Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Densteds Densteds
Website

The bushfires in Australia have caused such unimaginable devastation & tragic loss of life, both human & animal.....thank you to all those courageous firefighters who risked their lives to try to save others.......this little fellow survived, thanks to this brave man.

David Tree, a firefighter with the Country Fire Authority (CFA), the volunteer force of the Australian state of Victoria, shares his water with an injured Koala at Mirboo North after wildfires swept through the region Monday. "It was amazing, he turned around, sat on his bum and sort of looked at me with (a look) like, put me out of my misery," Tree told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I yelled out for a bottle of water. I unscrewed the bottle, tipped it up on his lips and he just took it naturally. He kept reaching for the bottle, almost like a baby." The deadliest firestorm in Australia's history has wiped out entire towns and killed at least 181 people.

01020143150800.jpg

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

A wonderful heart touching photo!  That firefighter is a hero for helping that poor little baby out. 

~Robert

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Thats the lovliest picture I have seen in a longtime it has made me tear up bear_cry  what a guy  bear_wub

Raewyn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Such a lovely story Denise bear_flower  thanks for sharing.

Those fire fighters are doing such an amazing job and they need medals for their bravery.

Hugs
Carolyn

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_cry  bear_wub Such a sad picture but well done the fire fighter's who are just working so hard - they are all hero's  bear_original  I have made a donation to the Wildlife Rescue and Protection society who are also working hard to rescue and treat the poor animals as these people are also hero's and need help in their work.

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

I heard that the little koala drank 3 bottles of water, poor little thing, it just breaks your heart to think how many perished..

Carolyn, I agree all those guys should receive medals...they are just ordinary men & women who volunteer for the country bushfire brigades, what would we do without people like them...God bless them all and keep them safe.

Raewyn, I tear up everytime I look at it...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry there are such GOOD people in this world bear_thumb  :clap:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How sweet, that poor little cutie!  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thanks for posting this, Denise.  My niece had seen the story and googled to find more info.  They have named the Koala, Sam and it is a female, who was taken to a rescue centre for injured animals.  She had burned feet and was put on an IV and pain medication and will survive and be released in about 5 months.  Apparently a male Koala at the shelter has taken a shine to her and keeps putting his arm around her - that is so awesome!  I'm so glad she has help.

hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website

thanks for that extra info Brenda, so pleased she'll be okay...here's a video clip of it...turn the volume up.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ … 62,00.html

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

What a wonderful story among all of the tragic ones.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Aw, Denise,  It not only warmed my heart, it made me boo!!!!!  The firefighters should all receive medals, it must be just about the worst thing you can put yourself through I should think.  These fires have really been playing on my mind, and most other people too I should think.  So sorry for anyone who has to go through such a horrific ordeal as this.  But, as they say, "good comes from bad" and this little photo just about sums it all up doesn't it.  Such a precious moment.   bear_wub  bear_wub

Oh dear, I'm welling up again!!!!!!!!  I think I'm keeping the "Kleenex" company going these days!

So thank you Denise for yet another beautiful little story.   :hug:

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a heartwarming and beutiful story. David Tree did a wonderful thing there, god bless his kind heart. I hope that koala does well and was not too badly injured. I hope and pray that the fire soon can be put out and no more poor souls, human or animal looses their fight for life, too many have already been taken. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story Denise.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

I'm with you Marilyn! Cried a lot over all the terrible news.............and this little girl set me off again. Poor little scrap - but she's one of the lucky ones, and should recover.
And as for David Tree and all his colleagues - they are such HEROES.
thanks so much for sharing, Denise
huggies
Maria

FrizzyBear New York

I thank God that there are people out there who still have compassion in their hearts.  What a wonderful picture of mankind at his best, unlike the arson(s) out there who may be contributed to this misery.  Poor little innocent Koala.   bear_cry

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I saw this story yesterday on the news, made me cry, poor little thing...its just too sad, but I'm so glad this little girl made it, the CFA are amazing people

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
So bitter sweet. Watching her just drink and drink while kepeing her burned paw in the firefighter's hand..... poor baby. But lucky indeed.
I just keep praying for everyone, human and animal, who are in the fire's wicked path.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks Daphne,
all those people & animals sure need everyone's prayers, it's a heartbreaking time downunder, just so sad....

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Here's a picture of Sam with her new boyfriend Bob, and a link to a video of her.  Sam has received an incredible amount of interest around the world.  I'm glad she is doing well.   http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ … 61,00.html
zzzzsambob.jpg

hugs,

Brenda

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Oh I love them to bits  bear_wub  bear_wub  makes this old heart smile what a lovely picture of them together poor little things.

These are the lucky one's I heard on the radio that we have lost 1 million little native lives and I cried again  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Raewyn

Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks for adding that video link Brenda.......poor little pets, but I guess they are the lucky ones.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww... how touching...really, it tells how much the animals are suffering, to trust somebody when their natural instint is to run away.....It make me very sad to hear of these fires....so much suffering. This is one story that has a good outcome.... bear_wub . Many bear hugs to all those animals suffering out there  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer