Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

My Hubby Loves the movie" Christmas Story"  We had been trying to remember what Ralfie's little brothers name was.  As soon as we remembered, we moved onto the next ' Christmas Story" related topic... the red rider bb gun.  Hubby was saying how cool it would be to find one but how the would be far too expencive.  We went down an asile and they were there! for $30 LOL!  Jenn

You too.  Merry Christmas!  We are watching that movie now.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

ISN'T TNT going to have it on for 24 hours straight.  I think they did last year....I love that movie too, its one of my favorites......the hubs thinks I'm nuts, but we have to watch it at least once a season all the way through....none of this watching on the fly while cleaning or cookings stuff....

So did your husband get it Jenn?

Is he happy?

does he still have both his eyes?  bear_grin  bear_grin

There are so many classic moments in that film........

Deb Upstate New York

OMG ~ maybe Dilu is getting one of those LAMPS! 

k020.gif

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

"Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense".... bear_laugh  I just LOVE that movie!!  bear_laugh   Sooooo many memorable scenes, and so many repeated from my own childhood  bear_whistle   bear_grin

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I think there are scenes from everybody's childhood in there somewhere!LOL
And so much of it still happens today!
My Friend went to her parents house for  Thanksgiving dinner, Her husband had taken the kids to visit his family and we all had to work. Anyway, they had a lovely Dinner and had left the remainder of the turkey on the counter to cool before putting up the leftovers, Her dog stole the Turkey and ran outside with it. HA  HA  HA!! We were all laughing about a Christmas story for Days.!!!

Dilu,, yeah he got it!  yeah he is thrilled!  His eyes boggled!  Jenn

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

OH I LOVE THAT MOVIE TO BITS  bear_wub

I still search the tv listings every Christmas to see if it is on. I love  the bit where the little kid is sooo trussed up in his winter clothes that he can't put his arms down he he he....
....and the part where the father wins that hideous 'leg' lamp HA HA HA

I'm so glad that we are not the only ones who love the movie - what a cult classic  :dance:

Penny  :hug:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Help!!  I've never heard of this movie and it sounds great.  Is it like a 'National Lampoon' Christmas Vacation (you know with Chevy Chase as Mr Griswold) or more subtle and who's in it. 
I'm trying to work out if maybe the movie has another title here(some have)

Its called" A Christmas Story.

Dilu Posts: 8,574
melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

ooh Penny the "I can't put my arms down" bit is my favourite too. 

That and the visit to Santa.  I HATED Father Christmas when I was little - I liked the idea of him but when it came to sitting on his knee and having his photo taken - ugh!  All the photos of my bro and sis sitting on santa's knee are really cute - as they are similar in age the two of them are always together looking nice and smiley.  8 years later and I'm there stiff as a board grimacing at the camera!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  WooHoo! I love A Christmas Story!

We never miss watching it at Christmas, as well as the National Lampoon Christmas movie.

The actress who plays Ralphie's teacher is a neighbor and friend of mine, Teddi Moore. She was very pregnant during the filming. The little boy she was carrying (Noah) is now almost 23!

Eileen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That movie is so funny!   DH loves it.  a080.gif  We watched it on TBS last year when they played it 24 hours straight. 

I saw the leg lamp in a catalog along with other Christmas Story related items. 

Eileen,
That's funny that your neighbor played the teacher.  Do they watch the movie in her house?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  I never thought to ask! I'll probably catch up to her wometime during the holidays, so I'll pose the Q.

Teddi did say that Christmas Story was lots of fun to work on! Actually she's the exact opposite of the teacher character. Very slim, [INVALID] and sultry, even after all these years.

The parade and street scenes were shot in Toronto--you can see Toronto streetcars and postal boxes.

Eileen

Board footer