Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Things here have been coming along pretty good. I have begun cutting out a new mohair open mouth teddy bear. I'll continue to work on it as long my arm will allow. I still have numbness and needle stabbing pain around my elbow and forearm. Here we are at 9 weeks since the accident. I thought that it would be completely healed by now. Apparently there is some nerve damage. I guess I should be patient and give it some more time. And thankful that it was not worse than it was.....
Things have been really quiet here in my little corner of the teddy world. Hopefully I have not been out of the "public eye" to long.
I will try to keep things updated with my new teddy bear project.

wk9.JPG

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh Roxanna it is so good to hear from you. Your arm is healing nice and looks so much better. Sorry to hear you are still getting pain but like you said it will take time.
I have been thinking of you and wondering how you was getting on   bear_flower  :hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki xx

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Roxanne

Hasn't it healed well on the outside the nerve damage may take sometime to come right but you were very very lucky glad to see your back with us. :hug:

Raewyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Roxanne it is so good to see that your arm is healing so well. I am sorry that you still are having problems, but as you said it will take time. Take it easy with your sewing and I am sure it will be wonderful as ever when complete. Great that you can sew again.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Ouchy - that's an impressive looking scar, Roxanne! Glad to hear tho that it's healed well, and as everyone has said, the nerves will take a bit of time to come right............... it's good to hear that you can work on bears again..........but take it EASY!
huggies
Maria

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Roxanne, good to see you healing so nicely. Still early days but stick this in the back of your mind... My hubby just about tore his foot off a few years ago and has masses of nerve damage. A Physio friend did dry needling, a bit like acupuncture and it did help him. You must be so relieved the worst is over. That was a nasty accident :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Nerve damage does take much longer to heal than we might think.  Everything looks fine on the outside, but those nerves on the inside are still in a healing mode.  You can think of that pain as a reminder that you still have an arm.  I cringe when I think of how close you came to losing your arm.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I do hope with your time your arm will heal just fine, just take your time, no one will forget you  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:
Catherine x

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Thanks ya'll for the words of encouragement.    :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

You can think of that pain as a reminder that you still have an arm.  I cringe when I think of how close you came to losing your arm.

Absolutely, Miss Millie! I look at the pain as a good thing.  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - goodlooking scar, Roxanne!  So glad you are getting back to your bears and hope the pain will, in time, just be a memory.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hang in there, it will get better, I'm sure it will take some time  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Glad to see your arm is healing nicely and that you're working on bears again.  :hug:

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

I'm so pleased to see your arm is healing nicely in spite of the nerve damage, which always takes longer. Good to hear you're back to your bear making. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer