Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I just wanted to say that I have been really pre-occupied lately ...what with my  new Grand-daughter...and work has been horribly busy...I had flu too (yuck). We had my son and daughter in law and little baby Rosie ( two weeks old!!) staying with us for a week as their central heating and hot water system died and it took good old British Gas 10 days to fix it...(what would they have done if we couldn't have stepped in to the breach in this freezing weather)....

But anyway, I wanted to say that I just checked out all the lovely beary photos and without a doubt they are all brilliant...Penny, I am dead jealous of your needlefelting...I won't be doing it though....but I love the look of it. It's hard to comment on them all but suffice it to say that  it's an absolute pleasure to see all that creative work and I enjoy being part of the group.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Don't worry Jenny we guessed you had other things on your mind. New babies are hard work, well I only had one, say no more. I hope your NEC fair went well or was it London? Speak to you here soon.

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Amanda...thanks!! We had a brilliant day at the NEC....but I have had to cancel Hove ...no bears!!!
I am a finalist in the BBAA awards though so I am going down anyway...for a day out!!

Jenny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ack! What wonderful news, Jenny... why isn't this fabulous news broadcast loudly somewhere on this board?

I don't know much about the BBAA awards, but have heard of them. Please, let us in on the secrets!  Where is the nominee list?  Who sponsors the contest?  When will you hear the end results?

Congratulations to you!!!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Jenny, I think you have the best reason in the world to be pre-occupied!!! Enjoy your new grand-daughter while she's so little!  bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jenny - I've been wondering where you got to!!!

I'm so excited for you and Michele about the BBAAs!!!  YOu go girls! I"m rooting for the both of you! LOL

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

awwww Jen, Who could blame you?  We're so glad you have your
g030.gif

You just enjoy the dickens out of that little darlin and we will be happy when you do come by for a visit.  Maybe in 18 years?

:hug:

bear_tongue

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Good luck at your BBAA. !!!You go Girl! Hug that little baby for us too!!!!! :hug:
kathy

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Jenny,
Good luck with BBAAs - isn't it more than one category?? I saw the list in Mag in shop  bear_whistle  :clap:  bear_whistle  :clap:  bear_whistle  :clap:
Babies are great aren't they bear_original  bear_original
Have a lovely day at Hove
:hug:
Anne

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Jenny, congratulations on the new Grand-daughter!  bear_wub .... sorry about the other stuff. bear_sad
except the BBAA awards.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb 

Ummm.. I must confess I don't actually know what the BBAA awards are, (newbie feeling really dumb here.) except they must involve bears and awards so they they sound very exciting and being a finalist is awesome. Congratulations again!!

jenny wrote:

But anyway, I wanted to say that I just checked out all the lovely beary photos and without a doubt they are all brilliant... It's hard to comment on them all but suffice it to say that  it's an absolute pleasure to see all that creative work and I enjoy being part of the group.

Here! Here! and ditto. I am constantly impressed with everyone's creativity and talent here.

Bonnie

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Jenny, Thanks for stopping by,
That is wonderful reason to be  busy.  bear_wub
but I didn't know you had  flu...  bear_cry
Please take care of your self.  bear_original
and
Good luck with BBAA !!!  :hug:
I simply love & adore your bear and
can't wait to see your new bear.   bear_laugh
Hugs/Marie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Jenny - that is wonderful news of the BBAA awards - good luck.
Sorry to hear that you have had the flu.
Glad that you have been able to have your son and daughter in law and
little baby Rosie staying with you - what a special time.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jenny . . . good luck with the BBAA awards - your bears should win 'cause they're adorable!  And I'm glad you've had such a great time with your family - especially that cute baby!

warwickshire uk
Website

The British Bear Artist awards used to be run by Teddy Bear Times but now they are run in conjunction with them by a lady called Wendy Hobday who runs Dolls House, Bear and othe types of fairs I believe. I think there are 11 categorys including one for overseas entrants. They have a miniature category, dressed and bare (large and small), groups of bears and newcomer. Though in one category I notice only one finalist...I guess that's the winner then!!
I don't pretend it's got the same kudos as the Tobys or the Golden Teddy but , hey, it's nice to get picked for the finals of anything! (I'd win the 'laziest slob around' category at the moment as my sister has been on holiday these last two weeks and we have gone shopping almost every day, and of course I have had Rosie and Elizabeth to play with...today is my first proper bear making day for 3 weeks!!!) I like to enter awards because they get you noticed and a bit of publicity...and they make me try hard too!!

I ought to mention that Vicky from Humble Crumble Bears is also a shy finalist too...notably hasn't mentioned it either....he-he!! We aren't in the same categories so we're still mates....!!!!!!

My nominated bears are on my site under 'Awards Preview'......

Opinions much appreciated !

Pipa UK

your award bears are stunning Jenny !!! good luck with the BBAA !!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here's one link I found to the BBAA's for 2004; Jenny's Three O'Clock bear is in Category 3.  I'd recognize it right off!

But are these THIS year's award nominees, Jenny?  It says December, but is that this December... or last December?

Thanks for all the information, but I'm still confused.  I don't have access to TEDDY BEAR TIMES and dont' know much about this competition.  Can you tell me more, or provide the link to contest info, and/or to the nominations you're speaking of here, if this isn't it?

Thanks!

http://www.teddybeartimes.com/bearawards2004.asp

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh congrats Jenny.  Those bears are gorgeous, not surprising they are finalists.  Best of luck with the outcome.  :dance:  :dance:

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Shelli...I got nominated last year too....this was Bianca..my bear last year
( She won the Teddy Bear Times Award)...this years ones are on my website. The entries (photos) get sent in around October.. ish...my brian has gone fuzzy with sewing for the first time in three weeks today...but you had to have your entry form with your selected categories in by August. I am in categories 2, 3 and 5.

Then if you get picked you have to submit the actual bears for judging...on 11th December. So it pays to check them over!!!

Next year I promise I'll post the link to the call for entries when it surfaces in TBT...or you can contact the organisers direct...It's wendyhobday@freenet.co.uk

Jenny

ps: Anyone spot the deliberate mistake...I don't even know anyone called Brian...read 'brain' instead!!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Jenny,

Thanks for the education on the BBAA. I'm trying to soak up all this bear info as fast as I can so I won't be such a dummy! :redface:

I looked at your nominated bears and they are all simply darling. bear_thumb  I can't decide which I like the best. The little fishing bear in the overalls reminds me of my childhood, so I guess if I had to pick one as my favorite, I would pick him, but I love them all. bear_wub Congratulations again! Your bears are wonderful and I think the nomination is well deserved. bear_thumb I hope you win!

hugs,
Bonnie  bear_original

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Good luck Jenny with the BBAA I am sure you will do well. I hope you are well and truely over the flu. How lovely to have your granddaughter to stay for a few days. I hope she was a good girl for her Granmother, or is it Nana.

Board footer