Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I dont know if i have splled this correctly , but i often hear smores mentioned on U S tellevission shows can someone tell me what they are please?  bear_rolleyes

Pipa UK

I'm not all that sure Estelle but i think they are marshmallows or something to that effect but i could be wrong hehe

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, ooh - s'mores are a wonderful, gooey concoction made from graham crackers, Hershey bars, and marshmallows!!  Put a chocolate bar on top of a cracker, then toast a couple of marshmallows and put those on top of the chocolate, then put another cracker on top of that . . . you have a yummy, sandwich thingy!  Be careful - it's kind of messy . . . enjoy!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They are one of my favorite things in the whole wide world!  YUM!  it is kind of a camping treat... along with making hot dogs on the fire you make smores!

Deb Upstate New York

Estelle ~

Exactly as SueAnn explained ... best when prepared and eaten at a campfire!  YUM!  My husband puts peanut butter on his graham crackers first.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Deb wrote:

Estelle ~

Exactly as SueAnn explained ... best when prepared and eaten at a campfire!  YUM!  My husband puts peanut butter on his graham crackers first.

mmmm... never thought of that! I am a pb freak!  Love pnut butter!  - I love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

Todmorden West Yorkshire

they sound great but is a hershy bar an ordinary chocolate bar we don't have them either.
Of course none of this contains any calories  :dance:

Deb Upstate New York

Yep, a regular chocolate bar.  I use half the bar to fit on the approx. 2" x 2" graham cracker. 

These treats are fat free, of course!  bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim,
I'm sitting here eating a bag of PB M&M's! YUM!!

Estelle,
Another way to make smores if you aren't in the woods camping or don't have the bar-b-que fired up would be to use NUTELLA (Dilu should be popping in any minute now! :lol:) and marshmallow fluff on the graham cracker. Personally, I'm with Mr. Deb......  PB on the cracker first, then the Nutella, then fluff, then another cracker.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

smorething.jpgMMMM. getting hungry here!

Here is an indoor smore maker...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

THAT is going on my Christmas List!!!!!!!!!!  bear_tongue

Todmorden West Yorkshire

ooooooooooooh i have gone up yet another dress size reading this  :redface: I wish I hadnt asked I shall dream about smores tonight and all you folk sitting round a campfire munching away. I am mad about peanut butter I like the smooth one best. I am learning so much about all you lovelly Stateside teddiacs, its great  :clap:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

YUK!!!!! They sound absolutely DISGUSTING!!!!!!! bear_shocked  :rolleyes:

I would NEVER eat something soooo disgustingly sweet (dribble), chocolaty(dribble dribble), marshmallowy (drool) and i think PB is vile (yummyyumyum)!!

bear_laugh  :rolleyes:

Penny  bear_wub

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay, Now I need Chocolate!!! MMMMmmmm I love smores. bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love smores...but I like to add a bit of caramel to mine...that's my down fall...caramel...love that stuff.

And...dangit all I was just at the store and meant to grab some Nutella and completely forgot.  I knew I was missing something as I wandered around aimlessly trying to remember...don't ya hate it when you do that.  AUGH!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

One of the neat things about a s'more is how it got its name.  When you eat one, it's sooooo good that you have to have some more (s'more)!  And now, we have collectibles of little resin S'more people . . . what will they think of next??!!  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

hmmmmm

I am all alone tinight, I have nutella, herserys chocolate and marshmallow cream and of course the crackers.

I think I can come up with something really disgusting in the microwave.....kind of a layered thing in a bowel.....gonna have to try it.....around 10, just before the Hubs gets home.....so he can smell it and wonder what I've been up to.... :twisted: :twisted:

Poor darling will be hungry too....

I do believe Maxalt brings out the totally evil in me :twisted:  bear_grin bear_grin

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Haha, Dilu- if you do try that, you may end up with a layered thing in a bowel!  :twisted: Sorry, just couldn't resist!  bear_wub  bear_grin  bear_wub
   Suzanne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu... that sounds devine... with some vanilla ice cream!!!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

:teddybear:Aaahhh, s'mores and the smell of an outdoor campfire......at this time of year when we have a winter storm warning for today.......s'mores are my favorite. Have you ever tried a Banana Boat?  bear_grin
Take a banana, peel a portion of the peel , but do not pull it off. Scoop out a bit of banana, (eat it as you take it out) then fill this space with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, peanut butter can also be used ( I can't stand the stuff  bear_sad ). Put the peel back over the top, wrap in aluminum foil and put on the campfire (or grill) for a short time until the chocolate melts and you have a very gooey yummy concoction. :dance:  :hug:
Ellen

Todmorden West Yorkshire

never done that but have baked banas in black rum and brown suagr and just a touch of mallasses, its a real treat served hot on a cold night, kills coughs and colds stone dead .Or at least you forget you had one  bear_tongue Oh i forgot you need a large dollop of Vannilla icecream on the side  :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ellen - Yes, I was thinking of you and Deb over there in NY State when I saw all that white on the weather map this morning.... stay warm and inside!!! (Where's the chivering, snow covered face??)
Your banana boat sounds delicious!  :P

Estelle - I'll put that recipe in my medical book for the next time I need a cough remedy!  bear_grin

It was lucious- could only eat 3 bites.....too rich.  However I left the other one and when he got home last night he inhaled it and then made several more.

He told me he had never had smores as a kid.

Is that legal?

I'll have to ask his mom.....

Dilu

I offered to cook marshmallows for him over the wood stove....but he said no.....I think since he didn't know what he was missing....

bear_tongue

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

You guys know every thing bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Pages:

Board footer