Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

The other day I bought my daughter, Lara, a puppet soft toy. This is a raccoon in a garbage can. There is Lycra below the fur of the raccoon's body, which seems to cover the forearm  The garbage can is also made of fabric. Lara has had so much fun playing with this soft toy that it made me wonder if anyone else has made a puppet bear?

If you have, could you please send me a photo to: Sandra@bearhug.com.au

I am thinking that this may be a fun article for the magazine

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Hi Sandra
Funny you ask. I just finished a course at uni last week in World of Puppetry. I made a marionette bear for my final design. I got a HD for it and a invite to do some more and perform with my lec at her studio and send it to Belgium. I will photo tomorrow for you and send you some pics.
Cheers Peta

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

That's great Peta. I am interested in either a marionette puppet or the type you insert your hand inside of. I think puppets would make a great article.

Bulli

If you want to do a aritcle, maybe your could speck to my lec, she has been a puppeteer for 30 years, she has worked on Tv and she done theatre but also does school and therapy with different walks of life. She is a wealth of info.

Bulli

I was going to make a hand puppet but I was a amazed by the marionettes. You could even make a bunraku bear puppet.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Sandra
How about Katrina N (can't remember how to spell her name  bear_wacko ) of Bumble Bears ?
Hugs
Linda

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Funny, that you ask this now.
Yesterday I exhibited at the "Kurpfaelzer Baerentreffen" in Mannheim, Germany.
And guess what? My neighbours just had some really, really sweet puppet bears!
Here's the link to their website:
www.baerionetten-team.de

Board footer