Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

bear_wub Hi everyone. I was just woundering how long you had been bear making before you started selling your bears. I have been making bears for about a year. Entered a few competitions and been lucky enough to place. I joined my local teddy bear club we are havin a stall and they want me to make a couple of bears to sell. I dont know if I am good enough or should I just give it a go. bear_flower   bear_wub

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I think you've been making bears for long enough!!!!  I don't think there's a set time frame that you should follow, just start selling when you feel ready!!!

Sounds like you've done well in competitions also - that doesn't come down to luck - it comes down to hard work!!!!

Go for it, oh and remember, we want photos and we want to know how you get along!
Danni

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I agree with Danni. Go go for it!  :dance:

I want pictires too!  bear_smile

Godd luck, and congrats!! :hug:  bear_grin

HUGGS, Julia

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was making bears for about a year before I started selling.

I don't think time matters any where near as much as the quality and look of your work. If you are confident in your designs then go for it! Others obviously like your work if you've placed in competitions.

Selling is a great way to get collector feedback which can be invaluable to the future of your bear making career. You'll learn what folks like and don't like and see what styles sell, what don't. This will help give you direction.

It's such a great experience! Do it! Do it!  bear_thumb   bear_flower

Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne and Danni  and Julia hit it on the head......

Go for it honey

181.png

bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Tania !!!
I agree to everyone,
I don't really think time matters.  bear_smile If you are confident in your work
go for it !!!  bear_thumb   :dance:

Let's glow this bear world.  bear_flower
Hugs/Marie

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Tania if you feel confident then go for it ...... you will never know if you don't give it a try

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I started making teddy bears in September 2002 and I did my first fair the following May.

I absolutely agree that it isn't how long you've been doing something that matters...it's how good you are at doing it. Doing something for years doesn't necessarily make you good at it or buy you a natural talent....Some people can just 'do it' almost from day one....maybe becuase needlwork is their thing anyway...or they have an artistic bent. Me, well I was a total dunce in the needlework class at school...but the need to strive to make bears made me learn how to do it. I'm still learning.

If you are getting good feedback from people that's all that counts...

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I been making bears for a while now and i have sold some funny looking ones i might add, and i still think i am not good enough  .but too my surprise people like them. so start selling girl friend  .

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu you are getting very smart these days

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HI Tania

You should go ahead with it honey - have you not sold your bears before?

If you are good enough to enter competitions and get placed then you're good enough to sell sweetie.

Good luck with it if you decide to go ahead and as ususal - POST THE PICCIES!!!!!!
We are extremely nosy here at TT and your life wont be worth living if you don't post piccies - we'll just keep on asking till you give in!
bear_laugh   bear_tongue   bear_grin

GOOD LUCK  bear_thumb

Penny  bear_wub

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

I have been making bears for a year, and have recently sold my first one.  I'm still not very confident either!

Helen

Board footer