Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I just wanted to ask for some prayers for my oldest son & daughter and their friends.   Kyle just learned yesterday that one of his friends that he graduated from high school with was killed in Iraq on Saturday.  His friend's name was Tyler.  He was one of our devoted marines and was shot and killed sometime Saturday morning, I believe.   My daughter, Erienne,  is very good friends with his sister, Brittany.

Just a very sad time for them both...a very real dose of reality.   bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aww, Shantell, certainly the loss of a young life is hard to accept, no matter why or how he died or even knowing that the chances were great.

Huge slap of reality indeed!

Your kids and Tyler's family are in my prayers!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Shantell, my prayers go out to your son, daughter and all who knew Tyler.   What a terribly sad time.  His friends and family must be in such shock. May they find comfort knowing that he served his country well. 
God bless and hugs to you all .  k055.gif

Life is fragile, handle it with Prayer !

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Tammy wrote:

AMEN!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is sad bear_sad  My mother in law was over there for a while and my husband's best friend (and his wife) were there too... very scary....

He and his family are in my prayers

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shantell

Thank you for this information.  My prayer partner and I keep all the guys and gals in Afghanistan and Iraq in our prayers.

I always figure it doesn't matter how we feel individually about the war, these are our kids over there, doing the hardest thing they will ever do in their lives. THEY need our support, and prayers.

Our church sponsored a special forces unit in Afghanistan.  When you pray for someone you can't help but begin to love them.  Then the unit came home and had to turn around and go to New Orleans as a medic unit during the hurricane mess.

The guys said that that was worse than anything in Afghanistan.

what a strange world we live in.

hugs

Dilu

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Your family and Tylers family will definitely be upheld in prayers. We have been so fortunate. Our friends son has already been to Iraq twice, and We had a young man just return last week that goes to our church. Our next door neighbors brother in law is in Iraq right now.
It is so hard to watch the news.
Our prayers go out to all of them and thier families!!!! What a tough Job!
Love and Prayers,
Kathy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

These things are so hard...I can't say that I specifically remember this young man but my son has known him a very long time so I imagine I've seen him at ball games, graduations, school events...probably even my own home.  My children have tons of friends and at some point I lost track   bear_shocked  shocking I know.

I struggle with this so much...the feeling of great sadness and overwhelming lack of understanding on how these events happen and then I feel great relief that it wasn't my own child and find myself saying a sort of "bless this family...thank you god" kinda of prayers.

Thank you so much for your prayers...I know they will touch the hearts and lives of those who are important.

Shantell

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Such a HEAVY dose of real life so close to home.  Very sad.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Many many Hugs and prayers are on their way! Our hearts are heavy for the losses in America!

Many Hugs and Blessings

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

My prayers and thoughts are with all who are fighting over there .... May God protect them and keep them safe ....

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

My prayers are there for everyone caught up at this very sad time. I here so much of the terrible things that happen to your guys in Iraq, but just knowing of one more young life lost is just terrible. My thoughts are there for your son and daughter and Tyler's family. I am thinking of you all.

Jane

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Please add my most heartfelt prayers to the list and may the families and friend involved find some peace in their hearts.  bear_cry

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

My thoughts and prayers are with your Family and Tylers at this very sad and tragic time.

Hugs
Carolyn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Double AMEN to that.

It is such a shame there has been so much loss of life.  I hope all this ends soon.  Shantell you and your children will be in my prayers  :pray: bear_wub :hug: :hug: :hug:

Board footer