Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Butterscotch-Chocolat-Twoso.jpgThese are my newest bears.  This is a photo from the eBay listing for BUTTERSCOTCH, so excuse the text, which doesn't quite make sense in this context, here at TT.

CHOCOLAT will post to my website (link in my signature!) shortly and is available for purchase, there.  www.potbellyarts.com 

BUTTERSCOTCH will be available on eBay for 7 days starting tonight, Sunday, May 3, at 7pm.   I think this link will work for you after 7pm tonight.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0353348258  If not, and you're interested in viewing my auction, try looking me up as "potbellybears" there.

This is my first eBay auction since they so radically changed their rules, so I'm a bit nervous about how all those changes -- and my sabbatical from auction listings! -- will impact this sale.  Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Thanks for looking. bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

They are both gorgeous!  Love their eyes!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  They should do very well on ebay  bear_thumb

tedsnsuch Teds 'n Such
Chicago
Website

They're beautiful Shelli! :)

Hugs,
Tyler

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

They are both wonderful, such beautiful eyes and expressions  bear_wub

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

They are both gorgeous with their beautiful eyes and facial expression! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion bear_original

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

So glad to see your wonderful bears being offered again- I have missed seeing them and I am sure they will do well on e-bay
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

baerenkinder baerenkinder
Freiburg - Black Forest

Two wonderful bears with perfect faces bear_wub
I like the eyes!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yippee . . . Shelli's bears are back!!!  These two are total perfection.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sallyanne Sally Anne Bears
Lincoln
Website

Ohhh...2 gorgeous darlings :hug:

Hugs
Sandra

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Aww, I love their noses -- is that acheived by continually sewing over and over again the same spot until you amass enough wool (I assume it's wool :/)?  The nose really complements those cow-like eyes.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Ohhh they are BOTH simply WONDERFUL, Shel!  I love their expressive eyes the most!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

It's great to see you making bears again. They have such sweet faces. I've missed them. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wonderful bears, love them the faces really speak to me  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

ThomasAdam wrote:

Aww, I love their noses -- is that acheived by continually sewing over and over again the same spot until you amass enough wool (I assume it's wool :/)? 

-- Thomas Adam

Hi Thomas!  Thanks for the kindness.

In answer to your question... YES, the noses are just a few built up layers of embroidery floss (the six-strand kind that you can get anywhere).  There's nothing under them like felt or padding; it's all floss.  I do shave the area under the nose completely and remove all mohair before stitching, though, to keep little hairy stragglers from poking through.

Hope this helps!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you so much to everyone for the sweet words about these guys.  You know, I've been selling for years now, and I've even had the good fortune to win a few awards and nominations.  But I swear, I always have that butterflies-in-the-stomach thing whenever I post a new piece for sale.  Will people like it?  Will it sell?  Will I be able to pay my Visa bill?  lol...

Your positive comments are totally appreciated.  Thank you so much. bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shelli! What A Beutiful Pair! I am so pleased to see your wonderful creations again!

These little guys are charming right down to their last little bits!

So good to see you again!

hugs Louise

Kessy Kesseys Bears
North Wales

They are gorgeous stunning beautiful what more can I say xxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb  :clap:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hey Shelli!  Awww... they are both so lovely, so yummy, and SO POTBELLY-ISH!!!!  Love, love,love them both!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: totally adorable :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  and those eyes. . .

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

stunning xx such beautiful faces x

Princess4Paws Princess4Paws Designs by Marge Wiese
Apopka, FL
Website

Hi Shelli,

They are both beautiful!  I love their eyes and great personality!

Hugs,
Marge

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Absolute innocence,  their faces are just beautiful
Joanne

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

They are wonderful Shelli.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Your bears have such wonderful, expressive faces.
Big Huggies,
Denise  :hug:

Board footer