Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

You can't imagine how happy I am today - yesterday my son Michael had his examination for the technical college here in Austria near our city where we live. He came home and was quite unsure, if he did it well or not - you can imagine my nervs!!!! I was down with my nervs, couldn't even work on at my bears because of all the worries I had ........ at the college they told him, that he will have to wait at least one week to know, if he will be accepted or not ....... what a week I thought - what a week full of worries, full of minds about what will be if not .........  bear_wacko

and today in the morning - when I was sitting in the office and working at my AUTO-Cad plan - suddenly I received an email from the college  bear_thumb and they said that he has been accepted ..........  bear_thumb oh my God  bear_thumb ........ I made a big yell and I cried with joy .......... in a moment the future for my son has changed into a better future hopefully. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

As a mom you suffer more for the things that happen to your children than for everything that happens to yourself. It is so hard to stay here and watch how your children try hard and you can't do anything in this moment to help them ........ they have to do all alone ................. I'm sooooooo happy happy happy - you can't imagine - this is one of my best days today!!!! :dance:  :clap:  bear_thumb

Please be happy together with me - hugs from Austria to all of you :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

That is SO wonderful!  Congratulations to you both!  My Mom once told me that a mother is only ever as happy as her least happy child.  I totally get that now... I totally understand how you feel all the worry, sadness, anxiety.  But, obviously, when they succeed... you get all that joy and pride 10 fold! 

:clap:  :hug:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

That's good news.  What sort of technical college is this?  I work as a software engineer, so such things always interest me.

You should make him a teddy bear in celebration.  :D

-- Thomas Adam

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Great news Andrea!!
Best to your son!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congratulations to Michael . . . hooray!!  I'm sooooo pleased for you both!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

A huge congratulations to Michael.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  What a relief for you Andrea, and so good that you can now relax. I have had many times like this with my kids and it's as much, if not more, worries for us mums as it is for our children. My son has just won a most coveted place at a top London Drama Studio and I'm so, so happy for him, so I can really relate to how you are feeling.
Well done Michael and well done Andrea for having a clever son. Andrea you can now sit down, sew bears and let your nerves take a big rest.  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Thank you dear ladies for all your kind words - yes indeed I'm really happy happy and now I can sit down and relax.  bear_wub
@ thomas Adam - my son will study timber technologies - this college is the most famous and wellknown in Austria and they have also have some semester in a foreign country ........ I will report to you ........ he will start in September!!!

I'm so happy to have some calm time in the future now!!!! Hugs from Austria to all of you!!! :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Andrea!!!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I am so happy for you and your son!!  Yes, that is one thing I have really tried to impress upon my daughter... to be able to support herself and get a good job!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations, Andrea. I know the feeling of worrying about your children. I think it's just part of being a parent.

Kim, I like what your mother used to tell you. I've never heard that before, but it is so true. I'm going to remember that.

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

:dance:  :clap: Yaaaay! Congratulations on this next step!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

congrats!  :clap:   :dance:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Dear Andrea wonderful news in these times every opportunity needs to be taken to get our children out there and ready as Laura Lyn said, my daughter is 13 and started high school this year and I worry like other mums about what our children will do / be achieve? How do you put an old head on young shoulders? Scary times ahead I think. Well done to Michael congrats! Jane wonderful news about your son too! You must both be very proud.

Hugs
Raewyn

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Yea well done Michael!  :dance: Andrea someone said to me when my son was born that when you become a mum you lose your peace of mind....which is so true as part of your heart is always with them....wherever they are and whatever they're doing  bear_wub

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Dear Ladies - thanks again for all your wonderful words found for my son's permission. some of your comments also brought me to tears - beeing a mom is one of the best thing in the world (better than creating bears - hihihi) and I won't miss having my two darlings also  bear_wub  if there are so many hours in my life full of worries and tears and pain. But they are all my love and my happyness - having children makes life worth!!!! :clap:

Now have to return back to my bears - they are calling me - and my "best husband in all over the world" is looking after our lunch ..........  :dance:

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Congratulations to you and your son!!!
I'm sooo happy for both of you.
I can remember how nervous I was when I had my exam for the designing-school, I thought everything had gone wrong!
After the exam, they told us we could call them within the next days to find out if we had been accepted.
I was  sure I hadn't  made it that, so I didn't call. bear_sad
And then they called me to tell me that I was actually accepted! :dance:

Finally, I had a great time at that school and I hope your son will have that, too bear_thumb

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh that is wonderful news.  :clap:  :clap:  So do tell, what area of study will he be focusing on?

Board footer