Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.  It occurred to me to post a couple of reminders...

1.)  We have a USER PHOTO GALLERY here, for those of you who have not yet posted a picture.  It's always nice to put a face to a name.  And I know from Daphne's Gallery that there are some of you out there with nice photos you are willing to post publicly, who haven't yet posted them here as well.  So... get on it, people!

;)

The USER PHOTO GALLERY can be found by clicking on the colored menu bar at the top of the TEDDY TALK window.

2.)  For Christmas Card swap participants (you know who you are and should have already received your card list):  Please remember that if you are sending cards overseas you should allow some extra time for transit.  We're approaching December at this point, so I thought I'd give a gentle noodge as reminder.

Thanks!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you, Shelli! I was just thinking the same thing about the user photo gallery... wondering where everyone's lovely faces are!

:hug:  :hug:
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good points to remember!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I check the Photo Gallery every couple days to see whose face appears... we all know you gals are out there!  Come out come out wherever you are!  bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

1. I don't want to post a picture of myself on the Internet.  I'd be happy to email it or post it somewhere with a password but I'm too nervous to post it publicly.

2. How long does it take for to send mail overseas?

Shelli, thanks again for organizing the Christmas card swap.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

w015.gif

My cards are in the mail and flying away!!! k020.gif  h024.gif

g100.gif

b014.gif

Look Julia-  I can do it too   g030.gif

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks for the reminder Shelli...I was just wondering about the Christmas card deadline earlie today.   I better get my hiney moving!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

No deadline, other than possibly Christmas Day itself.  And if you're like me, you're still sending cards out at New Year's (although I'm gonna try to beat THAT date with this particular card swap.  Ack!)

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

All done and dusted...as they say!  bear_thumb

Jane  bear_thumb

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I already sent all my 5 cards should be there soon i do every thing early.went to a birthday party  one week early a few years ago thats the earliest t i have ever been . bear_grin bear_grin :lol:Dilu you are so smart one day i will do that just dont know when.

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

I mailed mine yesterday.

Fran, I have already received your lovey card.  It made me feel very important to receive mail from Australia

Sandi

Deb Upstate New York

Me too Fran!  Just got it!  And the great pics!  Thank you!

Hehe, my family was pretty impressed too Sandi, that I was receiving personal mail from Australia! 
:dance:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the reminder Shelli.
We can always count on you.  e050.gif

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry I wish I'd known about this in time  bear_cry I would have LOVED to send Christmas cards to people, but I've joined too late I think. 

I haven't quite got my head around the whole picture thing yet  bear_wacko Some of my pictures come through, but others don't.  I don't know how to photo edit, so I tend to be a point and shoot type of person....and what you see is what you get.   bear_sad  Also....I avoid being in front of the camera like the plague... you'll usually find me clinging to it, snapping to pictures  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yes, Fran . . . I've received mine, too . . . thanks much and I loved the pictures, too!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Me too Debbie, but next year I will be there  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

My Christmas cards are coming til next week so I hope I won't be sending mine too late. 

What are the pictures of that Fran sent?  Are they of bears or people?  I'm a little worried about being in the swap because everyone is an artist and therefore creative.  I'm not an artist and I'm not creative nor crafty so I hope no one I send to will be disappointed.  bear_sad

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Chrissie, you're such a love.  We have rules and it's been stated that we can only include paper stuff, like confetti, or the like.  (I hope no one got creative and translated paper into "gift certificate."  Naughy bearmakers.)  So "creative" works for ALL swap participants in this case.  I'm sure people will be DELIGHTED to get your cards! 

Speaking just for myself, I adore my fellow bear artists... but were it not for bear COLLECTORS, I would not have the luxury (and it is one, I recognize, and am grateful) to be making my bears full time.  So you collector types ROCK, girlfriend!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay I posted a picture in the gallery :redface:
It took me all day though. for some stupid reason this won't take my jpg files and I had to convert it to gif to get it and my new avatar to load. bear_shocked
Kathy

OKay____ Little help here, My picture shows up in my profile but in the photo gallery just a big blank square with my name. I have been called square before but this is ridiculous. Help, Help!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Poooooooohhh!!  Kathy, I can't see your photo in the gallery!  But your avatar is super-duper cute!!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I'll send you my picture! bear_grin  I just can't get it to show up on the photo gallery???It's there in my profile file but not the photo gallery?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Kathy, if you'd like, I can check out/resize/whatever needs doing, to get your pics to load.  I believe the board will only accept .jpg files for posting.  Find me by clicking "email" under my avatar!

Deb Upstate New York
kathytaylor wrote:

I'll send you my picture! bear_grin  I just can't get it to show up on the photo gallery???It's there in my profile file but not the photo gallery?

This is what you do ... just yell QUY, HELP! ... and you'll probably have an answer soon!  bear_happy

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Cards ????
:redface:  :redface:  :redface:
Mmm... I think I must have a big look on the forum... I saw I missed a terrific bear swap... You know, I go and watch your bears maybe every day, thinking how gifted you all are, but I do not read all topics... I wish I understood english better ! ("swap'" meaned nothing for me before I read the forum topic)
So, if it's still possible for cards, here I am bear_original bear_original bear_original.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Chrissie, Darling, not everyone here is a pro or an experienced artist or anything like that.  Look at some of my mistakes and you'll get the idea.  Don't worry.;  Love and best wishes are much more appreciated than fancy pantsy stuff....be yourself and all will go well.   a034.gif

bear_tongue

Pages:

Board footer