Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jan Nethercutt YesterYear Design
Oklahoma

Thimble-Design-1.jpgThimble-Design-3.jpgThimble-Design-5.jpgIt has taken over a month for this little cub to be born. I crocheted his body and head, then I was distracted. Crocheted his ears and one leg...and again was distracted. His body parts waited for me to do his face. Had to be in just the right mood....you know about moods and faces. He wasn't talking to me all this time....not a whisper....no name....nothing. Maybe I was just too busy to listen. You DO have to listen to hear a bear. I took pictures and still no name. Soooo, I turned my attention to the Victorian sewing box (E'tui) that is part of the auction listing. I had it open on the table, picked up the bear and dropped him. He landed in the compartment where the thimble is supposed to go. He almost shouted 'I am THIMBLE.'

Thimble stands 1.5 inches tall, crocheted with 2 plies of cream Omega Sinfonia cotton thread/yarn. His collar was shuttle tatted with variegated brown, gold and yellow size 80 cotton tatting thread.

The Victorian Sewing Box is a copy of an English E'tui from the late 1800's (pattern by Jennie Rodman of Just Jennifer).  It measures 4" square x 5" tall; created from cardboard covered with cotton fabric.  The top and 'leaves' are padded with batting.  All sewing notions are included - thimble, tailor's straight pins, large head pins, needles, needle threader, folding scissors, one each white, black and natural thread wound on miniature cards.

eBay Item 130331187930 or http://tinyurl.com/rd2ade

Hugs, Jan

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is so sweet!  What perfect detail on such a tiny bear!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

So tiny, yet so perfect  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

AMAZING!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

He's WONDERFUL!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: the detail in this little creation is wondeRful, what a sweet face Hugs Lynne xx  bear_wub

donatel Berlin
Website

MINIATURE meisterpiece  bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thimble is a marvelous bear, and part of such a cool sewing set!

Becky

Oklahoma

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the very wonderful compliments.  :redface:   Thimble and I appreciate each comment.  Hugs, Jan

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

He's wonderful.  I do understand what you mean.  We have to listen to our babies, to learn what their name is !
Precious little bear  bear_wub  bear_wub

bear_flower Warm Regards
Lee Ann

everythingcrafty Posts: 277

Amazing , so cute.I'm crocheting A small bear at the moment, about 3.5 inches. Can't imagine how hard it is to crochet something that is only 1.5 inches. But she/he is oh sooooo cute.

Oklahoma

Thanks, Lee Ann and Marian, for stopping by and leaving such great compliments.  (Marian, you'll have lots of fun creating crocheted cubs.)  Hugs, Jan

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

Wow! Amazing work! So lovely details on a such tiny body!

hugs
Birgitta

Oklahoma

Thank you, Birgitta.  Thanks so much for the compliments.  Hugs, Jan

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Amazing!!!! :clap:
And his little sewing box is just as perfect as he! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Oklahoma

Thanks, Cyndee.  I love to make boxes.  LOL  Hugs, Jan

Oklahoma

Thank you for visiting Thimble and a special thanks again to those who left a comment.  Hugs, Jan

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Hi Jan,

you are one talented lady!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marion bear_original

Board footer