Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Love Norah Jones! She's great  a great sound! Makes me think of a 50's singer. Can't really explain.

Love Chicago, Foreigner, Styx, Allman Brothers (hubby's fav!!).......Beach Boys and the Monkeys!!!!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I like a lot of the Beach Boys music.
I am also into Folk Music. I just recently aquired a CD that has native South American music on it. It has tons of pan pipes, I love 'em because they sound so mellow.
Josh is on my list.
Ceclia Bartoli is another good one too. She was on Letterman several years ago. I would like to see her and Josh in concert. Alas time does not permit.

You its sad but I studied voice for about ten years, and now I don't have an outlet for it. There is no local group I can sing with. And I have advanced behond the abilities of the local vocal coaches. When I was in college I finally got a wonderful vocal coach. I loved to go to my voice lessons. He got more out of me in one semester, than anyone else had in two. He was a very good fit for me. Then after a year he took a job taching down in Texas somewhere or maybe it was Missiouri, I don't remember. I was crushed. I couldn't go to any of the other vocal studios on campus, I was spoiled. Mom asked me if I wanted to go where he was teaching, but it meant moving further from home, the school didn't offer my degree program, and it was also bigger $$$!
Oh well.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow Jared I bet you can sing then eh?? Pretty cool. I can play instuments, but I sure cant sing!! bear_grin Too bad you can't find anyone to sing with. It's always better to share these things.

Shelii, I know the song you are talking about. The Eminem song about his daughter Hayley. I hear what you are saying, but I find he's more whining about nothing. Sure it may be slightly valid, but all he does is whine, and I don't feel too bad for him, just for his daughter. But that's just me. Not a big fan, although he does have lots of talent. I can't deny that. I just think his "poor me" attidude is rather lame.  p030.gif

I on the other hand, can appreciate all types of music. I do like hip hop and anything with bass. I'm a big car stereo junkie so if it's got good beat, and can make the car rattle, I'm a happy girl. Plus, having a classical music background that is also good, and suprisingly good in the car.

I love to hear about our diverse tastes, you just never know what is going to appeal to someone with something so personal as music.  e060.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Heather... so you're one of THOSE...... the kid behind me with their stereo cranked and bass maxed so that MY brain rattles!!!  bear_wacko  bear_grin And to think it could be a fellow teddy bear artist!   :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hmm,I guess this could be my music favorite/ secret thing that people don't know about me....... I love all different kinds of music and my tastes vary but i must admit that Harry Chapin touches my soul deeply. I don't mean the song Taxi or Cat's In the Cradle (the songs that they would actually play on the radio) but a great deal of his other songs.   :redface: There,that's my big confession.  bear_smile

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Sue Ann, aHang down your head.....

The only way I will exercise is with the bose headphones and the little cd player playing all that stuff.....then I can walk for 45 min or until the cd ends.....which ever comes first.  It keeps me distracted from the pain where there isn't any cartildge left....well the music and the drugs.

Oh and I sing at the top of my lungs.......good thing we are in the forest and not the city- had someone call it the 'wilderness' once-doesn't feel like wilderness to me

My hubby laughs his head off at me......just wait till he gets his bagpipes ....I'll get to laugh at him.....

Neil Diamond
Simon and G

PP&M

and ok true confesions

I love cowboy yodelling......It makes me cry... :cry:....go figure, I'm not sad....but ..... a015.gif so I exercise to that too.....I'm getting better...at the yodeling  a080.gif

I refuse to have knee surgery until I am back in shape, only because it will be much easier healing and recuperating... a060.gif

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277
Daphne wrote:

I LOVE country music!!!!! There, I said it! If Sandi can not like chocolate and admit it then I can admit to this!  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:

Hehe, It's okay Daphne. I too will admit that I like country music! I don't listen to it as much as I used to, but still like it. George Strait is my favorite country singer.

Jared...I, too, was born in 76 and know and like mostly everyone talked about on this thread. CCR, Eagles, Beatles, Kenny Rogers...

I haven't heard too much Eminem as he's not played on the radio stations I normally listen to, but I have to admit that I do like him. There's an ipod commercial with him and I really like it.

Love Norah Jones. Such a beautiful voice. Just had her CD in yesterday. Natalie Merchant...Sarah McLaughlin

I also like blues. I don't have a great knowledge of all the music, but in general I really like it. The last concert I went to was (quite a while ago) B.B. King and Buddy Guy. Awesome show.

