Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Who says animals don't feel love or compassion....Get your kleenex out.... remember to scroll down the article to see the pictures and the story....

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/50966_ba … et-but-sad

ps:  this is an updated website that has this story. My first post was from another site that had other stories that had graphic pictures of which were not very nice to look at. I am So sorry for those who saw the original post.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry I know many types of birds mate for life . . . that is really sad.

Sue Ann: you are so right about some mating for life. On a good note, a hummingbird flew into my window the other day and knocked itself out. I ran to it, put it in my hands to keep it warm and within a few minutes it began to wake up and eventually it flew away.

It is so important to know that many birds can recover form accidents if kept warm until they wake up. Just because they are not moving does not mean they are dead. They die from shock and cold. So you can help by putting a towel over it or do what I do and that is cradle it in one hand and over it with the other and they, most of the time, come around to fly away....most people don't know that. So I wonder with the bird in the above story if it went into shock and died. If only the photographer picked it up and kept it warm it may have lived.....

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Unfortunately many were taught as a child like I was to leave it alone as human contact will likely cause it to die. I wasn't very old before I knew that this is not necessarily correct.
My back yard is a haven for birds and other wild life that I feed.
I have watched many different birds care for their mates and young as we humans do. I'm a big believer that they experience many of the same emotions as us.
Just look at this male bird!  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Michelle, I was one of the people who didn't know that. Thank you for the information!

Becky

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

You know the same goes for all animals. Dogs or cats that are hit by a car may be unconscious and not dead. People just drive by thinking the animal is dead when they aren't. I saved a dog's life when I saw it get hit by a car. On approach, the dog looked dead. I felt its chest and found a faint heart beat. I pulled a blanket out of my car, wrapped it up and took it to the nearest vet. I offered to pay for treatment but the vet said "no" the ASPCA will pick up the tab. Bless that vets heart. The dog became a loved pet for the vet clinic. So keeping them warm prevents them from going into to shock and die can save any animals life..... bear_wub  bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

that is so sad!  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

When I worked for Animal Control I had a call to pick up an owners cat that was deceased. So the owner thought. And I took the owner at her word.
I went to pick up the cat and it "Came live" in my arms biting me 18 times before it could be pried off my arm!!!
This was a domesticated cat but many animals will "Play Dead" on purpose as to ward off potential predators.
You never know what is injured and what may be deceased but in any case be very careful picking up any animal that may be injured and hurt. This poor cat had a broken back and I would never have picked it up like I did had I thought it was injured and in pain.
Live and Learn! bear_original

Board footer