Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

HeatherM Posts: 25

In light of a recent thread regarding the latest creation by Ma'Sal I am posting a message from Kumiko and Masaru.

But first let me introduce myself... I am a passionate collector of Ma'Sal's work and have been so for some time now. I think it's obvious that these two are exceptional artists but they are also gracious and sincere people with a great amount of integrity. They do not misrepresent their work in any way and try their best to give accurate descriptions of each piece. Of course English is not their first language but I think they do a pretty amazing job and I have never been disappointed!  bear_original

I have always enjoyed Teddy Talk for all the support and encouragement given by the members and fellow artists here. It was sad to read the critical remarks made by a few regarding Ma'Sal's most recent Wildcat Kitten Zuccotto. I felt they were undeserving and mean-spirited. Of course most comments were very flattering and thoughtful and Ma'Sal expresses their gratitude to those... Your support means a great deal to them  bear_flower I happen to be the lucky new mom of this kitten, and like any new mom very proud indeed!  bear_happy Words cannot describe how beautiful and realistic this kitty is in person!!... And his bed I think is very fitting, as even a wild stray kitten possesses an innocence and beauty that matches the most pampered kitten  bear_original These are my thoughts anyway.

Now for Ma'Sal's words...

I have two cats. Both of them were stray cats. One of them came to my house over ten years ago. She, a white and black japanese cat, was crawling in the engine room of my car. It was cold late fall. She was a very thin kitten. I named her "Kulu" which is from Kuluma, the Japanese word for car. Another one, a tiger cat kitten, came to my house early last fall. She was crawling under an etching press in a shed. Also she was very thin and hungry. I named her "Pure" which is from the word Puresuki, etching press in Japanese. I decided to make each kitten "family". I fed them foods, gave them safe and warm bed, in order for them to live. For several months even after they got cat food, each cat fed on small moths that they caught earnestly with their own small body or they fed on very small seeds of weed, each seed on the ground. They would survive by doing that, but small moth or small seeds never bring fullness. I am deeply moved with tears by scenes that come to mind. They are my beloved existence. They are not different from the pedigreed or expensive cats for me.
I created the wildcat Zuccotto with my thoughts as to both of my cats. Zuccotto is a name of a cake in Italian, it seems the origin is a priest hut. I gave the name Zuccotto to this wildcat kitten to suggest an animal which is sacred. In other words, it being a noble existence, living alone for oneself in the wild. Therefore he has a noble beauty. I captured it with a color "white" and beloved feeling to innocence of kitten with a frilly bed. Someone feels it looks like an angel in a white ribbon, or someone feels it is mismatching. I don't care whichever, it is a difference of sensibility.
I know I am not good at English, it is not my native language. But there is no solid base in the nose of my works, I do affirm. No more incorrect information about it, please.
Can you understand my thoughts? But I cannot tell in native English. I want to keep creating Ma'Sal's works in the calm of life. I do not spare myself to create better works more and more.

And my words again as a collector...

There is a lot of thought given to Ma'Sal's creations. Of course as with all art it may appeal to some and not to others, but I think most people here can appreciate the beauty, and also the time that goes into their creations. I believe sometimes things are said for the sake of discussion and without the intention of hurting anyone, but in this case it did. I hope in the future more sensitivity will be given. Thank you to those for taking the time to read this  bear_flower 
:hug:  :hug:  :hug: Heather (and of course) Ma'Sal

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

:clap:  :clap:  Well said Heather and Ma'Sal. I am a huge fan of Ma'Sal, and although I know I'll probably never be lucky enough to own a Ma'Sal Creation, I get enormous pleasure from just looking at their listings, and also think the listings are extremely well presented too. Each and every creation is exquisite and quite remarkable, beyond words.

Every cat and kitten deserve a nice bed  bear_original

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I did not read all the posts you are talking about, I try to skip those on the board. I love Ma'Sal's creations, they always amaze me...they are very creative! They have my total respect!  :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Ma'Sal's work is absolutely incredible!!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Heather, Kumiko and Masaru. I just want to say that I find Ma'Sal creations to be absolutely amazing and each time I see one of their auctions I am totally thrilled. I admire the outstanding tallent of these artists and wish I were as talented. These ladies drive me on in my own art and give me inspiration to work harder and develope my own work. Ma'Sal number one fan here.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Heather, I like Tami didn't read the negative comments either.

I do think that the people who admire and respect  Ma'Sal's work far out way those that do not

So  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Fabulous work and lucky you Heather  bear_thumb

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I adore their amazing work. I wish I could create like they do.... :hug:  bear_flower

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I am amazed by Ma'Sal's talent! I love to see all their creations. I too find them an inspiration. I think you are very lucky Heather to own the little wild cat Kitten!
Beth

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Your work is absolutely beautiful, and your talent is amazing.  Just keep up the good work. 

