Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01280-2.JPGJazzy Fran told us her sis uses modpoge to hold the curls on her dolls.

I am working on a Father Christmas, and I didn't have the special yarn she old us about for the curls.....but I did have rovings.....so I took small bits 12" of rofing and wound them on my hemostats, then removed the cirls carefully and felted them into Santa's face.  When I had His beard and hair done I took a small amount of modpoge and diluted it 2 to 1 in water ( 2 H2O to 1 modpodge....) and put it in a spray bottle.

The I spritzed the old guy all over and let him dry by the fire over night...It really works.  Now I can manipulate whatever I have to to get his costume done and not worry about the curls coming undone.

I was going to wait to share Fran's sister's idea until This guy is done, but then I thought, what if someone else is wondering what to do.....so there yu have it.....

dillywonkers

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gosh . . . that is super duper, Dilu!!  Very creative!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I can't wait to see Santa finished Di...remember, pictures, pictures and maybe a few more pictures!

Jane  bear_flower

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu, that great it's funny how someone will say something and thats gets the old brain working and then out pops santa in your case. i would never think of that ,i will tell Judy to have a look i know she will love it .

Please tell 'thank you' Judy for the modpodge idea.....it saved the day... :hug:  :hug:

I hope to get the old guy dressed this weekend.....no computers after this eaely morning visit..... bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, you'll have the most unique Santa I ever saw! Looks like his father was GOLLY, wasn't he??  bear_laugh  bear_wub

Can't ait to see the work!  :hug:  :clap:

Dilu, I'm going to sleep it's 1 a.m.  bear_sad

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Um, another foreigner's question. What on earth is modpodge?  bear_wacko

Sabine

Pipa UK

That is great Dilu !!!

Modpodge- is basically thick white glue.  I think.  It is used to gloss things up when it is painted over-  pictures, painting, etc....Other crafts use it alot.

I could have used white Elmers glue too I guess, but I didn't have enough of that.....and by putting it through the spray bottle, it comes out nice and even.

I did rinse the spraY BOTTLE REALLY WELL  (ooops) because I didn't want to ruin it, it is the official modpodge spray bottle.

Santa looks like a golly.hmmmmmm......he does resemble that remark......hw did you ever guess?  s030.gif

I got the pants and half the coat done, hopefully tomarrow.....I also need to make him boots, those take longer.....

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Thank you Dilu. Sounds like the stuff you use for decoupage work, which I haven't tried yet. Had the starter kit lying around for years, hmm. There are always at least two uses for everything.

Cheers

Sabine

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb Thanks for the tip  bear_thumb  And Sabine...thanks for asking about the Modpodge...I'm in the US, but I didn't have a clue  :redface:

bear_laugh Ha Ha!  Or should I say Ho Ho?  bear_grin Its a Golly Santa bear_grin

Pics are required after you get him finished Dilu  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA
Acipenser wrote:

Thank you Dilu. Sounds like the stuff you use for decoupage work, which I haven't tried yet. Had the starter kit lying around for years, hmm. There are always at least two uses for everything.

Cheers

Sabine

Decoupage is right that's what they use it for. You can use it for lots of good bear stuff too!!!! bear_grin  bear_tongue

Board footer