Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

JasmineB400.jpgJasmine400.jpgThis is Jasmine, she stands 10" tall. I've been making minis forever, so she seemed ENOURMOUS when I was sewing her up!
Actually, she is the 2nd large bear I've done. The first was a mess. I found out the hard way that you can't just enlarge a mini pattern really big. The proportions were all way off.
I used some quality synthetic and hand-painted her eyes. I sure got a lesson in trimming the face!  bear_grin
I need more practice. Usually not much to trim on minis.
I used a plastic safety nose and covered it with black Ultrasuede. I must say it was a lot easier than stitching the nose. I do the nose last and am always terrified I will ruin the whole bear!!!  bear_cry

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Stephanie - her nose is beatiful!!!!!!!!   I can't see a thing wrong with it!

The bear is really gorgeous - well done!

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful "big" bear, Stephanie!!  Look forward to seeing more from you!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

She's beautiful Stephanie! bear_wub

I love her fur, it looks frosted, shimmery.

Wonderful job!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Bonnie

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wonderful big one ! He seems to be so soft... He is asking for a hug !

Irene Irenours-bears
France

PERFECT :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Stephanie wrote:

The first was a mess. I found out the hard way that you can't just enlarge a mini pattern really big. The proportions were all way off.

Stephanie,

I've been wanting to do that very thing but have been a bit afraid of trying it.  Did you just redraw your pattern larger...or what exactly.  There seems to be mixed info on this very subject.   Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Shantell

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Stephaine your bear is fabulous  .

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

wow Stephenie, what a lovely bear

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Shantell,
Mini bears need a more exagerated shape going on. And the pieces are so small that even the tinyest seam allowance can change the whole shape of a part. I'm sure you know all that.
But when I blew it up, the arms and legs were way too fat. Especially since the fur on bigger bears makes them look even bigger. I had to slim down the arms and legs and shrink the head a bit in proportion to the body. Also, the face was out of proportion, had to slim down the muzzle a bit too.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Absolutely stunning. Love that fur, so soft and touchable hugable.
kathy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

He is beautiful! It seems so funny to me that 10" is big! I think 10" is small! He is lovely!

Many Hugs Louise

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He's great. He has all the style your mini's do.
Love him!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh I was thinking the same....10 inches is an inch bigger than my mini furs  bear_laugh   

He's absolutely adorable, though  bear_wub  You've done a wonderful job with him  bear_thumb

Board footer