Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Everyone,

I've spent the last two months working on my website. This was like giving birth. I tried many different programs on my Mac and even tried to work with Joomla. I finally settled on one of the programs on my Mac and did a complete overhaul.

The website is now updated and I think it came out really nice. Can you please check it out for me and make sure the graphics all load and nothing is slow. All opinions are also welcomed.

Also, if anyone would like to swap links that would be great. I can do either text or banner, just let me know.

Phew....now maybe I can get back to making bears.

Hugs,

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Looks great!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Looks wonderful to me.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love it!!!! GReat job!!! I know what it's like doing a website overhaul..... phew!!!

The following artist links don't work: Rufnut Teddies and Teddies by Laura Lynn. On Laura's you just need to remove the slash at the end of the address and put .com. Karen's website is rufnutteddys.com

I've just added a link to your website on my site! I'd love it if you added mine! www.backroadbears.com

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi

Great looking website.  It really looks wonderful.  I only found one problem...when I click on the images in both your galleries, the additional picture(s) do not load.  Could you have moved the folders containing these photos?  To test that changes to your website update correctly, you could either:
force your web browser to reload the pages from your web server (rather than from the cache)
or
use a different computer to view your changes (your changes will not be in the cache)

Please forgive me if I am 'teaching you to suck eggs'.  I teach web development for a living.  It keeps me in mohair and alpaca!

Regards

Sue

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Tami and Eva, I'm glad you like the new design.

Daphne, I'm glad you love the way it looks. I corrected the links and added one for your website. Funny the links worked before I uploaded the page...oh well!

Sue, I used my work PC and the pictures are all loading fine for me as well as several other people I had test. The pictures are actually in a flipping book. Could you be missing a plug-in that would allow you to see them? No apologies necessary, we can all benefit from your knowledge.

Thanks everyone, keep the comments and links coming.

Hugs,

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Gijzette (what a strange first name, never heard it before  bear_shocked ),

Your website looks absolutely great  bear_thumb , but I am afraid that I experience the same difficulty as Sue :

suejennings wrote:

I only found one problem...when I click on the images in both your galleries, the additional picture(s) do not load.

I really don't know anything about webdesign, so I won't even try to guess what the problem is, but it is likely that other users will have the same problem.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Peter,

Thanks for letting me know. What browser are you using. Maybe it is browser specific.

Hugs,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Those photos/flipping books don't come up for me either. Just a box w/an x in it. I use internet explorer for a browser but I'm not sure if it's a browser issue or a matter of it being a format/program not everyone has. but I agree, if one or two of us has problems, many others will too. Sorry I can't help you figure that one out!

Gijzette wrote:

What browser are you using. Maybe it is browser specific.

Just your ordinary Internet Explorer (8) on Windows Vista.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

It is definitely an Internet Explorer issue. Very interesting because it is written in standard html. I'll email the developer of the snippet and see if they know of a fix. If not, I'll just have to change it to something else. It's a Microsoft conspiracy.

I've been able to load the pictures using Safari, Firefox and Opera. I don't have Google Chrome loaded I'll try that later today.

Sue, any ideas?

Hugs,

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Gizette,  first let me say I love your revamped site.  I really like how your bears are floating on the screen.  Same thing with me didn't work with explorer, worked great with firefox.   
I would love to swap links with you.  I would like a copy of your banner, the picture is so nice.  I can't copy it, if you could send it to me and I will add it.
Joanne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If it's a browser issue I'll tell you that in tracking my website stats through my counter over the years the vast majority of visitors (always over 80%) use Internet Explorer so changing it to something those users can see might be a good idea. I hope it's just a matter of an easy fix as it sounds like a neat way to show pictures!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Elfin-BearsBanner.jpgHi Joanne, I have added a link to your website. Here is a copy of my banner:

Daphne, I've posted a question on the website software's forum hoping for an good answer. I was thinking of leaving the pages as is and having a click here if you are an IE user and referring them to a different page.

Hugs,

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks Gizette,  Adding it now.
Joannw

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hooray!!!! I figured out what the problem was. I have fixed it and the picture book should now load up in IE.

Hugs,

Gijzette wrote:

Hooray!!!! I figured out what the problem was. I have fixed it and the picture book should now load up in IE.

Yep, it works like a charm now : very nice presentation   :clap:

Great job, Gijzette !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Thanks Peter, I'm glad you like it.

Hugs,

Board footer