Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Mandicrafts Mandicrafts
Oakville
Website

Hi
I'm a collector and LOVE teddies!  I have not tried to make a bear (yet), but I do admire the talent!!  I have a house full of teddies.  Here are some of them for those that are interested!!

Any Aussies out there who can tell me where to get a book that details the real fur koalas and their ID etc?  I had one friendly ebayer say such a book existed as she had one.  One of my fur koalas is jointed and some fur has rubbed off but he is in amazing condition and she said he could be quite valuable according to her reference book.  I've never found one on any book sites or anything!!!

Mandicrafts Mandicrafts
Oakville
Website

smallbear-021.jpgsmallbear-009.jpgsmallbear-010.jpgsmallbear-011.jpgsmallbear-012.jpgsmallbear-013.jpgbear-018.jpgsmallorig-chow.jpgsmallbear-020.jpgI've tried to post photos but I don't see any of them.  Am I doing something wrong?
New try with Windows Picture Manager that I didn't even know I had!!

OK I've been successful!!  As you can see I focus on koala bears, older bears, and Steiff Royal Bears!!  On the tower, the one at the top is my childhood teddy whom I think could be a Chiltern, or Twyford?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

make sure your photos are jpeg, and make sure they are the right size.   Use the uploader at the bottom, after you post go to edit and the bottom uploader will show up.  I am not sure of the size requirements,  I just know I always have to make mine small in order for them to show up.  I would love to see pictures of your bears.
Joanne

Mandicrafts Mandicrafts
Oakville
Website

Sorry, I don't know how to make my photos smaller to post.....

Bloomsburg, PA

I don't know how to help you with that,  I use photoshop elements to do mine.  There are very computer savvy people on this site, I am sure someone will know.
Joanne

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Here is a free site where you can resize your photos and do all kinds of other things with them.  www.picnik.com

kynthia Posts: 140

if you are using Windows, you should have Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can click on Picture>>Resize in the toolbar and you can then resize it to any size you need.

That's how i resize mine.  bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Mandy what a wonderful bear hug!!!!  I just love  bear_wub  seeing photos of people's teddy bears!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow!!!  You are so lucky to have so many wonderful bears!!  Thanks for showing us  bear_flower

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Those are some really nice Bears!   bear_cool

I think it's nice when humans let their Bears have pets.  A lot of ours have pet ducks.  One has a pet hedgehog.

Your shelving looks nice but what did those Bears in the middle picture ever do in order to wind up in jail?!  bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy

How many Bears do you think live in your hug?

Bloomsburg, PA

What a luck lady you are to have such a wonderful collection.  I really love the older bears,  I have a small collection of them too.  I also really like that big Steiff koala.  My favorite is that sweet little brown bear under the lamp.  Do you know what he is?  He is really adorable
Joanne

Mandicrafts Mandicrafts
Oakville
Website

The little dark brown bear under the lamp is an older Knickerbocker, made in the USA!

My Steiff chow dogs are from the 1920's - the original guys!

The biggest Steiff koala holding Eucalyptus leaves is a LE in honour of the San Diego Zoo.

Some of the other makers featured is Wendy Boston, Chiltern, Twyford, JK Farnell, Jackas, Lefray, Hermann, Merrythought, a possible Peacock, a couple of possible Pedigrees, some artist bears, etc etc!!!!

mjbears mjbears
northants

wow what a hug of bears they are all so adorable...

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Mandy, what fun to see all your hug, I just love them all - oh the mischief they must get up to when you are not around bear_original  Tea parties with lots of honey I bet!

Beary Hugs to you and your teddies,
Catherine

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Aww, what a lovely hug indeed!  :)  I see a lot of Steiff teddies, no?  :)

What's the name and maker of the large yellow teddy bear?  :)

You must have taken a lot of time to build up that collection, I bet.

-- Thomas Adam

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Mandy,

What a great family of teddies you have there; I suppose they have pretty much taken over your entire home  bear_tongue  !

As Thomas already asked; I was wondering as well how long you have been collecting these wonderful teddies?

Is the hug still growing and growing and growing and growing...   bear_grin ?

Hugs,

Peter

P.S. I love the Merrythought teddy with the clay pipe (I have one as well  :dance: )

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Your collection is great!  I love all of the Koalas. 

Hugs,
Alison

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  VERY nice collection, Mandy!

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Nice to see such a hug of bears to be loved - congratualtions for all your darlings and may the hug continue to grow ........

beary hugs from Austria  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

great collection! thanks for sharing it.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I just love to see big collections and yours is right up there I just love the Koala's  bear_wub  how many in your hug?

Raewyn

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wow what a wonderful hug you have, some absolute beauties there  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very lovely collection Mandy and thanks for sharing the photos.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Mandicrafts Mandicrafts
Oakville
Website
ThomasAdam wrote:

Aww, what a lovely hug indeed!  bear_original  I see a lot of Steiff teddies, no?  bear_original

What's the name and maker of the large yellow teddy bear?  bear_original

You must have taken a lot of time to build up that collection, I bet.

-- Thomas Adam

Hi!
I think you mean the large bear near the lamp?  She is a vintage Wendy Boston bear, and she has her seam tag that simply says Wendy Boston, which is unusual.  She is in lovely condition and I found her at an Antique Market Mall in St Jacobs Ontario!

I have been collecting for several years and YES, they have taken over my home!  Our "guest" bedroom is basically the Teddy Room, with the glass cabinets and all other surfaces populated by teddies!  Some have crept into our bedroom on little chairs and shelves and some are now in our computer room!

Bosley is a new collector's club edition I bought recently, directly from Merrythought from their website.  Being in Canada I save the VAT!

....and to answer another's question, yes, there are LOTS of Steiff!  Also a lot of Hermann, who like to issue Royal bears too!

Thanks for all your messages!  I am quite proud of my hug!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Now that's a hug and a half!!  bear_wub  bear_flower

Board footer