Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Christian-24.jpgChristian-13.jpgChristian-18.jpgChristian-10.jpgChristian-1.jpgHi everyone.  Here is my latest design, Christian the lion.  This cub was inspired by the true story of a lion cub purchased from Harrods Department store in England in the early 1970's.  Christian was rasied then released successfully in Africa.  It's a wonderful story so I decide to create Christian when he was a young cub.

This lion cub is life sized.  Head to tail 32", head to rump 18".  Markings are airbrushed.  He is hand sewn from real alpaca fur.  He has a double jointed neck, glass eyes, leather toes and pads,  Heavily weighted paws for posing.  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's gorgeous, Judi! A lovely homage to the real-life cub Christian and to cats in general.

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Another wonderful lion.  I just love your work bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

mjbears mjbears
northants

omg he is beautiful i adore him very much i am a leo star sign and have fallen in love with him what a cute facex great job judix

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww what an absolute beauty he is, love the picture in the middle just laying down  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Ladies.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   I fell in love with the You-Tube video played to Whitney Housten's "I Will Always Love You."  If you have not seen this  you should .  It will make you cry.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

What a handsome boy Judi...love him bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Beautiful !  His eyes are incredible.
really really nice job...He's wonderful bear_wub  bear_wub

Kind Regards,
Lee Ann

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

wow! bear_shocked christian is very realistic and quite a cute chap! bear_laugh

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Stunning creation, love your work! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion bear_original

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Judi,

You have done an amazing job with him. If I didn't know better I would think he is real.

Hugs,

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Found the video Judi,  if anyone is interested in seeing it.  You have done a beautiful job, very lifelike and so adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWtRYaxmWM

big hugs

Shane

Abby&Ellie Originalz Mylo, North Dakota

Hi Judi!
He's gorgeous! I just love him and his story. I have heard and watched his story. I was sobbing after watching it...truly a touching story.
Another work of art! Wonderful job!
With kindest regards, Patsy

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hey Sis, he is wonderful, just beautiful work as always!!!  :clap:  :clap:

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

He is truly stunning, Judi! I am so impressed! I love how you sculpted his face, he is amazingly realistic.

Aeri

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Judi, he's beautiful. You really have managed to capture the nature of the beast! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

His eyes are mesmerising!  Amazing.  His fur looks so lovely and soft.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You ae all so kind ro me.  Thank you ever so much. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks for the link Shane.  I just love that clip. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  and never tire of watching it.

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

speechless  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: absolute perfection Hugs Lynne xxx  bear_wub

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

Beautiful  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  He has such captivating eyes! bear_wub

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Hi Judi,
Your Christian is absolutely gorgeous.  I love his face, it is so real looking - his eyes are amazing.
Hugs,
Janice

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is amazing!  You've given him such a winning personality!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

awwwww Judi bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  what a fluffy cutiepie!!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Judy, when you make you big cats, you can see the incredible love you have for these animals, it comes right through in their faces every time you make one.  I love the story of Christian,  I keep it bookmarked on my computer and every once in a while I watch it and get all teary at the happy ending, and the love that can be between man and beast. What a wonderful tribute, he is just beautiful
Joanne

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

He is amazing! Christian looks so real you can almost hear him roar!
Wonderful eyes, Stunning work!

hugs
Birgitta

Board footer