Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

K Pawz Guest

Is there any way to remve someone from your facebook or have their posts invisible?

Situation- my estranged sister is a " friend" on facebook but she posts hugely inappropriate things on her wall which therefore my other friends can see, who are children, collectors and other artists. I really don't want to be associated with the stuff she posts, and since it is her facebook I can't tell her what to post, and it isn't like she would honor the request anyways!
Help????

Hugs
Krista

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Krista, this link should answer your question.  Sorry about you and your sister  bear_sad

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 230AA3VWBV

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sorry Krista... I poked around a little but didn't see if that was possible...

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Krista, you can block someone from seeing your profile on Facebook. Go to Facebook and then at the top of the page you will see 'Settings' click on this and then when the page opens you will see 'Privacy Controls'. To the right of 'Privacy Controls' you will see 'manage' click on this and Block People...This is what it says...

If you block someone, they will not be able to find you in a Facebook search, see your Profile or interact with you through Facebook channels (such as Wall posts, Poke, etc.). Any Facebook ties you currently have with a person you block will be broken (for example, friendship connections, Relationship Status, etc.). Note that blocking someone may not prevent all communications and interactions in third party applications, and does not extend to elsewhere on the Internet.
I hope this helps.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Hey Krista, it's easy just go http://www.facebook.com/friends/?ref=tn   here.. then go to her name.. and where there is the little X beside her name on the right side.. click that and it will ask you if you want to remove her.

Hugs!!
Melanie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Krista, I encountered a similar problem with a "friend" with potty mouth who's posts I didn't appreciate my friends, collectors and family members reading. I was able to delete the posts this person made on my wall and eventually found a way to block them altogether... or I think I actually removed them from my friends list. I just don't recall how I did it as I think it was by sheer luck!! LOL! Looks like the links above will work and that there's more than one way! :dance:

:hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've had to remove potty-mouthed people as well. Don't they realize this is a public forum!

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much everyone!!! It is really embarassing some of the things she is posting! I will see what I can do to remove her from my list!

I am sorry but the kids don't need to see her bent over her car!!

hugs,
Krista

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I'm not on Facebook that much but I wish people would understand just how many people can read their comments.  I happened to be browsing on my daughter's photos and found a comment from our son that was inappropriate and it infuriated hubby and I.  He has a very wacky sense of humour but strangers don't know that!   He was taken to task by both his father and I over it, and he was very embarassed.  We still goad him about it, and I don't think he will ever do it again.  He found out the hard way that "public" really MEANS "public"!

hugs,

Brenda

K Pawz Guest

It Worked! thank you guys! now I and others who chose me as a friend don't have to look at my 40 something sister behaving like an indecent teenager!

hugs,
Krista

Board footer