Okay, I will admit that I miss the big hair 80's bands.  :redface:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ellen, I too love the big D.  Especially because of his classical training and how it comes out in his music, and also I appreciated how he wrote most his own music and lyrics....

The hubs just read a review of his newest release, all the reveiws are the ultimate positive raving reviews; Even Rolling Stone!

Its suposed to be along the same line as his old but well love songs....which he sort of got away from

it hasn't been released yet.... a030.gif

e050.gif

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Daphne wrote:

Heather... so you're one of THOSE...... the kid behind me with their stereo cranked and bass maxed so that MY brain rattles!!!  bear_wacko  bear_grin And to think it could be a fellow teddy bear artist!   :hug:

Yeah, hadn't thought of it that way.  bear_wacko Although I've heard some of those stereo's and they dont' sound too good. Mine is a fine balance and it isn't too much bass, at least not in my books.

You're way too funny Daphine.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather... you're right!  Eminem IS a whiner!  He recognizes these things in his life (apparently), and can write poetic lyrics about them, and about how his choices and beliefs affect others, and he alludes to really valuing certain things like being himself and his daughter, etc.... but he doesn't speak to actually DOING anything about the very things he sings about.  It IS annoying.  But, still... kinda rockin', in terms of having a catchy sound, and very much NOT some shallow song about being foxy or liking hot girls or whatever.

I'm with you; my sentiments after hearing that song were very much with his daughter, Hayley.  In some ways I think his lyrics painted her as the adult, and him as the child, bearing the brunt of her disapproval.  It's as if he knows he could be making different choices to better suit and please this child he claims to love so much... but he's not making them.  And in the song he made some comment about how Hayley notices that!  I think he knows he's disappointing her.  Based on those lyrics, anyway.

So yeah... whiner.  But also, interesting!  And I think also very revealing! 

On other notes... I have a low tolerance for country music.  But I like anything harmonic; older bands that fall into this category include YES, QUEEN (love QUEEN!), and STYX.  A current favorite is the Indigo Girls, whose songs blow my mind.  I'm a child of the 80's so White Snake, Aerosmith (yeah, they're not from the 80's, but they had big hair DURING the 80's!) and BonJovi will always make me smile.  Especially because those songs were the theme pieces of more wild, 1980's, UCLA fraternity parties than I can possibly remember (because, frankly, I was too drunk to!)

:)

Anybody here like OUTKAST?  I think Andre 3000 is, in every way, the shizzit.

Oh, and Andrea Bocelli makes me cry.  In a good way.  Especially "Con Te Partiro."  <sigh>

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Shelli wrote:

Anybody here like OUTKAST?  I think Andre 3000 is, in every way, the shizzit.

I havent heard any of there songs recently.... they are hilarious!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Shelli...and Dilu too... would probably like Ememen's song Cleaning Out My Closet where he talks about his mother and how she would make him sick, etc. Apparently she suffered from Munchousens (sp). Catchy lyrics and you sort of get the idea that he's not really fond of his mother!

Marion

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Alright Shelli. Good points, as always.................
Damn you! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_grin bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

So, if we all had a party, the DJ would need a whole lot of CD's to keep all of us happy.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - I LOVE the Indigo Girls!!!
My 6-Disc player in my SUV has 4 CDs of the Girls in it! Their harmony is phenominal, lyrics intense... they are just awesome. I've seen them in concert a couple of times.  And they sing in my range so I can harmonize with them... when no one is listening!  bear_grin

Gotta add in Rush for amazing instrumentals, Pink Floyd... I was such a Floyd addict... now when I listen I sing along out of habit but am not quite sure why I liked them so much! U2, Peter Gabriel, Journey.......

Ahhhh.... the good ol' days! I was roller skating in the early-mid 80's ... love to hear songs from that time in my life... Twilight Zone by Golden Earring... remember that one??

***Poof***    Back to reality!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I have to add that I miss the 80s music too!
But then again I miss the 90s music too.

My roommates in college introduced me to rap. When I was home during breaks I missed the rap. Go Figure.

Eminem is a big whiner, but I have to admitt that I like some of his music. I saw the ipod commerical and I like that song. Mom said, "Do you understand it?" I said no, but I don't know if she was talking about the music or the commerical itself.

Ipod also used a song with the lyrics wind me up, put me down and watch me go... one of the Dog Shows used it too. Does anyone know what the title of the song is or who the artist is?

Pages:

Board footer