Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

After drooling over Cathy's site the other day, we went down to a street stall here in Davao and I found a Singer RFJ8-8 made in Canada. It is pea green and has a little spotlight on the back. Awfully cute. The only damage I can see is a hole in the carry case. I see they are also referred to as the 185 series. She looks like this  http://www.7sew.com/singer/185j/index.html . Does any one know anything about them? I would love a featherweight. Ultimately would love Cathy's art deco one. But hey. Maybe one day when I am big. As usual I cant decide whether to get it or not. Would love advise.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I don't know anything about this machine but maybe Cathy does. You might ask her. If you really want a Featherweight you might reconsider one of Cathy's. I have bought 5 from her and she is really good about layaways.  bear_thumb You know you won't get a lemon with Cathy. They are all in meticulous condition.
bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I was going to say the same thing as Cyndee,  if you really want a featherweight then talk with Cathy.  Or get her opinion on the one you are looking at.

big hugs

Shane

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Caroylyn,
This machine looks very similar to mine.  Mine is not full size machine, but bigger than a featherweight.  Miine was in a cabinet and is made in Great Britain.  Bottom line, if it's an old singer in good condition, it's going to work great!  Will you have an opportunity to try it?  I think the color is great and if the price it right, I would snag it in a heart beat!

Hugs,
Alison

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Thanks Cyndee and Shane, I did contact Cathy. What a wonderful lady. And had almost decided not to get the machine and then... Alison thank you for your comment. I had just opened this thread when my hubby came into the sewing room. Ever practical he wanted to know what this machine could do that mine couldn't.... silly man. I had to explain that it was the same as wanting 2 Harley Davidson's in the garage instead of one. Now he gets it. Will have to wait till the weekend to go back and check it out again because it is in a very dodgy part of town, and last time I had to test a machine there was a whole crowd that trailed along to see what the "white chick" was doing. Just have to justify the weight of the thing really. We moved here with 2 suitcases a year and a half ago and will need a container when we leave.

Board footer