Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi again TT'ers,
OK so I've been in my own little world of late, and once again I would just like to let everyone know that I believe an 8th day would make all of the difference to my presence in the cyberworld- I would call it the "day to catch up on blogs, websites, forum and emails day"! But it  is coming up to that time of year, and I so look forward to getting my Christmas ornament- and so that everyone has a chance to join in I thought I would start up the list a little early this year!
So I'll be para phrasing from last years post, because the message is the same.

Wow is Christmas coming fast or what?!!!
If you'd like to participate please follow the guidelines and have your info in by 1st November, I will hold a random draw of participants to allocate partners in the days that follow, but you can get your ornament started as soon as you decide you are participating so it can be sent in time.  As it is a Teddy Bear Ornament Exchange, perhaps more people could find the time to participate. This will be a COMPLETELY RANDOM swap and part of the fun is that you must keep the name I draw for you a secret! (You will not likely have the same person who has you.) I will draw a name for each participant and send them an email with the name and address of their match.The idea of this swap is to create a Teddy Bear Christmas Tree ornament for your partner. The scale of this project should make it easier for mailing and perhaps quicker to complete this busy time of year.

Follow this link to see some of the lovely ornaments exchanged last year! Some were small Teddy Bear heads embellished in Christmas style and some were felted creations and tiny bears. These are only some examples. Your ornament can be any medium you like to work in. Be creative! (like I have to say that!) The rules are that it must be bear/critter -themed and hand made by you to hang on a tree or similar!

Here is the link to last years tree:
http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=27751

Here is how to participate:

1. Send me an email to happylittlesouls@y7mail.com containing your user name, your full name, and your mailing address by November 1, 2009.

2. I will send you a return email with your partner's name and address, once the draw takes place. PLEASE keep it a secret! Everyone loves a nice Christmas surprise! (Remember, the person who's name you have is not necessarily the one who has your name.)

3. Make a lovely Teddy Bear ornament for your partner. Be sure to add a string or cord for hanging it. Wrap it nicely and make a tag revealing yourself to your partner.

4. Ship the ornament so it will arrive by December 24, 2009 for a wonderful Christmas surprise.

5. In good time we will have another tree to display the beautiful creations, so send in a photo once you've received your ornament via email to an email TBA.

Merry Christmas!!!

As a sidebar I'm using email instead of PM's as the messages are a little easier to sort out that way.
Also from the lessons learnt last year, to get your ornaments to their destinations on time, you really need to send it by the beginning of December if it has an overseas address, this way recipients also get to enjoy seeing them on the tree for that much longer before Christmas.

Hope you'll be able to join us
Cheers
Melissa

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh boy, just emailed you, I love doing this every year!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Ooooooo, how exciting!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I just emailed you with my info.
Warmly,
Cheryl

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

sent you an email  bear_original

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Yes, I want to play too!!!!!! bear_grin  :dance:  :dance:
I have sent you an email!

Hugs

Ann-Marie
BearMeToo

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I just sent you an email. I anxiously await my ornament every year.

Hugs,

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Count me in too...this is such a fun and great thing to be involved in each year... will send an email shortly. :clap:

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I'm up for it too!! :dance:

teeeej Brisbane

Ohh I want to join in this year. Sounds like fun! :lol:

Edit - I just tried to email you and it bounced back at me. bear_sad

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I've signed up  bear_happy  Can't wait!  :dance:

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:clap:  :dance: signing up, can't wait, my favorite time of year.  Even tho my poor lost ornament that finally got to its destination was never posted. But I ended up making a new one and then sent the old one when it arrived back to my house 3 months later.  LOL :crackup:

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Wow is it that time of year again. Boy this year sure is going by fast at least for me. I have not posted much this year but slowly getting back into it.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I just sent you an email but forgot to put my user name on it. :redface:

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

I would love to join too!!!!!!  I have sent you an e-mail!!   :dance:

*Jeannette

Blueberrycreations Blueberrycreations
Northern California
Website

Count me in :dance:  Last years was so much fun! bear_grin

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Melissa
count me in
I have just sent you an email
hugs
Tracey

Back in New Zealand on the 6th October

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

This sounds like fun and last years ornaments were so wonderful!  I'm emailing you, I can't wait! :dance:

Karon Posts: 751

I would like to join.

Would it be possible for the person who gets my name to take photo of their ornament to post though, as I don't understand how to do.

unless of course I get the hang of it by that time!!

Loved the Summer Swap.

Karon

Little_Bearries Holt, MI

I would like to take part! I sent in my email... but forgot to post here!

Let me know if you got my info, if not, I'll resend it! :)

Heather

djbbears Queensland

would love to be in the chrissie swap.......have started already.......have sent an email........ :hug:

cheers
Debbie

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I'm in again!  Just sent my details.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I can hardly wait! My computer has been down & I was afraid I would miss this.

Thank you Tammy for taking the time to organize this!
TTFN
Amy

lostbears Lost bears
Moscow

Wow! it so exiting! wait for me!!!!

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Melissa

i have sent you an email with my details, what a great idea thanks for the invite.

bearhugs
susan x

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

I have sent you my details.  Looking forward to participating
Susan (Masonbears England)

Board footer