Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

HPIM8923.JPGHPIM8932f.JPGHPIM8930f.JPGThere are a few things different about this little piggy. She's the first weighted felty that I've done and her wings are embroidered and hand dyed with koolaid. I really like the way they turned out.

Iris was weighted with steel shot to give her some heft and a real feel. I like the dichotomy between the lightness of her wings and her weight. It speaks to me of the sheer impossibility of a pig's flight. Her delicate antennas are thin beading wire that has been felted with black llama wool and a black onyx bead was attached to the end.
Her reserve price is $145.00 and her Buy it Now price is $224.00. The starting bid is $9.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0372577345

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Iris is a delight!  She proves that the impossible can happen, that pigs can fly, that miracles and the unexpected happen all the time!  Flutter happily, Iris!  Well done !   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

avateddy Posts: 1,361

FABULOUS!!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Iris is absolutely adorable!

hugs,

Brenda

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

BEAUTIFUL XXX
INFACT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLUTTER PIGLET IV EVER SEEN X bear_wub

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I knew it!
They really can fly!!
Adorable! Sweet face. bear_original

Johannesburg, California

Thanks everyone :-)! bear_wub

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

what a cutie!

my-sherri Tanya
St. Petersburg
Website

What beautiful wings.  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:
Tatiana.

svenstrup Svenstrup Originalz
Malling, Denmark

Wauw... this one is just too cute! Oh my god she is lovely....  beautiful work!!  :hug:

Johannesburg, California

Thanks for the compliments on Iris! they really mean a lot to  bear_wub me!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Love, love your pigs, and this one is especially wonderful.  Are her wings felted also?  What an irresistible face, just fantastic.
Joanne

bears by becca bears by becca
Perth
Website

I think I need a flutter piglet in my household!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Johannesburg, California

thanks Becca & Joanne! bear_wub
Joanne, her wings were felted from Corriedale. Then they were boiled in Orange Koolaid. When they dried, I  embroidered them and detailed the edges with llama wool. I ironed them to heat set the dye.

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

I LOVE baby pigs and being a flutter piglet makes her even more special!! Just lovely!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

So adorable. This inspires me to get my needlefelting bag out again and try to make some butterflies! Maybe a mobile for my granddaughter. So cute.

Johannesburg, California

Thanks Kimmi & Barbette!
I'm thinking of trying to nuno felt the next pair of fairy wings I do.  Nuno felting is a wet technique that produces a sheer felt.  I can't wait to get started. It looks like a lot of fun.

Bramblewoodbears Bramblewood Bears
Brooklyn, Washington

oh my goodness!  Such cuteness contained in a small pig...err...butterfly....err...pigfly...errr....butterpig!  What a sweetie!
Hugs,
Tomi

Johannesburg, California

Thanks for the compliment, Bramblewood bears!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So cute! Wonderful wings!

Johannesburg, California

Thanks for the compliments on my work, Edie & Elaine!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer