Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hello all!

I found a hand moisterizer that is NOT greasy!   :dance:

My hands always get dry and cracked in the winter.... from the cental heating, working with mohair, and washing my hands so much cause I'm working on a bear bear_original   I'm almost always working on bears... so there's really not much time to put moisterizer on my hands... cause then my hands are all greasy.... and I don't want to get the mohair greasy.

Found a non greasy moisterizer!!  It was a sample on my Mane and Tail conditioner bottle.... but no stores around here carry the moisterizer (only the shampoos/conditioners). 

It's Hoofmaker by Mane and Tail.  My hands are doing so much better now cause I'm always putting the Hoofmaker on them (since it's not greasy!!!) 

Walgreens.com does carry the small 6 oz bottle for over $4 plus shipping... but then I checked out my favorite online pet supply place... KV Vet Supply.  I got a big 32 oz pump bottle for $12 INCLUDING shipping!  If you order $50 of stuff your shipping is free.  If your order is under $50, they just charge $5 for shipping.  The 32 oz bottle was $6.99. 

Been using this for a few days now and am SUPER happy bear_grin   I figured others here might have the same problem so I wanted to share :dance:

Oh, here's a link directly to the product on KV's page...

http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr.asp … 5B4FDC6FA6

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Laura, I love your avatar bear1 Such a character! bear_grin  bear_thumb

Thank you for the info.. My hands are always dry bear_shocked  . THANK you.  :hug:

e035.gif e035.gif e035.gif

HUGGS, Julia

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm a Cetaphil freak...

I have terrible chronic dry skin...my dermotologist had me use when when I was pregnant with my daughter (who will be 19 next week...EEEGADS!!)

It's a bit spendy...but I LOVE IT!!!

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Hey Gals,

Another good moisturizer is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion which can be purchased at Walmart.  It is also non-greasy and makes that dry skin feel soooo good.  It is fragrance free, absorbs quickly and contains natural oatmeal (oat flour) which is very soothing to the skin.

Also, I get those dry skin, cold weather cracks on my thumbs and fingers which makes bearmaking painful.  When they start cracking, I use Super Glue to hold them together so they heal.

It is that time of year, we have 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning, simply beautiful!!!

Hugs,

Wanda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Super Glue...... I've tucked that away with my helpful remedies! Hubby has that problem as much as I do! He'll love it!!

Don't laugh, but I use my Carmex lip balm on my cracked fingers and dry cuticles. 4 minutes and it's all soaked in and the dryness and pain is gone!

Mane and Tail has always had great products for human use!!! Great suggestion, Laura! Thanks!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Daphne wrote:

Don't laugh, but I use my Carmex lip balm on my cracked fingers and dry cuticles.

Daphne great idea there!  You know what else I use Carmex for?  My nose LOL!  You know... when it's all red from using a tissue too much?  I also found that it also helps clear your sinuses when you put it on your nose (or under your nose) because of the menthol!

Julia, thank you!  Thought it was way past time to change my avatar bear bear_original

Super glue!!??  I'll remember that one! 

Cetaphil... I love their face cleansing wash!!  I tried many before I found this one bear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I don't have a Mane or Tail - can i still use it at as i don't have Hooves either?

If i start using it will i begin to chew the excelsior stuffing?

Penneigh  bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL  you crack me up penny!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

LOL Penny!!!!

I was just going to post.... yes, this was designed (and still used) to strengthen horses hooves.  As it is applied by hand, people noticed what a great moisterizer it was... AND... it helped their nails own too! 

I am another one of those "nail biters" and I think the "mane"  bear_whistle  reason is my nails are so brittle.  I've been using this stuff for just 2-3 days and I notice a difference in my nails already too!

Gee..... I think Mane and Tail needs to hire me to do info-mercials  bear_grin

clippety clop clippety clop clippety clop - Penneigh is here again.  bear_rolleyes

Bet you can't buy it over here in Britain can you Laura?

I'm gonna put my numnah on now and trot off down to the vets to see if i can get some

bear_tongue

Nicholasville, KY
Website

LOL!!!!

Penny if you can't find it locally... here's a link to KV Vet Supply's page for their overseas customers:

http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/assets/html/ … se&GiftID=

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Penny - I think you need your own comedy show on the BBC!

I would love that Sue Ann - but i doubt the BBC could afford me  bear_tongue

bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thank you Laura Lynn

I used your link and went to KV.....free shipping and I got 2 bottles; 13.98.

I used to use vet b12 injectable because it was $3.5 a bottle and people pharmacy was $7.5 a bottle- (good old days)

Any way appreciate you heads up on this product.

bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

when I saw KV i thought it was KY as in KY Jelly eewww.. you spreading lube on your hands dilu?   bear_laugh    bear_laugh   bear_shocked

Daphne et.al.  Here in the states they now use crazy glue in surgeries and sometimes in the ER for minor type wounds.  Why no?  It works.

dilu

when I saw KV i thought it was KY as in KY Jelly eewww.. you spreading lube on your hands

ha ha aha aha ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kimmy you just blow me away sweetie  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am an  bear_innocent

yeah, me too  bear_whistle

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HA HA HA  :twisted:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim, I thought that too at first!  bear_laugh   bear_wacko

Penny & Laura, I know a couple of people who use Mane & Tail products in their hair.... great for dry, coarse, brittle hear types! (I haven't heard them start whineying yet!)

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HA HA HA!!!!  bear_laugh

Penny & Laura, I know a couple of people who use Mane & Tail products in their hair.... great for dry, coarse, brittle hear types! (I haven't heard them start whineying yet!)

but i bet they keep jumping over fences instead of using the gates  bear_tongue

Pen, Kim, please stop....no don't stop....laughing is good for us....thank you ladies

I hope it helps.....

in your hair? hmmmmm

As long as I don't start plopping in the street and chewing oats in public....I already do the sugar cube thing......

just got back from the doctor's.....I have a stress induced dermatitis....The good thing is it's not chocolate.....nor any medications.....the bad thing is WHAT STRESS  c030.gif

Since the doc used to make teddies too she thought it pretty amusing.

Oh dear, how stressful this all is.   m010.gif  m015.gif  m020.gif

hmmmm  have to evaluate my ever so hectic life!

must be the smilies

491.png

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Dilu wrote:

As long as I don't start plopping in the street and chewing oats in public....I already do the sugar cube thing......

a055.gif  I just woke my husband up with my outburst of laughter! a065.gif

Board footer