Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Battina.jpg

Here's a new creation that I've been working on.  I was completely inspired by Linda Coker's bat she posted recently.  I wanted to try out my fairy wing technique on some bat wings and it worked great.  Unfortunately, this little bat drove me batty trying to get her picture!  I think I'll try for better pictures another day but here is Battina!  The wings are made from sheer fabric and wire and if you'd like to learn this technique, I did a photo tutorial that was published in the current issue of Australian Bear Creations Magazine.

Hugs,
Alison 

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How cute is this? Love it!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_flower  bear_wub  :clap: Battina is precious!  The wings curve just right.  I would like to learn how to make wings like that.  How do I get ahold of a copy of the current issue of Australian Bear Creations magazine?   :clap:  bear_wub  bear_flower

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Alison, She is SO cute!  I love her!
Hugs,
Janice

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

I love her, do you think she could fly over my way?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Love, love her.  I would have never thought of a fluffy, girly girl bat. How great is that, love those pink wings.
Joanne

LindaCoker - Lollihops Posts: 144
Website

Oh my goodness! This little one is so precious! I was drawn immediately when I saw the thumbnail photo and had drop a note.... then I saw your sweet comment about my little bat (blushing). Thanks so much. Your little one is fantastic and those little feet cracked me up! We are all inspired by those amazing wings, too. Can't wait to check out the tutorial.

Very sweet all around,
Linda

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

How wonderful!!  She's great! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

What a cutie!

hugs,

Brenda

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Thanks everyone.  Sandra, the editor of Australian Bear Creations is a member here.  I'll email her and ask her to post information on how to get a copy of the issue with the wing tutorial.  I don't know that volume or issue number.

Hugs,
Alison

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: wonderful, I love the pink touch to the wings, sweet little bat Hugs Lynne xxx  bear_wub  bear_wub

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

What is up with my family???  I made 2 more sets of bat wings today.  My daughter walks into my studio, picks them up and asks, "Did you make these?"  My answer was, "Who do you think made them? You think I bought them?"    First my husband and the pumpkin, now my daughter and bat wings.  They must really think I sit around eating bon bons all day!  Or perhaps little elves sneak in at night and make everything for me.  Wouldn't that be nice!  It's back to work to make 2 more bats to go with the new wings.

Hugs,
Alison

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

The cutest little bat I've ever seen!  bear_wub

LEllenBrown Posts: 213

Oh my gosh! How unique!!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

HI Everyone

The wing tutorial is in the curretn issue of Aust Bear Creations which is VOl 15 NO 3 ....which is on the stands at the moment her in Australia and will be overseas in 3 months time. If you want a copy or want to subscribe here is the link for teh "Editors Special Subscription offer" this was supposed to send some time ago but my boss has forgotten to take it down and I haven't reminded him .......LOL.  If you subcribe to this offer you have the current issue toverseas the same time as we in Aust do!!

http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/s … php?page=5

hugs
Sandra

Board footer