Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi Everyone!

If you haven't seen this before, it is a neat thing to try out to see if you are right or left brain dominant, or if you are mix brained....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s … 95,00.html

I started out clockwise, then after a bit could switch it back and forth.  I think the trick is to relax!   bear_thumb

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Melisa,

Same for me, clock wise first , then could change it either way. bear_thumb

love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Anti - clockwise only unless I blocked out the top and looked at the feet only and then clockwise.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Maybe it's us antipodeans, I saw it anticlockwise at first, but as I was reading the text my peripheral vision saw it reverse. After that I was able to switch between the two.  bear_original  bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm all clockwise...which I wasn't surprised about.  I never could get it to look anti-clockwise no matter how relaxed I was.  Interesting...

But, then I never can see those pictures within a picture.  You know the ones that look like a bunch of colorful dots and there's suppose to be a picture in them.  I can't do it...no matter what.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It's neat to see all the differences!  The rest of my family (hubby & three children) started with anti-clockwise and then could easily switch back and forth.  The children had the easiest time with the first switch to the other direction.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Oooh, I like this sort of thing!!  Once the legs reach the side position, I can change direction at will.  So the poor girl's legs are going back and forth
like a yo-yo!!!!   :crackup:    Does this mean I can't think straight????     bear_wacko 

dizzy Marilyn  bear_flower

Lynn Wisconsin

My kids and husband and I were trying to make it switch directions and found that if you watch the shadow of the feet and then look up at the figure we were able to make it switch directions.  Very cool, but I don't have a clue how it works!!!

Lynn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, I'm definitely a mix of the two, but saw it going clock-wise at the beginning.  I believe a little more time was spent in the clock-wise direction, but I noticed if I read the text for a second or two, then looked at the figure, it would always switch to counter-clockwise.  Strange.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Me Too Sue Ann if I looked away and then looked back she would change direction  bear_tongue

Raewyn

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I started anti clockwise but like others as soon as I started reading the text it switched to clockwise. then as soon as I looked back at the text it would switch back and forth and not even go in a complete circle. I must be wacky!
Beth

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original I started clockwise and then saw the figure move counterclockwise for a short time.  However, most of the time, I saw the figure move clockwise.  Does that mean I am predominantly right brained?  bear_original

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay.  So what exactly does it mean if all you see is the chickiedoodle kicking her leg back and forth like a clock pendulum?  Without going around?   Tick, tock, tick, tock.  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  It must be my computer.  That's my story and I'm stick'n to it!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Edited to add:  I think I'm just really, really tired.  Must go to bed now. G'nite.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

she's only spinning clockwise for me!

Marion

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Very cool. I saw her turning counter-clockwise first. When I looked again it was clockwise. I tried to focus to make her change and couldn't...so I tried looking away and then back at her and each time when I looked back again she was going in the opposite direction. So I could see her both ways, but only if I looked away first. Very strange.

FrizzyBear New York

How neat!  She started out counterclockwise and then went clockwise....back and forth a couple of times.   :photo:

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

My husband and also my son can see her turn clockwise and anti-clockwise - I just can see her turn clockwise ........... my men told me, that it is quite easy to make her change direction .......... well maybe I don't have the time to let her turn round ....... I'm actually working at a new bear for a loving bear-mom far far away - therefore the dancer can turn this way and that way - I have to work ......  :crackup:  :clap:  :dance:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I went back again today --and this time she was turning clockwise at first! I must have a topsy turvey brain.
Beth

Board footer