Also, I know that those 2 kittens appreciate your kindness and so do I.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I too echo every ones comments above and have long admired and been awed by the creations of these incredible artists- they are truly in a class all to themselves. You Heather are extremely blessed to be able to own one of their works of art
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I haven't seen the posts referred to here either, but I've long admired the work of Ma'Sal. They are so very talented and always display amazing work.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I reiterate their work is amazing and very skilled.  And they are very talented.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Thank you Heather for your post, it is greatly appreciated.

big hugs

Shane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Heather,
     I've been absent a bit here, and didn't read any of the post you refer to, but may I say that I think the work of Ma'Sal is truly art, at it's finest.  They not only capture the look and proportions of their animals, but they are able to capture their spirit as well.  I have drooled over many of their pieces, with a sigh, because I know I will never be able to afford one, but that doesn't stop me from admiring.  I love their work and may I say how fortunate you are to have some of their wonderful pieces.  Thanks so much for your post.

hugs,

Brenda

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Heather......you lucky, lucky thing......I'm sooooooo jealous of you owning a wonderful Ma'sal creation   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I love their work!! Their attention to detail is quite simply outstanding and they are, without a doubt, masters of their craft  bear_flower

Hugs
Janice

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Heather,
Please do ask that Ma'Sal read all of THESE comments.  I didn't see the ill hearted comments that you speak of, but took just a minute to go back and read them.  I can certainly understand how she would feel when reading such things.  I think some people are jealous of her talent.  They are trying to figure out just how she makes THE MOST AMAIZING soft sculpture art on earth.  And they are mad that they can't do it.  Instead of adoration of her fine artistry, they pick it apart.  Ma'Sal rivaled by no one and should not pay attention to such drivel!  Some people need to learn the lesson, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say nothin' at all!"  You are very lucky to own her wild kitty.  And, thank you for posting on her behalf. 

Hugs,

Alison

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Ma'Sal is one of the most talented artists (artist duos) I have ever come across.  Their work is just amazing -truly beautiful and inspiring!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub    Heather, you are so lucky to have some of their beautiful pieces. 

Hugs,

Ellen

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

Thank-You Heather....Everyone in line?  I agree with you totally, as I said in that thread I USUALLY DO NOT COMMENT IN THE THREADS ANYMORE, BUT THIS MAY HAVE BEEN AS YOU SAY " MEAN-SPIRITED ' and might I add with a side of SOUR GRAPES"   and this thread DESERVED A THOUGHT  from anyone willing to support them even if it meant getting yet further out of the loop. Which now I am sure to be, oh well...ONE DAY MAYBE I WILL LEARN, BUT REALLY, I HOPE NOT!!!!!!           Hugs to Heather, Kumiko and Masaru. Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

P.S.   AS YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED TO WIN A FEW OF YOUR CREATIONS  (CHOCO MINT, TO NAME ONE, HE WAS SO SWEET) BUT HAVE NOT YET.. ONE DAY I WILL AND IT WILL BE TREASURED.

puca bears puca bears

Hi Heather, and thank you for posting.
I also had to go back and read the previous thread - originally, I didn't get past the first post - straight to ebay to wonder at yet another amazing creation by two truly talented artists. I am absolutely in awe of their babies, and wish I could afford one! (they are prominent in my list of - "when I win the lottery")
In truth, not everyone is going to love the same bear - and fair enough - if we all had the same tastes it would be a boring old world..........but I do agree - DON'T comment in such a public arena if you can't say something nice.
huggies
Maria

K Pawz Guest

bear_thumb  bear_thumb Thank you for posting Heather!!! Their work is to die for! One could only wish to have their talent.

big hugs,
Krista

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I also did not read the thread on this ktten.  I am in awe of the work that Ma'Sal does.  They are true artists in every sense of the word.  Heather you are so lucky to be able to have such a great piece of work in your collection.

ivuska.h Anavy teddy bears

I must agree with all the comments above, Ma'Sal creations are the most amazing creations I've ever seen and they are a great source of inspiration for me!   :clap:  :clap:

Iva

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

In my humble opinion they are far more than talented.  They have a real God given gift, and what a blessing that they use it to the fullest so we can admire the creations !!    What a lucky collector you are Heather to own their work, and what lucky artists they are to have such a supportive collector too  bear_thumb

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I agree that Kumiko and Masaru are absolutely fantastic artists!  I always enjoy seeing their new work!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Lots of hugs for you, Heather, and for them!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i saw their kitty on ebay and im sure as many others do i just stare in awe at their work. it is obvious to me that ma'sal create their work with such love, compassion and honesty. and that every creation is precious.
i only speak for myself when i say i believe they are top of their class, truely stunning. although i could never reach their standard of talent, they inspire me to be better.
I imagine each piece is their baby and as a mum of three i hope they read these responses and take comfort in knowing that i view their work with out question or critisism , with just fasination of the beauty they produce.

lots of love x kim x
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer