Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Does anyone in their 50's and 60's remember Credance Clearwater Survival?

And if so who knows what they were called before that?

Tom F.  named them : THE GOLLIWOGGS

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Do you mean Creedence Clearwater REVIVAL with John Fogarty?  If not, then I have no clue...never heard of the others.

And they were originally known as "The Blue Velvets".

those be the ones Miss Shantell.....who knew?  Well actually Hubs knew and I looked it up and he was right.

bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

My boys love them!!!  Actually I use to really like them too (shhhh don't tell my boys)    bear_wub  bear_wub

Yikes....can't have them knowing mom has good taste.....they will find something really bad to substitute with....

do an internet search-you'll find the 'golliwoggs' .......or where my poor old eyes too blurry

Speaking of which how are you doing?

bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yup, Your good, Shantell!
Hubbster and I like CCR too!  :thumbsup:
(And we're in our 30's and 40's!)  bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

I'm only 48, but remember their music well.  :lol:

Don't even know if I could choose a favorite!  http://www.creedence-revisited.com/music.html

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh yah!!! I love them! Dilu you know we are showing our age here! Wasnt that a simpler and more rebelious time! I was such a brat!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yep - I even remember them and I'm PAST that time by a little!!  Does anyone remember James Taylor, The Carpenters, Nat King Cole, Kenny Rogers, BREAD, Charlie Rich, Carole King, The Eagles????

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sue Ann I remember all those and still love to listen to their music ..... Elvis was my greatest singing hero I grew up going to marry him. bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub Then Priscilla stole him from me bear_cry  bear_cry(in my dreams) still love to listen to him ... Daniel O'Donnel is someone I listen to alot these days

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh yes . . . I had a huge crush on Elvis but didn't mention him because I thought everyone would know who he was - even the youngsters.  I still have the first two Elvis Presley LP albums I got for my 16th birthday!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

James Taylor is one of my most favorite... I have seen him concert 6 times... learned guitar so I could play his music... have most all his albums either on vinyl, tape or cd... some on all three!! Kenny Rogers is another huge favorite of mine. Peter, Paul & Mary too. The Eagles... also learned to play a lot of their music on guitar too!

I was meant to be born a decade or two earlier than I was!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yes you were, Daphne!!  I just finished listening to The Eagles Greatest Hits . . . "Lyin' Eyes", "Desperado", "Take It To The Limit", "Best of My Love" . . . aaaaaaahhhhh!

Yes Sue Ann, remember them al lwell.

Here's a hoot, The Caftan and Chenille were on fox news this am.. She looks really good and he has put on a little weight but they seemed the same otherwise

When we sold our old home with the idea that we would live many years in the 5th wheel and save up for our retirement home at the same time travelling around to find the place we wanted to retire, I had to get rid of all my records.

Welll we only did it for a couple of years, so now I am slowly rebuilding my cd collection.

working on PP&M right now

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh yes - right!!  Peter, Paul, and Mary!!!  I saw a photo of the Captain and Tennille not too long ago and they both do look very good!  They were talking about the phenomenon of why a stupid song like "Muskrat Love" could become so popular . . . good point!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I know who most of these bands/groups are and I was born in 1976. We listened to quite a variety of music growing up. Most of the time traveling to antique shows with mom. She chose the radio station.
I happen to like the Mamas and the Papas.
I tend to like the "older" music as it has a beat, rythm, a sense of time, tells a story, and most importantly you can UNDERSTAND IT!

Does that make me old?

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

when i was young i has this desiase call beatail manea

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hey, I saw the Beatles and got their autograph......boy that seems a lifetime ago!

Jane  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jared - Yup, you're right here with me... old (no offense ladies) before our time!  bear_laugh  bear_grin I can't stand the top 40 stuff on the radio today. I actually make myself listen to it in the car sometimes because I don't want to be in the category I always put my parents in..... listening to elevator music and old foggies stuff..... Barry Manilow, Johnny Mathis, John Denver, etc. But I am beginning to understand why they do now!

Jared, I think it makes us more well-rounded individuals with a greater appreciation for REAL music!  bear_thumb

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I love the old music and I know I'm older...don't have a problem with that.
I must admit tho that I like some new music....even rap.
And please don't spread it around but I like some of Eminem alto the language is a bit hard to take at times. My favourite housework music is Slim Shady, unless my husband is around and he'll turn it off. My kids were amazed when they went thru my ipod last year to see the extent of my music collection.

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, although I have been resisting it forever, I admit I like Eminem, too.  His violent lyrics are offputting; I don't care for them.  But just last night, while driving the long haul to get my kids, I heard a new (?) song from him I hadn't heard before, which was, I have to conclude, very personal and vulnerable and revealing.  In it, he talks about his daughter, Hayley, and how he feels pulled between being her father and husband to her mother, and being a performer, sought after the world over... which takes time away from his family, and causes him to break promises to them.  Which Hayley notices.  And which is turning her, even at a young age, into something of a cynic, who sees her father for what he is... which he doesn't like much!  It was a fascinating song; I hope to hear it again.

I really wish I could just dismiss him as some kind of violent gangland idiot who's just after a buck, but I think he's actually significantly deeper and smarter than that stereotype would imply.  And besides, his rhythms are actually very cool!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I really like Eminem.... I like pretty much eveything but country... unless the country has a good beat but I wouldnt buy a country cd... I really like Sean Paul bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Wow  :clap: I remember them all......My favorite singer, who I will dump my husband for, is Neil Diamond.  :dance: Our daughter and son bought us tickets to his concert in Albany this past August. He has slowed down some, but he is still....  :redface: wonderful!  My husbands favorite group was Seals and Crofts...... bear_rolleyes no one mentioned them yet.

Actually, I can listen to most music, except Country and (C)rap  bear_whistle ( I always told my kids they left a letter off when they named it Rap)  bear_laugh I can even listen to opera, loved my visit to the MET in NYC many many years ago......haven't been back.  bear_sad But!  bear_original i do live in the Cultural and Educational Center of Northern New York and saw the Nutcracker last week......it was fun.
:hug: Ellen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Can we count Josh Grobin in as pop music? If that's the case than I'm not THAT too old for my age as I LOVE his voice... ok, love his hair too! But that voice..... takes my breath away that someone so young can sing like that. He just amazes me!

I LOVE country music!!!!! There, I said it! If Sandi can not like chocolate and admit it then I can admit to this!  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

How about the OOOLLLDDD Kingston Trio, Chicago, Earth/Wind/Fire, Johnny Mathis, Dionne Warwick, etc.

Yes, Daphne, you may include Josh . . . I have his first two cds.  Although his "You Raise Me Up" on the Closer cd isn't as wonderful as the original version of it that's on Secret Garden's Once in a Red Moon cd.
Does anyone else think Eva Cassidy has the most gorgeous/soulful/emotional voice ever, besides me??  If you haven't heard her, sample her on Amazon . . . try "Over the Rainbow" from the Songbird cd or "Fields of Gold" (MUCH better than Sting's version) from the same cd.  Or just about any other song.  I've got every one of her cds and wish so much that there would be more to come, but she died at age 33 from cancer - such a tragic waste of talent!  Does anyone like Norah Jones?

Pages:

Board footer