Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Draco2.JPGDraco.JPGStill working on my baby dragon. This guy is fighting me every step of the way!!  bear_angry
Here is the first prototype, he stands about 3.5" tall. He still needs wings but I wanted to get the rest of him worked out first. His legs are too long, so I'll have to re-do them.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

he is very cute!!!  bear_wub

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww - makes me all Harry Potter 'ish' - what a sweety!!   Lovely!!!   bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

what a wonderful dragon

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome!  If it's not a secret... what fabric did you use to make him?  He looks all bum-ple-y.

Aurora, Colorado

Shelly,
It's some textured medium pile cashmere. It does have a 'scaley' look, that's why I used it. This one is 'Tufted Rust'.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

REEEAAAAALLLLLYYY cute, Stephanie!!!  Can't wait to see more!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow ! He is so cute ! Will this one be adoptable ?

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

I love Dragons bear_wub
I have a dragon Tatoo  bear_thumb
I have tried a baby dragon - with log pile green u velvet - I did his wings with a textured leather inner - If I can get a better picture of him at the weekend I will post him - but I just love this dragon !! :clap:  :clap: Especially his hands - but I do not understand why you think his legs are wrong  bear_rolleyes  I think his legs are great like the rest of him :dance:  :dance:
:hug:
Anne

Aurora, Colorado

I don't think his legs are REALLY BAD, they're just not what I see in my head. The thigh needs to be a little thicker and they are a little long. Plus, he has 'fingers' so I want him to have toes too. I woke up in the middle of the night (last night) with a visual pic of how to make the legs/feet. Good thing I still remember it since I didn't come downstairs to draw it!
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Anne, I'd love to see your dragon. I think we ALL have some of that green long pile!!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Yes Yes Toes would be wonderful bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Does your mind picture have claws??
I wish I could draw - I just get in there and cut and sew away - not a designer per se a bit of a nip and tuck person me bear_grin  bear_grin
Will look forward to next picture updates bear_original  bear_original
:hug:
Anne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh he is adorable!!!!!!!!!! Well done!   :clap:   He makes me wanna cuddle him!

Danni

Aurora, Colorado

Yes, I see claws on him, just haven't quite figured out how to put them on. Was going to use ultrasuede like his spikes. Will have to see. He's still 'in the works'.
This one is a prototype so probably won't be sold.
I'm sending him to the corner for a while to think about what a pain he has been!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

ooooooo Stephanie......

I think he is way cool......but the things you brought up that you want to change sound good too......He is a great launching point....love his fabric.  love the scales going down too....very clever.

I think your work is awesome....

bear_tongue

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Yes, Yes he is wonderful!!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I really like this guy, Stephanie! Soooo cute!

Don't make him sit in the corner too long...he looks too innocent to have been a pain on purpose...don't want a sad little dragon.  bear_sad

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I love him. So glad you decided to join this board!
Maybe as a baby dragon he just needs wing buds? Dragons don't get their
full wings until they're grown and everyone knows that takes many many years!
He is darling right now tho.
:dance:
Marion

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Steph he is gorgeous! What a creative and talented lady you are!

Many Hugs Louise

Aurora, Colorado

Great idea Marion!  :dance:
I pinned some wings on him and they just didn't look right. It wasn't the shape of the wings, just the wings in general. 'Buds' will look really good.
Looks like we'll be spending some 'quality time' together tonight! bear_grin  bear_grin
By the way, I collect dragons. Got some really beautiul ones. Only 1 baby though, he's just cracking out of his egg.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I have a dragon collection as well - just love them. I have five or six baby dragons, some hatching and some horsing around together made from resin I guess. I also have a small pewter baby dragon curled up sleeping with his teddy bear. Then there are the two hand-crafted oriental dragons from my daughter in Thailand I love. The prize of my collection is a 6 foot wall hanging about 3 feet wide of an oriental dragon that my mother made using a stained-glass effect. The colours are absolutely gorgeous and it took her a couple of hundred hours of work. That one is definitely coming with me when I go cause I'm not leaving it to anyone else!!! bear_wub 

Marion

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hmmmm Just looked at him again today....He's even cuter....you are on to a super neat pattern here, and I bet it will be very marketable.  Who wouldn't want this guy?
g030.gif  g025.gif  g035.gif  g040.gif

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Stephanie, your dragon is cute. I love all the ideas coming in here. Dragons are fun. I plan to sew one, but so far I have only crocheted one (no pattern if anyone was wondering).

Sabine

image1.jpg

Deb Upstate New York

Ohhhhh ... glad I visited "Miniatures".  Great dragons!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

dragon-hand.jpgbig-family.jpgOohh Stephani, Love that dragon. I think he's perfect.
I love dragons, I scuplt them as you can see. I've been thinking of drafting a dragon pattern from my sculpts. Just not sure how to do that.

Sabine, that's really great!. Amazing with no pattern!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oooh, Heather those are adorable. Fimo?

Sabine

Board footer