Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

nettie scotland
Website

Hi ,
I think the end is nigh for wee scones.I cant fight this financial crisis any longer.I am selling off the last of my bears at cut down prices.
I hope life is going better for all all of you
Hugs Diane xxx
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … 3237f6113a

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I am so sorry to hear that Diane  bear_cry

Have sent you a PM about one of your bears x

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm so so sorry Diane bear_sad  I will miss seeing your wee bears bear_sad  Be sure to stay in touch, we'll all miss you  :hug:  :hug:

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

As the happy owner of one of your lovely pandas, I am SO sorry to hear you are thinking of giving up.  Good luck with whatever you do in the future!

Regards

Sue

avateddy Posts: 1,361

I'm very sad to hear that  bear_sad

Olga

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

I'm so very sad to hear this for you are a true artist. And I'm very thankful to have a few of your darling bears living with me bear_wub  bear_wub   Is there anything I can do to help?
Wishing you all the best.  I hope you will stay in touch with us here at TT. :0)

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I'm sad to hear that, your bears are adorable!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

It would be so sad if you stopped making your Wee Scones Diane...I just love them and you are so talented. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I have sent you an e mail regards one of your bears bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear you are thinking of finishing your extremely gorgeous bears. bear_cry  bear_cry
Will miss seeing all your pics. :photo:
Please keep in touch with the bear world! bear_grin

Love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a sad post, Diane!  Wee Scones are so dear, but certainly being in a financial bind is cause to do what you have to do for survival.  I wish you much good luck in whatever you decide to do and hope you'll visit us often to let us know you're okay.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry to hear that too.  Ebay sales haven't been what they should for a lot of us lately.  I hope that things pick up soon and that you won't be able to resist the teddy bears for long as I'll miss seeing your adorable bears too.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Diane,
I'm sorry to read this post. As you know I have many of your bears. They are delightful.
I hope this is really a "See ya later" rather than a "good bye".  bear_cry
Hugs and the best to you,  :hug:
Cyndee

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Ditto what Cyndee said.  Things are going to get better. The economy can't stay this way forever.  You will be missed Diane while you are gone. Don't deprive the World of your wonderful bears for too long  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Diane,  The teddy bear world, and especially the collectors will really miss your wonderful creations.  I certainly hope that maybe your bears might just be going into "hibernation" for a little while and that in some time in the future, we may see you creating again.  All the best for whatever you decide to do.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Wee Scones can never really go away as long as you are still around.
The knowledge is in your head, the talent is in your hands and the creativity is in your heart.  Those are things you can't just "put away."  They are always with you wherever you go and nobody can ever take them away from you.

Go ahead and find homes for all the Bears you have now then put your sewing basket in the closet.  Your Bear business can just hibernate for a while.  If and when your situation improves you can always get your sewing stuff out of the closet and start working again.

Just say that Wee Scones are in "indefinite hibernation" until further notice.  bear_happy

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Truly a sad day if you really don't make anymore bears.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad   You do such divine work!!! Hope you at least make one every once in awhile if you can.
Best of luck to you though in what ever endeavor you begin!
Beth

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

This makes me so very sad.  bear_sad  bear_cry  bear_sad  bear_cry  bear_sad  I do hope it can just be ta-ta for now and not forever.

Warmest bear hugs,
Aleta

P.S.  I didn't realize you were on Facebook.   :doh:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Diane,
      You know how I feel about your bears - I don't collect many teddies but I can't imagine my small hug without my three Wee Scones.  I still have the UK magazine, where I first saw your teddies, years before I met you and I knew then that I had to have one.   Your personality is in each of your creations and they are unique.  Sending hugs and warm thoughts.

hugs

Brenda xx

nettie scotland
Website

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words.Its something I have been forced in to sadly.I hope to keep going as long as I have materials left but I have no plan to fix things so far.I am still selling lots of bears but the prices have dropped .Its always been a struggle as I am on my own with a daughter.I have been a stay at home mum and bought a house outright thanks to wee scones so I have no right to complain really.I have lost customers due to the financial crisis and seen a lot of my bear friends struggle.I think its a viable job these days if you have a partner with an income but its tough going trying to support a household and put a child through university the way things are.I am going to try and sell my house and perhaps be trailor trash for a while to ride it out.(we dont actually have that expression here and the caravan parks are beautiful)I may yet get a better plan .I had a great response to my sale and also got orders so I may get another few weeks of bear making giving my brain a chance to come up with something.
Once again many thanks for the support.
Hugs Diane xx

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Diane, I am very sorry too, that you are struggling so much!
I really hope things will soon get easier for you.

I wish I could be one of your customers, but I too am victim of the crisis and as long as I am still jobless, i must stay realistic and not spend my money to treat myself.

I am sure you will come to a good ways of solving problems. Hopefully, you will eventualy manage to keep making bears at a slower pace.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Things will change - just believe in those change - you can't leave all your bears in your mind, who aren't born again ....... I hope you will come back to the bear-scene soon - hugs to you from Austria

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Diane,

I was really sad to read your post. bear_cry
Hoping that things can improve for you,  they are saying that things are going to get better soon.

Sending hugs and best wishes.
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Diane that's so sad, youre such a stunning artist and will be missed, lets hope you can still keep your toe in while perhaps persuing other things.   :pray:   Keep in touch dear friend.  xxx

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Best of luck with your plans Diane, I will miss your lovely creations... like everyone else I hope you come back to us in the future, you are so talented, it will be a great loss if you don't.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I commented on FB already but wanted to add a few words here, too.  PLEASE just hibernate your bearmaking for a while; something that's more than understandable in the current financial climate.  Do what you need to do to be fiscally safe and sound.  Take care of YOU, and know you're well loved and supported as you do.

But please keep open the idea that you can still make bears, even if in a different way, perhaps as a hobby instead of a career -- at least for a while.  Truly, the world would be a more empty place without more darling, special Wee Scones in it.

Many hugs and heaps of empathy and support to you, hon.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer