on another project and is in Iraq right now.

FrizzyBear New York

Ellen, I love it!  And the funny thing is I know where all those places you mentioned are!  We do get cold here, and with Lake Ontario, we get our share of snow, too!  But I know it could be colder.   bear_cool

Titusville, FL
Website

Eva, we love it here in Florida. I really like Titusville although every once in awhile hubby says he would like to move farther south. We like seeing the launches from our front yard. I grew up in Prince George's Cty Maryland, just outside DC.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I can beat all of you with the cold temperature as we with the windchill factored in have had -36C temp for a few days running this week. It is supposed to warm up a little this weekend but with that comes more snow- ARGHHHHHHHHHH. We are leaving for Florida with the 5th wheel next weekend so hopefully it will be warm and sunny when we get there. I have had enough of cold weather and snow for this Winter- get me out of here!!!
Hugs
Gail

Pages:

Board footer