Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

HEY!  I'm just wondering who else out there has read any of John Lambs books?  I just finally had time to read the first one and I read it in one day.  OK...so I didn't get another thing done but it was fabulous!  I've already started the second one which is already starting out to be better than the first one.  If you haven't read them, get them and do it!  This is one talented writer!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

He's a super nice guy as well, I'm sure a lot of people have run into him and his wife at a bear show somewhere.  If you get the chance to meet them in person please do, very sweet people.

hugs

Shane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOVE those books!!  I have all 4 paperbacks - autographed thanks to a friend ;0) 

I just got a new ebook reader and found that his books are available as ebooks too!  His are the only ones I'll be repurchasing as ebooks that I already own as paper backs  bear_wub

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Laura,
If I may ask is your ebook a Kindle? If so I didn't realize his books were available. I'll have to check it out. :)
I love his books!!! bear_wub

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I met John at one of my bear shows. WHAT an interesting guy! He politely came over to my table, complimented my work and knew something about what I had created over the years! He has a great memory for bears and bear artists and goes at it from the angle of a detective bear_happy During the show I would wander over to his table just to hear the great stories he had to tell. Many of his characters are based on real teddy bear artists and real bear shows. I know several artists whom were featured in his mysterys. Bear Guys, were you? Sometimes it's hard to tell because he disguises identities (just in case you end up the bad guy ;-)
Karen

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Hi Cyndee!

No, I got an eBookwise 1150 cause it was only $135.

John's books are available directly from Penguin publishing, but NOT available for Kindle.  His books are not available for my eBookwise either, but I plan on getting a Sony 505 eventually. 

Penguin DOES have them in Adobe Reader format which I can read now on my laptop and can transfer over to my Sony when I get it.   :dance:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I haven't read John's books yet.  But, I met him at Expo this past summer.  He is so nice!  I bought the 3 books that were out at the time and had them signed for my mom.  I could tell my mom was a little apprehensive about the books when she saw  the cover.  She is a big time mystery reader and as soon as she started one, she was hooked!  In fact, she called me to tell me how good the book was.  I'm just waiting for my mom to loan them to me.  But, I think my dad is next in line.  I'm sure they will eventually make their way to my house eventually.

Hugs,
Alison

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Yep - I've read them all - I LOVE them!!  I think each one gets better, and my favourite is the latest one.  I've also been lucky enough to meet him when I was in the States - him and his wife are so lovely!!

Murrieta, California

Thanks Laura for the info.
I really appreciate your help !
bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Oh I wish I was in one of his books Karen  bear_grin  bear_grin ,  I think Barb was in one of his books and a couple of yrs ago at TBAI one of the auctions was for you to appear in one of his books.  It was a great success, can't remember who it was that one the auction but they should be in his last book I do believe.

hugs

Shane

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Love the books and a good read and I've got the latest one waiting for me on the shelf to be read!

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yup, read 'em... loved 'em.... Laura... who on earth would give you autographed copies? bear_tongue  It's fun to read his books having done shows and met the people he refers to both directly and indirectly.

I had a lovely conversation with John last fall at the Hunt Valley show and his wife, Joyce, even bought a bear from me! I was giddy.... they have an amazing collection and now one of my guys is part of it too! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of the collectors who buy from me but this was someone FAMOUS! LOL! They are such wonderful, down to earth, interesting people.

Alison, John has written a book or two about the civil war. I have one tho' I haven't read it yet but your dad might be interested in reading his civil war books.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Daphne wrote:

.... Laura... who on earth would give you autographed copies? bear_tongue  .......

LOL!!! bear_whistle

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I'm reading the first one now. I only have three...bought them at the Bright Star Show in Tampa recently. They are very interesting. I'll have to check out the eBook versions. I can read them on my iPhone.

Hugs,

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi there,

I must confess I hadn't heard of him, but have just done a little "Googling" and he does sound like a very nice person.
The books sounds rather intriguing and I have just ordered a couple through Amazon so I am looking forward to having something
nice to read which is different to my usual books.

Many thanks for the information!  Now I'll get even less bearing done!!!

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

I love his books, I have read the first two ones and am now reading the third one, they are all great great great! CanĀ“t stop reading until I have reached the last page  :clap:

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Ok...I finished the second one last night.  Couldn't put the darn thing down.  I handed my husband the first one and he wasn't reading for more than a few minutes before he started laughing.  We met John in January and visited with him for a bit and we really enjoyed his sense of humor.  Luckily he spins that into his books but trust me, these are really good murder mysteries...  I like Janet Evanovich with her sense of humor so John's books are a good read like the Evanovich books are.  I let him know there is a thread started on this site about him, figured he would get a kick out of reading what his fans have to say.  I hope he keeps writing this line of stories....it's fun reading about people in our business that we know!  Bear hugs, Susie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I've read them all and can't wait for #5 in September.  They are great mysteries with lots of humor too. His books got me back into reading again.  I haven't met John Lamb in person, but have had the pleasure of "talking" with him through emails.   He seems like a wonderful, and kind man.

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

John will be doing a book signing in November down in the San Diego are if anyone who lives there would like to meet him.  I think the info may be on his website, if not I'll find it and post it.  The third book is great...I had to put it away so I'd get something else done!  Bear hugs everyone!!!

Murrieta, California

I'm close to San Diego and plan to go. If I'm well I hope to meet him and get my books signed. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know we're discussing his books here but just had share this picture of John and Joyce with you... taken at the Hunt Valley, MD show Nov. 08
They are so much fun to be around and a joy to talk with!

THE SUGARPLUMS (costumes were a must at the show!)
lambs72.jpg

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Oh I LOVE this picture!  Thanks for sharing Daphne!!  Susie

Murrieta, California

Thanks for sharing!!
My husband is looking forward to meeting him as he is going to soon be a retire Homicide Detective too. However rather than talk teddy bears like I want to I think he wants to talk murder cases!!! bear_laugh

Board footer