Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

well....only by the hubs   a015.gif

and only for a little while xmas-smiley-041.gif

and not because i WAS A BAD GIRL   r035.gif

welll ok, perhaps a little naughty....but that's normal.  angel-smiley-027.gif

The hubs has been working on wood all day..... n015.gif

Then all of a sudden he comes runny in.... n015.gif

"Where's the computer!"

"uh....where it usually is?"

"Why aren't you on it?"

Why aren't I on it?  I thought I was on it too much....hmmmmmm speechless-smiley-003.gif

He grabs the computer and turns it on.....he's frantically looking at the clock,

confused-smiley-003.gif

Then I am ordered out of the room.

AHA I think.  I just fell off the turnip truck 53 years ago.....not today...smiley-linie-001.gif

so I listen......sometimes he talks to himself......

smiley-linie-019.gif

then I hear...."  22 seconds left....I can't believe it....."

"Can't believe what dear?"

"Uh....can't believe that, uh, that I got a Suzuki part with just 22 seconds left."
large-smiley-023.gif

"That's nice dear..." smiley-linie-006.gif

So....he got something somewhere.....and I am banned from the internet except for TT.

hmmmm.....I am going to have a hard time with this  2 whole weeks.......

I won't be able to do it.....but at least the dear hubster is feeling pleased with himself......large-smiley-050.gif

and so am I love-smiley-075.gif

Pipa UK

hehehe dilu  i love hearing your tales about you and your hubs  bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

You wouldn't be a little excited would you Dilu?  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_flower Awwwwwhhhh...that is SO sweet!!! bear_wub   I'll bet you can't WAIT til Christmas comes!!!  :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmmmm... with a bit of snooping I bet we could determine who's/which bear it was!!!  :twisted:

But we won't tell you, Dilu!  :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

You have to LOVE this guy's style though.  I love a sniper!  Ebay sniper ... of course!

ellen ontario, canada

awwwwwwwwwwwww, wudda SWEETART!!!!!!
i can't wait to see whatcha got either!!  can ya tell him christmas is tomorrow??? 
bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL Yeah, snipers suprise me no end! I had an auction, that was at $49.95 last week. I watch the end of it.  hit Reload, oh only 15 secs to go.  I won't have any more bids.  I hit re-load once I figured the 15secs were up.. guess what?  TWO people had sniped in that time, and it went right up over $85 LOL

Weird!! I wouldn't have the guts to bid that late!

Dilu - I think your hubby sounds adorable!
Danni

Daphne....how much would it take?  money?  a golly??.....do some snooping.....

hmmmm do I want to know?

no.  he can always tell if I am fudging on the truth.....so I want to be surprised......

he is a sweetie.....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I always bid withun the last 20 seconds or so  :twisted:

Oh....I can't....I get all flustered and type the wrong things...so I just put in a max and hope for the best.  I don't even watch the end because I don't want that disappointment.....but I know he didn't mean to wait for the last min.  He was happily choping up kindeling and saw the too big logs down to a size our wood stove can handle.......

You have nerves of steel Kimmy!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Cant wait to hear the end ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It gets my adrenaline going!!!! I rarely ever bid before the last 30 seconds or so LOL... I wont bid on things unless they end when I will be at the computer also!!! LOL

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wish my bears would go that high on ebay!  :pray:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I  still cant understand why my needle felted critters sell higher than my mohair bears sometimes...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is usually the way all mine are.. I rarely ever get bids before the last few minutes, sometimes even seconds... LOL.... You just never know who at the last minute will come in and swipe something away from you with a bid too!  i have already had people come in at the last 12 seconds and outbid me LOL... I know, I know, now I know how it feels LOL

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
whiteforestbears wrote:
kbonsall wrote:

I  still cant understand why my needle felted critters sell higher than my mohair bears sometimes...

That's the "rage" right now isn't it? Felted critters? They are so adorable by the way, and your bears are awesome. I love that new one you just posted a pic of, and I know the perfect place for him.

You never know with ebay. It's hit and miss.

Thank you bear_original He is a bit more "traditional" looking than I usually make but I really like how he turned out and I used the suggestions from Kim W and Shelli about sculpting the mouth area... For a while there none of my bears had mouths unless I trimmed their fur to look more like a mouth... I am thinking of giving Lil Wooh (my avatar bear) a mouth.... hmmm....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have a book that shows a lot about sculpting... let me run downstairs and get it... cant remember the name... brb

Its called The Ultimate Handbook for Making Teddy Bears by Linda Mullins... it is the most helpful book that I have and my mom found it for me at one of those discount chain places for a whopping $2.00! i think it is retail for $14

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

DILU - NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!!! I'm so excited for you! I peeked!!!  bear_tongue
But my lips are sealed!!!  bear_noexpression   bear_innocent

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Gee isn't that sweet.
Dilu - maybe it's a BIG DIAMOND RING...  bear_innocent
Or maybe it was really a car part...  bear_grin
Whatever it is we want pics when you get it.

I just sold a bunch of fleece hats that I made several years ago and nothing really started to happen until the last two days.
I am going to list a few more this weekend hopefully tonight. I added free shipping within the 48 states and offered a $3.00 shipping discount to other areas.
ebay id: hare1990

What I have noticed when I list bears and bunnies on ebay if I list them in the Featured Plus I can get more traffic and most of the time more money.
But If I start something out at $2.00 likes Michelle Lamb, mine only goes for about $5.00, while she gets $5,000. I don't get it.
So I usually start mine out at 50% of my retail and then place a reserve on it and if I am in the mood I will add a buy-it-now.

If I can wait till the last minute I do and then snipe it. But I also bid my max.

Deb Upstate New York

s035.gif snipers!  The only folks that don't like them have to be the ones that lose the auction they're bidding on!

Confession:  I am one!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is exciting Dilu!
I would be a nervous wreck if tried to wait to the very last minute to bid. I just bid what my maximum is and then hope for the best.
Kim, I have heard that, Linda Mullin's book is very good. I love books and have quite a few on bear making, but I don't have that one, and what a good buy!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I have the Linda Mullin's book...and it's not my favorite...it's okay...I just refer to it the least of the several books I've purchased.   I'm wanting Ted Menten's book...whichever one others refer to.

Shantell

Board footer