Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Help!
Paula, or anyone who can answer this, which is probably a really dumb question.  bear_whistle
But I don't understand the In and Out thingys on your 100 Best Bear Artists Blog.  One of them adds up the hits from other's blogs, when it goes through the 100 logo, I think, if I explained that in understandable terms, which I doubt.  The other does...what?  And which does which?
Oh I'm so confused. bear_tongue  But I love the site!

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Laura,
I think I have it figured out: (with Paula's help of course!) the In column registers visitors that have connected to Top 100 from clicking on the Top 100 banner in that persons blog with their own unique link code, the Out column registers where visitors leave through, or who they are visiting while at the site.
So at the moment you can see there are a whole stack of folk coming in through Paula's link  :clap:  :clap: , at the moment it is set up to push those with the most incoming clicks to the top (rewarding those who are advertising it the most), I think Paula mentioned in the other post, that the orders of blog banners can be selected on several basis' , in the future to keep it interesting she'll change the parameters- so there is always something new happening.

Cheers
Mel

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest
cjsmum wrote:

Hi Laura,
I think I have it figured out: (with Paula's help of course!) the In column registers visitors that have connected to Top 100 from clicking on the Top 100 banner in that persons blog with their own unique link code, the Out column registers where visitors leave through, or who they are visiting while at the site.
Cheers
Mel

Thanks, Mel, But But..
When someone visiting my blog clicks on the 100 logo, that has my unique link code attached, it seems to show up in the OUT column.  I've had a few friends try, so I could perhaps figure it out.  When they go from my blog to the 100 blog, via the logo, their visit goes in the OUT column.  I have like 20 OUTs from that function, and maybe 3 IN's. 
I'm not at all complaining, I'm just totally confused.  I have this brain that needs to understand the ins and outs of things. 
Sorry, I was overtaken by the punmeister.   bear_whistle
Am I making even an ounce of sense or just over the top confused?  :wacko:

PS: I'm sure I'm just confused. I just totally confused my hubby, trying to explain my "logic".  bear_whistle

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Laura,
I completely understand what you're saying- but your dilemma has me stumped too!  :doh:  :doh:
Mel

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

As I understand it, at the moment the settings place your listing positions your blog according to hits in from the unique link if you have placed one on your blog.  Hits out to your blog from the 100 site do register, but alter your place in the listings.  When everyone has set up their blog link (using the unique link ID in their registration email) I may change the way the listings work to place you according to hits out from the 100 site, but at the moment I'm trying to encourage all listees to place a link on their blogs, so recording hits in from those blogs seems a sensible thing to do for the time being. The other thing to bear in mind is that the listings only update every 30mins and will only record a visitor once in any 24hr period to avoid multiple clickers pushing their friends up the rankings.

The site should automatically reset to 0 after 30 days, to give everyone a fair chance to achieve placings in the Top 100 Best Bear Artist Blogs listings.

I hope that makes sense!  You now know as much as I do! bear_tongue

Board footer