Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I don't want to be alarmist - but don't think that spoof emails are the only way that people can steal your ebay account details (or worse, bank a/c details).

Some spyware has keystroke loggers - that monitor every key that you hit on your computer - they then scan them for regular occurences (e.g. passwords and log in).  If you leave your computer plugged in to your phone jack they can access your computer remotely - even if it's not turned on.  You don't have to give out details to anyone to get infected by this spyware - it can be lurking in sites that you visit.  SO don't click on popups and don't leave your modem plugged into the jack when you're not using it. Make sure you use good passwords and  keep your anti-virus software up to date.  AVG has a fantastic free program that is as good as any of the paid software  and consider switching to  Mozilla for your webbrowser; it blocks popups and is so much more immune to viruses than IE (and if you have dial up you can run multiple webpages via tabs much more quickly than in IE)

that's my rant over for today   bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You taught me something new.....thanks Melissa......maybe the hubs isn't so paranoid when he says we have to disconnect after every use....

Deb Upstate New York

Run your Ad-aware and/or Spybot daily too!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Why can't these sad people find something useful to do........   pain in the you know what to everyone  :twisted:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Clare, I am soo with you. I often wonder why these people have nothing to do. Something went very wrong with them.
At least with other crimes you can detect some sort of motive, but with these guys, just plain bored

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When I'm bored, I eat (too many) potato chips.  Or chocolate.

Let's send them some junk food; that should cure the problem.

bear_whistle  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_original

Deb Upstate New York
Shelli wrote:

When I'm bored, I eat (too many) potato chips.  Or chocolate.

Let's send them some junk food; that should cure the problem.

bear_whistle  bear_grin  bear_tongue  :)

Well OMG, you're the only one on THIS board!  HA ... NOT!

Board footer