Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

comp.jpgThanks guys.  I still am totally floored by winning.  Although I think my bear is cute - he's a very ordinary little guy compared to other things that were entered.  I had picked the two bears that I thought would win - one was a big open mouthed polar bear with amazing sculpted mouth etc and the other was my good friends entry who was totally cute - so when I arrived at the show I walked straight past the competition table until my friend accosted me and made me look!  They didn't announce bear of show until Sunday afternoon.  Not sure if you can see the bear among all the bling!

You guys have met him before (as Ginger Kisses) He's sitting in a suitcase and has his Christmas companions and quilt with him.  Terrible photo I'm sorry.  Now I'm trying to decide whether to sell him.  I actually sold him once already, but he was sent back because he wasn't the right colour.

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

:clap: :clap: :clap: He is so adorable. I wouldnt sell him Melissa hes a keeper. bear_wub I love your bears.  bear_wub bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh so cute, I can see why he won!

Danni

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

What a wonderful surprise for you Melissa...and all the more sweet because it was unexpected! He's such a sweet little bear!
I think he is destined to stay in your hug after coming back to you once and then proving his worthiness with all those prizes!
Please keep him! bear_wub :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Melissa!  WOW WOW WOW!!! Congratulations  :clap:  and the cup for the best of show  :dance: ... you must be glowing with pride!  Well done and be sure to display it and show everyone who comes and visits!  Do we get to see a photo?  I'd love to see your entry...if you haven't posted it already..I haven't read this thread properly lol
Yay again from me..so happy for you darlin'  :thumbsup:
xox sarah

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Just saw the piccy and melissa he is gorgeous!  So happy for you.  Aren't you glad he was sent back lol
xox sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY! Congrats Girl!!!!  :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

:clap: Congrats, Melissa! He is so cute and sweet!

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Well done Melissa, you so deserve it after all your hard work.

Make sure you bring him at Xmas so I can see him in the fur.....oh and you should definately keep him as he obviously came back home for that reason.

Mel

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This little guy was sent back to you???  He is darling! I just went back to find his bigger pic in the Bears for Sale section, I remember this little guy!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Of course you won. Not suprised at all. But that doesn't take away from the suprise or the delite. Congrats well deserved

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Congrats on winning!   :clap:  Your bear is cute.  Thanks for posting the pic.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Ooooh. No wonder he won, Melissa--he's really special. Not ordinary at all!  :love:

Eileen

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Congratulations - I just adore your little bears.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Congrats, Melissa!
He is sooooooooo cute! It is a great feeling! Great job!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

YEah :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Melissa is famouse :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I already knew your bears were terrific - thisis just the first recognition of many  bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle
I bet you are soo soo happy - well done you :clap: :clap: :clap:
:hug: :hug:
Anne

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Melissa - that is wonderful news and you must be feeling very proud.
I can see why Ginger kisses won - he is adorable.

Pages:

Board footer