Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny, I just saw your polar bear listed TWICE on ebay.  One from you and the other from  Germany and it is listed in Australian dollars?????

I don't know what is going on...is it just my computer or has something gone haywire???

Deb Upstate New York

I only saw him once (Penny's listing) when I searched polar bear in the entire bear section of dolls & bears.

Judi, it might be helpful to Penny if you included the links to the other listings.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nancy Tillbergs bear has also been copied and listed by someone from Germany...I'll go and find the links

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEEKY-BOY-ooak-art … dZViewItem

Here is one from Roxanne Propp.  Her auction has also been copied and listed by the same seller in germany.  This is FRAUD!
http://cgi.ebay.com/21-Open-Mouth-Bear- … dZViewItem

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Judi,

I'm thinking this ebay ID might have been hijacked, very strange the auction being in Australian dollars, when the seller is registered in Germany, all his feedback has been good up until this point and and it's been in written in German...except for the last 4 negs where these buyers have been scammed, what do you think??

hugs,
Denise.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, I did notice that also.  If this is the case I feel badly for the original seller.  Ebay needs to get on it now.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great idea Erin!  Lets gang up on this naughty person!

Densteds Densteds
Website

I've just reported it to ebay, but I could only seem to put it through as a listing violation and put the auction number, do any of you know how to send them an email and actually say what's going on...
This person has 51 auctions going mostly bears...I'm sure he has hijacked the ebay ID, probably via a spoof ebay email, the real owner of the ID has unknowingly given out account details to this crook and his identity has been taken over.
The ebay ID has good feedback over a long period, so something's fishy.
The payment is via Western Union wire transfer,  there's been lots of warnings about payment by this means, never pay for an item this way, these buyers have no hope of getting their money back.
Ebay should be reporting this to the police, it's fraud.

Denise.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Maybe when someone list an auction, he can write a warning message on the description part telling about possible hijacqers and ask to bidders to contact him before any paiement. The original seller would also send another pictures of the same bear to bidders before any paiement, so the bidder will be sure that the seller really have this bear or item?

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That's a really good Idea. You could tell them to visit you me page and check your website to contact you for information about Fraud to verify that auction. I personally like it when the bidders contact me. Either with questions or compliments for the bears.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH GIRLS  bear_wub

I have been away for the weekend so did'nt have a clue what was going on with the bogus auction. I just checked out the auction and found that it had been pulled so that's a relief! Was i listed as the seller or was there another eBay ID? Gosh, i'm a bit concerned about future auctions but i shall take the good advice that you gals have given me here and get potential buyers to email me to verify the listing.
How do these people get away with doing this? Cheeky blighters  bear_shocked

Thanks my darlins  bear_wub   :hug:

Penny  bear_thumb

Board footer