Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

The Great Bear Posts: 94

Hello to you all,

I thought of a new subject and wanted to share it with you on here. I think it is an interesting one  bear_thumb

Three times I have organised a challenge in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and in 2007, I have been amongst the jury for the Ted Worldwide in Germany.

Another time too, in another country, I have been called in the hurry 3 weeks before the expiry date of a conquest by a challenge's organizer in order to suggest artists work's to take part to a challenge (which I really can't give the name) because there were not participants enough... and it wasn't a suburb's challenge if you see what I mean.. bear_whistle

So, after thoses experiences, I really am wondering what are worth challenges ?

I am wondering what kind of rules should be thought at in order to suggest something very clear and clean too....

How artists would like be reassured taking part to a challenge in order to get as many chances as everyone ?

Also what kind of way would it be possible to find in order to allow all the artists to take part to a challenge freely, without any cost, without any business hidden somewhere ?

This message does not mean all the challenge are the same but there is a but. So it would be a good idea to know your view point and what solution could we find ?

Best Wishes

Eric

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

A teensy weensy language barrier here.  What is a suburb's challenge?

I'm thinking you are asking about what kind of challenge/competition would be fair to all, how to get people to participate and what kind of rules would be fair????  Hmmmmm. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

The Great Bear Posts: 94
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

A teensy weensy language barrier here.  What is a suburb's challenge?

I'm thinking you are asking about what kind of challenge/competition would be fair to all, how to get people to participate and what kind of rules would be fair????  Hmmmmm. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Oops Sorry, translating a french saying to english does not work well lol

By Suburb's challenge I meant it was not a very small challenge, it was not an unknown challenge. It was a big one.

My apologizes again.

Best Wishes

Eric

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hmmm well I am a bit reluctant to enter competitions that have voting over the internet. It just seems that sort of voting is much more open to manipulation.
    The reputation of the contest is important I think, like you mention the Golden George, the TOBYS, Golden Teddy, TITA etc. Just as artists  have to build their reputations over the years and through hard work, so do contests. Just my opinion of course:)
    But then I am not a big contest-enterer so my opinion probably doesn't count for much:)

Board footer